PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Releases

BenJazz
08-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Nathaniel Yamaguchi posted over on BoardGameGeek about some of the future 2016 releases after the Watchmen Crossover pack comes out in January. The information can be found at this link (with quotes from Skinner):

CLICK ME! (http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32316/dc-comics-deck-building-game-adds-suicide-squad)

I am excited for the Suicide Squad Crisis expansion as well as the villain-themed and The Flash crossover.

I did want to maybe get some thoughts from the game designers that frequent the forums as to the ideas behind the Rivals: Batman versus Superman set and game board as it looks like there is a lot going into it. I am curious as to how it will differentiate itself from the Rivals: Batman versus The Joker set seeing as we have now seen a lot of cards themed around the Batman universe. I think the BvS set could be a buy if it brings in some fresh concepts.

GamerGurlAR88
08-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Yay this makes me so happy :)

jakecav18
08-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Very excited for this. Been waiting for the Forever Evil expansion. Very excited for the Watchmen as well, both because I love the Watchmen and the fact that they will seem to try to really mix up the gameplay with new mechanics.

I'm a big fan of the idea of putting some focus on the Crossover packs in general. They allow as much of a gameplay difference as a whole new big set would while pumping them out at a much faster rate.

I was disappointed they didn't follow the Hero v. Villain setup for the next Rivals, but I have full faith that it will turn out great. Crypto is really trying to bring us something different each time and that is appreciated.

I know it's been said, but what I would love more than anything is more focus on anything Capcom. I loved the Street Fighter game because it had more player interaction than any set so far.

Mac_Apple
08-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Excited about everything else, especially Watchment, but more non-comic cards as well as RIVALS being a "Batman parade" is a massive disappointment.

I need my Larfleeze, Atrocitus, and Lobo oversized Villains!