PDA

View Full Version : Crisis 3: Suicide Squad themed. Start speculatin'!

midnight_rider
08-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Given the news of Crisis 3 expansion centering around the Suicide Suicide Squad, who do you expect/hope to see as main characters?

Deadshot has to be top of the list, right? He seems to be included in just about every form of SS. Another name I see a lot is Captain Boomerang.

Hopefully a SS flavored mechanic? A rough idea off the top of my head are cheap, Powerful cards that after played are destroyed.

Mac_Apple
08-19-2015, 01:04 PM
My best guess? We usually get 14 OS cards w/ Crisis, previously 8 Crisis and 6 non-Crisis. We have something a bit different this time.

Crisis: Deathstroke, Black Manta, Harley Quinn

Totally & Suicide Squad-related: Deadshot, Captain Cold, Duela Dent, Reverse Flash, Cheetah, King Shark, Captain Boomerang, Amanda Waller

Additional Villains (My Hopes): Larfleeze, Atrocitus, Lobo

It's equally as likely that some of these will be replaced with Lex Luthor and the other Crisis Villains, but I don't think so. I just really want all of my Lantern Corps leaders/figureheads! :(

(You should totally check out my Crisis 3 concepts in my signature)

StormKing
08-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Pretty sure the news said there is a Suicide Squad theme in Crisis 3, not that Crisis 3 centers around Suicide Squad. Consider that in your speculation. ;p

GamerGurlAR88
08-19-2015, 02:13 PM
The oversized crisis cards will NOT be the suicide squad, but the oversized games for standard game play will be. <-my prediction

Mac_Apple
08-19-2015, 05:49 PM
If that's the case, I'll be legitimately disappointed if we don't get Larfleeze and Atrocitus eventually. :(

If that's the case though, the extra six will probably be something like...

Captain Cold, Duela Dent, Deadshot, Reverse Flash, Captain Boomerang, and Amanda Waller.

DIsForDoom
08-20-2015, 11:29 AM
The oversized crisis cards will NOT be the suicide squad, but the oversized games for standard game play will be. <-my prediction

This is probably more of what we are looking at in terms of the OS cards. At least if Crisis 2 and its theme of Blackest Night are the standard bearer. This would also mean the theme will run through out the additional cards and any new Superheroes that get added or the crises that they have.

GuruGuru214
08-20-2015, 01:02 PM
If that's the case, I'll be legitimately disappointed if we don't get Larfleeze and Atrocitus eventually. :(

If that's the case though, the extra six will probably be something like...

Captain Cold, Duela Dent, Deadshot, Reverse Flash, Captain Boomerang, and Amanda Waller.

It's not gonna be Amanda Waller. That would make no sense. My friend pointed out that Waller will more likely be one of the Impossible Mode Super Heroes, since a large element of the Suicide Squad involves them trying to get out from under Waller's thumb. He thinks she might be the blue-backed final Hero. I'm split on whether I think it'll be her or Impossible Mode Superman, though I'd rather see it be Waller.

He's also pulling for Cheetah to be one of the six Suicide Squad oversized Super-Villains, so we'll finally have some representation for Wonder Woman's rogues gallery.

Mac_Apple
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM
It's not gonna be Amanda Waller. That would make no sense. My friend pointed out that Waller will more likely be one of the Impossible Mode Super Heroes, since a large element of the Suicide Squad involves them trying to get out from under Waller's thumb. He thinks she might be the blue-backed final Hero. I'm split on whether I think it'll be her or Impossible Mode Superman, though I'd rather see it be Waller.

He's also pulling for Cheetah to be one of the six Suicide Squad oversized Super-Villains, so we'll finally have some representation for Wonder Woman's rogues gallery.

Yeah, she was a Hero in the main deck, so that makes sense. I'd really like to see Cheetah more, anyway.

midnight_rider
08-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Keep in mind there was also mention of a villain related crossover pack in the works to complete the villain brand. With Suicide Squad in Crisis 3, I'm curious as to what it will be. Crime Syndicate maybe, or something new?

GuruGuru214
08-21-2015, 01:40 PM
I thought the villain Crossover we heard about turned out to be a confused report about what was actually Crisis 3.

Edit: Nope, should've re-read that upcoming releases post again before I posted. Crossover pack featuring villains with an "undetermined theme" coming next year.

DIsForDoom
08-21-2015, 04:31 PM
It could be Sinestro Corp, Earth-3, or Injustice League/Legion of Doom related. In the end they have a lot of options for the crossover pack but further speculation on crossovers might be best served in a separate thread.
On that note what new Superheroes do we expect or even just the Blue backed one.

BenJazz
08-21-2015, 06:16 PM
It could be Sinestro Corp, Earth-3, or Injustice League/Legion of Doom related. In the end they have a lot of options for the crossover pack but further speculation on crossovers might be best served in a separate thread.
On that note what new Superheroes do we expect or even just the Blue backed one.

If we are talking about the FE Crisis expansion, I would assume the Impossible-Mode versions of the Super-Heroes from FE with maybe 3 new S-H if following the Crisis 2 trend. IF they really wanted to have fun with it though I would love to see them instead do new S-H stack based off of the HU/Crisis 2 oversized characters (especially if we are not going to see Villains expansions after next year). As far as the Blue-backed S-H, I am assuming Batman or Superman. If they decide to make the Blue-backed NOT one of the S-H from the original set, I would think Amanda Waller would be the best candidate based on the Suicide Squad theme.

I will be curious though if they are switching the Crisis rules for FE to heroes will be destroyed instead of villains. Also, Deathstroke is going to KILL in Crisis... redeemed for being the least played character in competitive play.

Mac_Apple
08-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Heroes will definitely be destroyed in Crisis 3. If not, that's just stupid. I think VP tokens and Frozen tokens are going to have new effects, such as paying costs with VP tokens instead of power, and I expect Frozen tokens to gain "For the purpose of defeating a Crisis, a Frozen card is not considered in the Line-Up".

I think the Superheroes will be Crisis versions of each one released, plus probably Shazam!, Zatanna, Nightwing, and maybe Deadman. I could also envision HU characters like Hawkman replacing Deadman. I just hope Zatanna gets a Superhero because she was a big player in Forever Evil: Blight.

Again, I have an entire concept set in my sig so that's what I'm basing this off of. :P

BenJazz
08-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Heroes will definitely be destroyed in Crisis 3. If not, that's just stupid. I think VP tokens and Frozen tokens are going to have new effects, such as paying costs with VP tokens instead of power, and I expect Frozen tokens to gain "For the purpose of defeating a Crisis, a Frozen card is not considered in the Line-Up".

I think the Superheroes will be Crisis versions of each one released, plus probably Shazam!, Zatanna, Nightwing, and maybe Deadman. I could also envision HU characters like Hawkman replacing Deadman. I just hope Zatanna gets a Superhero because she was a big player in Forever Evil: Blight.

Again, I have an entire concept set in my sig so that's what I'm basing this off of. :P

On the topic of VP, I was hoping that would be part of the theme with the Crisis-mode over-sized villains. Since VP tokens mean nothing in Crisis, hopefully have some S-V that do something along the lines of "Spend X VP to ..." or "If you have X VP, once per turn ...". It would be cool to see some Crisis cards do the same as well. As for the Frozen tokens, we use them with Frozen City for Crisis 2 so I don't know if there will be a Crisis specifically for that. I like your idea about it not being considered in the Line-Up/counting against defeating the Crisis, it makes Cold Gun so much more usable. Also, if I remember correctly, one of the designers said we would see more/different tokens included with Crisis 3. I wonder what they may be doing with that...

Arrojacast
10-14-2015, 02:04 PM
on the topic of villain related cross over packs, I think what they are doing is crisis per core set, 2 cross overs per core set. It is not as clear with the cross overs, but the JSA seems very closely linked to the original set, and the first set is also the one that had a slight focus on GA, including an over-sized hero come crisis, where as legion of heroes seems tied to heroes unite, if for no other reason than the flight ring connection. idk watchmen that well (cross over pack 4) but they kinda seemed more 2nd set than first, and hardly FE or TT. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to believe that cross overs 5 and 6 will BOTH be villain themed, and that seems like a great chance to slip in the evil lantern gang. Just my 2 cents.

SpiritDetective
10-14-2015, 02:31 PM
on the topic of villain related cross over packs, I think what they are doing is crisis per core set, 2 cross overs per core set. It is not as clear with the cross overs, but the JSA seems very closely linked to the original set, and the first set is also the one that had a slight focus on GA, including an over-sized hero come crisis, where as legion of heroes seems tied to heroes unite, if for no other reason than the flight ring connection. idk watchmen that well (cross over pack 4) but they kinda seemed more 2nd set than first, and hardly FE or TT. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to believe that cross overs 5 and 6 will BOTH be villain themed, and that seems like a great chance to slip in the evil lantern gang. Just my 2 cents.

I thought Crossover 5 or 6 was The Flash

GuruGuru214
10-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Yeah, we've already got confirmation (http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32316/dc-comics-deck-building-game-adds-suicide-squad) that Crossover 5 is the villain one and Crossover 6 is The Flash.

Also, it's been repeatedly stated that the Crossover packs are designed to be set-neutral.

Arrojacast
10-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Yeah, we've already got confirmation (http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32316/dc-comics-deck-building-game-adds-suicide-squad) that Crossover 5 is the villain one and Crossover 6 is The Flash.

Also, it's been repeatedly stated that the Crossover packs are designed to be set-neutral.

I must have missed both those announcements...as to be set neutral, it seems like the only thing making them more 'set neutral' then crisis packs is that they don't have revisions of per-existing characters (arrow aside), I could be wrong, I just saw strong tie ins between the sets.

MStreva89
10-15-2015, 08:44 AM
I really hope along with Mac_Apple that we receive Atrocitus and Larfleeze. I was highly disappointed when neither of them were included in Crisis 2, since it was Blackest Night related.

Red Lanterns are my favorite by a lot, so I'm really hyped about an Atrocitus Character card coming to the mix. I actually like the theme behind Mac_Apple's Atrocitus design as it really hits the nail on the head in terms of what kind of effect Atrocitus would have.

Here's hoping they bring the 2 remaining favorite bad Lanterns to the mix.

BenJazz
10-15-2015, 10:03 AM
I really hope along with Mac_Apple that we receive Atrocitus and Larfleeze. I was highly disappointed when neither of them were included in Crisis 2, since it was Blackest Night related.

Red Lanterns are my favorite by a lot, so I'm really hyped about an Atrocitus Character card coming to the mix. I actually like the theme behind Mac_Apple's Atrocitus design as it really hits the nail on the head in terms of what kind of effect Atrocitus would have.

Here's hoping they bring the 2 remaining favorite bad Lanterns to the mix.

Don't Forget about the Black Lanterns... we could get a Black Hand character up in here as well (since there are already 2 White Lanterns). They could do a war of light Cross-Over with Atrocitus, Larfleeze and Black Hand along with Jon Stewart, Killawog and Guy Gardner. Throw in a couple more GL themed main deck cards and I would be fine without a new S-V stack.

StormKing
10-16-2015, 02:38 AM
The crossover packs are not tied to any core set, each crossover pack has been designed and tested with all 4 sets in mind.

Arrojacast
01-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Impossible Mode Villains (Predicted)
Johnny Quick
Atomica
Deathstorm
Power Ring
Grid
Super Woman
Ultra Man
MAZAHS (As final villain?)
The Outsider (Maybe, not super likely)
Sea King (also somewhat unlikely.)
As for the rest, I am guessing they will just be villains who aligned themselves with the CS.

Main Deck Cards (predicted)
The Question
Pride
Wrath
Envy
Lust
Greed
Sloth
Gluttony
Yellow Lantern Batman
Mirror master +related cards (IE: Mirror control or something)
Weather Wizard + related cards
Captain Cold related cards? (I mean, there is already cold gun, but they could totally include other things. As for CC himself, he would probably;y be an over-sized.)
Trickster + related cards
Boomerang related cards
Killer Crock related cards
Batcave (they already have a batcave location in both the base set and rivals, but FE has duplicates of other cards (in name) so I don't see that this would be too big an issue.)

Oversized Villains (not counting CRISIS versions of the guys we already have)
Captain Cold
Deadshot
Killer Crock
Captain Boomerang
2 other guys, probably Suicide squad related.)

Crisis cards
Not a clue. First one probably something along the lines of 'visitors from another world', but beyond that, I have no idea.

BenJazz
02-01-2016, 07:37 AM
I had some thoughts on Forever Evil/Trinity War themed Crisis cards (in name only):
- Doppelgangers
- How Bizzarre - O!
- Kryptonite Shard
- League vs. League
- Opening Pandora's Box

I would be interested to see what people would come up with as game texts for the above cards. Feel free to post your ideas below.

SpiritDetective
02-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Any spoilers for Crisis 3?

aoineko
02-03-2016, 01:48 AM
Any spoilers for Crisis 3?

Some of the guesses in this thread are correct. :)

MyLittlePonyKeg
02-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm hoping for Crisis Green Arrow, Crisis Constantine, Crisis Robin, Crises Red Robin, Red Hood, Arsenal and Captain Cold player cards.
Looking forward to a possible 5-6 card grouping; Suicide Squad, Manhunters, Royal Flush Gang; since there wasn't one in Titans.

LexLuthorJr
02-06-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing the 8 Over-Sized Crisis Super Villains will simply all be the Forever Evil OSSV. The six extra OSSV will likely all be Suicide Squad characters. Deadshot is a given, and probably Captain Boomerang. The others are a little more up in the air, as some of the contenders are Amanda Waller, Rick Flagg, Killer Frost, Killer Croc, King Shark, Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, and many more.

SpiritDetective
02-16-2016, 04:02 PM
CoolStuffInc is listing a March 02, 2016 release for Crisis 3. Is this true?

Matt_Hyra
02-16-2016, 04:21 PM
CoolStuffInc is listing a March 02, 2016 release for Crisis 3. Is this true?

Looks like it is probably true!

BenJazz
02-16-2016, 04:40 PM
Just over 2 weeks then until we get our hands on Crisis 3... YAY! Do you know what the timeline is then for preview articles or the official page?

SpiritDetective
02-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Looks like it is probably true!

In that case, I'm looking forward to pre-ordering this on the E-Store.

Stryyder
02-16-2016, 05:59 PM
less than a month with no spoilers is killing me, almost literally. o_o

Totally forgot to ask Mr. Hyra about it when I saw him at OrcCon this weekend, lol.

julio
02-17-2016, 08:24 AM
I need to know the release date!!! PLEASE!! This uncertainty is killing me... xD

Matt_Hyra
02-17-2016, 08:40 AM
I need to know the release date!!! PLEASE!! This uncertainty is killing me... xD

Still looking like March 2nd.

N-Finite
02-17-2016, 09:46 AM
March 2nd!!! Crisis 3 releases on my birthday! What a wonderful surprise! Thanks Cryptozoic!

SpiritDetective
02-17-2016, 11:45 PM
How many new Crisis cards are there?

julio
02-18-2016, 01:09 AM
How many new Crisis cards are there?

I would like to know the total number of cards... I think I need more sleeves...

BenJazz
02-18-2016, 07:14 AM
I would like to know the total number of cards... I think I need more sleeves...

From the information previously available from online retailers, there will be 14 Over-sized character cards and 54 normal cards (along with a new token sheet). Of those normal cards I would estimate 13 are Impossible-Mode S-V's, 15 are Crisis Cards and 26 are Main Deck cards. Slightly lower Main deck card count with this set but you are getting the new tokens and also rules for the Not-So-Cooperative version of Crisis play tied with the Suicide Squad theme.

julio
02-18-2016, 08:32 AM
From the information previously available from online retailers, there will be 14 Over-sized character cards and 54 normal cards (along with a new token sheet). Of those normal cards I would estimate 13 are Impossible-Mode S-V's, 15 are Crisis Cards and 26 are Main Deck cards. Slightly lower Main deck card count with this set but you are getting the new tokens and also rules for the Not-So-Cooperative version of Crisis play tied with the Suicide Squad theme.

Thanks!!! :cool:

SpiritDetective
02-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Will we be able to pre-order Crisis 3 from the Cryptozoic E-Store this week?

StormKing
02-22-2016, 09:24 PM
Thought people would be posting here by now. XD

BenJazz
02-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Thought people would be posting here by now. XD

You mean about this:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/dc-comics-deck-building-game-crisis-expansion-3-preview-blog

BenJazz
02-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah... I am super ready for this set. I am especially happy that there are a good number of the Secret Objective cards to really add some variety. I liked the Watchmen mechanics but you definitely get a feel for some of the challenges after a while. The contribute system sounds great as well. I am assuming it follows the Watchmen lead of contributing on your turn and then beating once completed (I did not see a cost on the Crisis card like the Watchmen Challenges). A good shift from the regular To Beat that I think will keep the flow of the game going and make people feel those sacrifices more. It also means there are most likely going to be some tough and specific Crisis card requirements...YAY!

I also love what was shown with Lex Luthor's Crisis ability. I think that is a great way to reward players who own the other Crisis sets. I can't wait to see what happens with the other character's as well. The article gives some great info away while still keeping a lot close to the chest which is great. I am super stoked to see what tokens are in the set and how they will play with other main decks other than FE.

Matt_Hyra
02-22-2016, 11:14 PM
I am assuming it follows the Watchmen lead of contributing on your turn and then beating once completed (I did not see a cost on the Crisis card like the Watchmen Challenges).

Yes. Contribute from your hand during your turn whether or not there are Villains in the Line-Up. Check contributions when there are no Villains in LU. No Power needed To Beat them like in Watchmen, as you have S-Vs to use Power on. WM Challenges had cost, as there were no Super-Villains. But we still wanted people to have to amass some Power.

rebelrey7248
02-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Yeah, holy crap this set looks awesome! Can't wait! Seriously! Begging for preorder!

insightfulstrike
02-23-2016, 06:41 AM
Is Captain Cold in this set?

I assume we are getting Leonard Snart in the Flash set as a Supervillian to fight.

Cyninja1
02-23-2016, 07:09 AM
Can you spoil the remaining Suicide Squad over size Super Villains with their abilities? The suspense is killing me!!!

BenJazz
02-23-2016, 07:58 AM
I am still waiting for the product page and Pre-Order... I don't know why but I get great satisfaction seeing the product page knowing it is "official".

StormKing
02-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Captain Cold is not in this set.

BenJazz
02-23-2016, 08:37 AM
I did have a follow-up question: The blog states that "With this slight reduction of main deck cards, Full Co-Op uses 1 fewer Crisis and S-V". Does that mean that the pack comes with only 12 S-V's and 14 Crisis cards? (I am basing this off of the 1st Crisis and the understanding that Crisis 2 had the extra 2 S-V's due to the Crisis cards that required them.)

SpiritDetective
02-23-2016, 10:13 AM
I love that the cover of Justice League Volume 5 is the box art.

Matt_Hyra
02-23-2016, 11:34 AM
I did have a follow-up question: The blog states that "With this slight reduction of main deck cards, Full Co-Op uses 1 fewer Crisis and S-V". Does that mean that the pack comes with only 12 S-V's and 14 Crisis cards? (I am basing this off of the 1st Crisis and the understanding that Crisis 2 had the extra 2 S-V's due to the Crisis cards that required them.)

Crisis 3 still has 14 Impossible Super-Villains and 15 Crisis cards. We want to make sure you have lots of variation from game to game.

BenJazz
02-23-2016, 12:29 PM
Great to hear. Does that mean there are 18 new main deck cards then?

(14 I-M S-V, 15 Crisis cards, 9 Secret Objectives and 18 main deck cards for a total of 56 standard cards)

Carthain
02-23-2016, 01:10 PM
We want to make sure you have lots of variation from game to game.
That is a significant reason (for me) to love this series of games. All interchangable, creating a myriad set of combinations, and thus experiences, available when playing :)

The quick setup/tear-down is a nice bonus too.

Matt_Hyra
02-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Great to hear. Does that mean there are 18 new main deck cards then?

(14 I-M S-V, 15 Crisis cards, 9 Secret Objectives and 18 main deck cards for a total of 56 standard cards)

You are good at math. :cool:

SpiritDetective
02-23-2016, 03:02 PM
I am still waiting for the product page and Pre-Order... I don't know why but I get great satisfaction seeing the product page knowing it is "official".

Same here. I just don't trust third party retailers when it comes to new releases.

Matt_Hyra
02-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Pre-order page just went up today.

http://store.cryptozoic.com/product-p/dccrisis3_game.htm

Stryyder
02-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Can you spoil the remaining Suicide Squad over size Super Villains with their abilities? The suspense is killing me!!!

Well, 3 more of them have been revealed on the preorder page, though without their abilities. Deadshot, Killer Frost and Poison Ivy confirmed.

UNO MAS!

midnight_rider
02-23-2016, 06:00 PM
I think I see Cheetah on the side of the box, too.

King Shark
Captain Boomerang
Deadshot
Killer Frost
Poison Ivy
Cheetah... ?

StormKing
02-23-2016, 07:15 PM

King Shark
Captain Boomerang
Deadshot
Killer Frost
Poison Ivy
Cheetah... ?

Ding ding ding.

rebelrey7248
02-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Awesome! Preorder complete! And now the agonizing wait begins...

StormKing
02-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Awesome! Preorder complete! And now the agonizing wait begins...

It's easily the best expansion yet, so, hang in there!

rebelrey7248
02-23-2016, 07:55 PM
I've had trouble getting my wife into the Forever Evil set, because she enjoys the cooperative aspects of the game more than the competitive. I like the play style of FE, and how it brings a pretty cool story from the comics to the game. We've been eagerly waiting for the release of crisis 3, so that the FE stuff can be used in a way she'll be wanting to play. Plus, I'm guessing there's a Crisis Harley Quinn, which she's probably going to steal the first game.

StormKing
02-23-2016, 09:10 PM
I've had trouble getting my wife into the Forever Evil set, because she enjoys the cooperative aspects of the game more than the competitive. I like the play style of FE, and how it brings a pretty cool story from the comics to the game. We've been eagerly waiting for the release of crisis 3, so that the FE stuff can be used in a way she'll be wanting to play. Plus, I'm guessing there's a Crisis Harley Quinn, which she's probably going to steal the first game.

Yep! There are Crisis versions of all the original 7+Bane. :)

Harley Quinn was a favorite with test groups.

aoineko
02-23-2016, 10:14 PM

Crisis Harley was my favorite Crisis Oversized in testing.

Mac_Apple
02-24-2016, 09:11 AM
Crisis Harley was my favorite Crisis Oversized in testing.I can't wait for her. I hope she somehow enjoys buying useless/semi-useless cards and 'throwing' them somewhere. (Insanity, Cold Gun, Pandora's Box, etc)

Gah I wish I could have been involved in development!!! :p

insightfulstrike
02-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Any idea when Amazon will have it up? I have Prime, so I save a bunch on shipping.

julio
02-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Pre-ordered! www.coolstuffinc.com. Shipping to Spain is very expensive, but impossible to find it here.

Stryyder
02-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Ding ding ding.

So not only have they addressed fan criticism on game length for Crisis, but the other common outcry that players want more playable female characters, 50/50 on the new 6. (b'.')b

StormKing
02-24-2016, 11:34 AM
So not only have they addressed fan criticism on game length for Crisis, but the other common outcry that players want more playable female characters, 50/50 on the new 6. (b'.')b

I've been one of the people wanting more female characters since the beginning. ;)

insightfulstrike
02-24-2016, 11:45 AM
I've been one of the people wanting more female characters since the beginning. ;)

Is it possible for a Birds of Prey crossover pack (I know it's a bit off topic, but worth the risk asking)?

Matt_Hyra
02-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Is it possible for a Birds of Prey crossover pack (I know it's a bit off topic, but worth the risk asking)?

Actually it's very off topic. :rolleyes: So I'll just say probaybe someday...

LexLuthorJr
02-24-2016, 01:54 PM

King Shark
Captain Boomerang
Deadshot
Killer Frost
Poison Ivy
Cheetah... ?

Also looks like The Outsider is the first Super Villain to face.

BTW - Too early for rules questions?

aoineko
02-24-2016, 02:00 PM
BTW - Too early for rules questions?

What rules questions are there already?

StormKing
02-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Probably should wait until the game comes out and you can read the rulebook before asking rules questions. :P

BenJazz
02-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Probably should wait until the game comes out and you can read the rulebook before asking rules questions. :P

But I want answers to my "easily answered by the rulebook" questions NOW! :o

Matt_Hyra
02-24-2016, 04:40 PM
Here are the SCC's straight from the rulebook on the cards found in the preview. Not all cards have SCCs.

Crisis Lex Luthor: Each oversized character in front of a player is a separate entity, and the Lex player will be able to utilize each of them during the game. Playing a card that gives you an oversized character’s ability gives you only one of the abilities in front of the Lex player.

(Relating to King Shark, and others): Several Super-Villains have VP payment abilities. Some are written in bold type with a colon (“Pay 2 VPs:”). These may be used multiple times during your turn, as long as you have the VPs to spend. Others say they may only be used once per turn and don’t have a colon. VP abilities may only be used during your turn, unless it states otherwise or responds to an effect (Crisis Harley Quinn and Crisis Sinestro).

This World is Ours: A Villain that you buy or gain from the Line-Up will trigger this, even if the Villain is immediately destroyed in Crisis Mode.

Traitor!: You want the main deck to run out... eventually. Be careful about being too obvious, as there are attacks that can target a single player and you will be that target every time. If the final Super-Villain is defeated, you can’t win.

Winner Among Thieves: Each player will need to count their victory points at the end of the game, but only you can achieve this Hidden Objective.

aoineko
02-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Nice little teaser in those rule entries.

BenJazz
02-24-2016, 08:32 PM
Winner Among Thieves: Each player will need to count their victory points at the end of the game, but only you can achieve this Hidden Objective.

This is total VP not just VP tokens, correct?

StormKing
02-24-2016, 08:57 PM
This is total VP not just VP tokens, correct?

Right. A player with Winner Among Thieves plays the CRISIS game as though it's a competitive game. They still need to beat the final boss but their main concern is Victory Points.

LexLuthorJr
02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
(Relating to King Shark, and others): Several Super-Villains have VP payment abilities. Some are written in bold type with a colon (“Pay 2 VPs:”). These may be used multiple times during your turn, as long as you have the VPs to spend. Others say they may only be used once per turn and don’t have a colon. VP abilities may only be used during your turn, unless it states otherwise or responds to an effect (Crisis Harley Quinn and Crisis Sinestro).

That did cover some of my main questions, thanks.

rebelrey7248
03-01-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm wondering what the "kill your hero and deck" and main deck eater (demonic summoning/countdown) this crisis will have. Played the other night and went through about 60% of the main deck before getting our sets of sixes, on our third villain(spoiler alert: we lost). I actually like those types of crises, just because they seem to really put the panic into the game.

BenJazz
03-01-2016, 02:31 PM
I would actually find it hilarious with the destruction theme of Forever Evil if they made a Crisis that put destroyed starters back into peoples decks... ;) There are 2 locations dedicated to getting rid of starters that it could definitely play into the set well.

rebelrey7248
03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Considering the source material, I'd imagine the hero killer crisis would have something to do either with Pandora's Box or the Grid takeover. Would be funny if one was all about weaknesses(green cards being kryptonite) being stockpiled to fuel Ultraman's needs.

Mac_Apple
03-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Captain Cold is not in this set.That beautiful wording.

Considering 'Unnamed Villain Crossover Pack' is in the works.

BenJazz
03-01-2016, 10:09 PM
That beautiful wording.

Considering 'Unnamed Villain Crossover Pack' is in the works.

Considering the Unnamed Villain Crossover Pack has now been announced as The Rogues...

SpiritDetective
03-03-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm wondering what the "kill your hero and deck" and main deck eater (demonic summoning/countdown) this crisis will have. Played the other night and went through about 60% of the main deck before getting our sets of sixes, on our third villain(spoiler alert: we lost). I actually like those types of crises, just because they seem to really put the panic into the game.

My group ran into the unfortunate situation last night of a Crisis that caused the lineup to get too big and the next Crisis forcing you to clear the lineup. It would have taken 50+ power to clear the lineup. We were done.