PDA

View Full Version : DC Comics DBG Tournament in Maitland, FL (Orlando area) Sunday Sept. 13th 2015!!!

N-Finite
08-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Sunday, September 13th at Cool Stuff Games in Mai
Registration 11:00 am Starts at 12:00 pm

4 rounds of swiss w/ top 4 players play it out in top cut
$5 Entry
Please Bring your copy of the first DC Deck Building Game if you have one! Thanks!
Feel free to invite other players!

Here is the Facebook event page. Feel free to post your interest.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1449880452008093/

Prize support break down is as follows:
1st place- Deck building game of their choice
2nd place- 2 crossover packs of their choice
3rd & 4th place- 1 crossover packs of their choice

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE & POINTS:

- 4 Round Pod Tournament with a cut to Top 4 or 8 based on number of players
- Round Time: 45 Minutes
- 3 to 4 Player Pods

Players are expected to play at a fast pace and will be warned if playing too slow.

At the end of Round time, play continues until each player has had the same number of turns.

Players will earn points at game end in the following order according to how many VP (Victory Points) they have accumulated:

1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 2 points
4th: 2 points

Tiebreakers

If points are tied in VP, the game moves to Tiebreaker #1 and a Tiebreaker #2 to determine 1st - 4th placement.
The tiebreakers are:

Tiebreaker #1: Most Super-Villains defeated at rounds end
Tiebreaker #2: Most cards in your deck at rounds end

At the end of the last round, Top Cuts are decided by the highest total of points accumulated from each round. Tiebreakers for Top Cut are decided by whoever defeated the most Super-Villains defeated throughout the tournament.

Top Cut

TOP 8
If the top cut for this event will be Top 8, the players will be placed as follows:
Table #1: 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th
Table #2: 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th
Only the top 2 players from each table will move on to the Top 4, where a winner will be determined.

TOP 4
Only the top 4 players with the best records from the Pod style tournament will move on to Top 4

Game Format
The Format for each Round will be the DC Comics Deck Building Game base set

Characters

All Characters from the DC Comics Deck Building Game base set, including promo Martian Manhunter

Players will be dealt 2 Super-Hero cards face down at the beginning of the game. They will choose 1 of those to use for the game. Once all Super-Heroes have been chosen, each Player will reveal which Super-Hero they are using.

Specific Rules

Buying
Once a Player has moved a card to their Discard Pile from the Line-up and they are no longer physically touching the card, then the Buy is final.

Ending your turn
Once a Player has announced they are done with their turn, then their turn is over. Any player taking their turn early will be considered cheating.

Contact Cory Goff for further details.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cory.goff
Email: corygoff@hotmail.com

MStreva89
08-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Looks pretty dope, shame I can't make it to Orlando.

Also, totally just realized I met you once a Pokemon tournament in South Florida Cory. Long time ago, you were playing Uxie-ruption at Tate's.

N-Finite
08-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Looks pretty dope, shame I can't make it to Orlando.

Also, totally just realized I met you once a Pokemon tournament in South Florida Cory. Long time ago, you were playing Uxie-ruption at Tate's.

Add me as a Facebook friend MStreva89

GamerGurlAR88
08-21-2015, 08:13 AM
Uxieruption and not uxie-donk?

This tournament would be right up my alley but I am up in Wisconsin XD

N-Finite
08-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Here in Florida, it started off here as Uxieruption.

AaronH
08-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Some friends and I might be able to make it to this. Just some quick clarification about prizes, though: Does first place get to choose from any deck builder the store has, or is it limited to Cryptozoic's deck builders (which is the impression I got)?

As a side-note, your facebook page isn't working.

N-Finite
08-29-2015, 04:20 PM
It's limited to the Cryptozoic deck builders.
Anyone can facebook message me under Cory Goff (located in Orlando, FL).

Robertbrowne
09-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Woot

N-Finite
09-15-2015, 10:08 AM
I just want to thank all 21 players for coming out to the event this past Sunday! Congrats to Robert E. for taking first place! Also a huge thanks to the Cryptozoic team for the support! Hopefully we can do this again Oct 25th.

SpiritDetective
09-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Are there any photos from the event?

Thanks!

N-Finite
09-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Not many, but here's what I had. Cool Stuff Games took more. I have to find out where they posted those. I will take more pictures next time around (Oct 25th possibly another event!)

StormKing
09-19-2015, 01:38 AM
Not many, but here's what I had. Cool Stuff Games took more. I have to find out where they posted those. I will take more pictures next time around (Oct 25th possibly another event!)

Is that hidden? Can't see anything. ^_^;;