PDA

View Full Version : Crossover Pack Concepts Thread

Mac_Apple
08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Crossover Packs are awesome, and I hope to see them delve into numerous different facets of the DC Universe.

I was thinking, Crypto should make a Crossover Pack that is kind of like Unglued and Unhinged in Magic, that's just full of weird shit that's happened in the DC Universe. Or perhaps just make it an entire Bizarro set, full of cards that are intentionally made to suck or be really weird (but that are still fun to play). And make the wording wonky and backwards.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130621164721/marvel_dc/images/8/8b/Bizarro_Justice_League_001.jpg

Bizarro #1! - If me not play Super Power, me not destroy card card in hand, but always Weakness. Me hate Weakness.

Bizarro Flash - Me only draw 4 cards each turn, but me not add +1 Power each time me draw additional card.

And intentionally make the art bad. Yeaaaah.

etc, etc

What other Crossover Pack Concepts have people had?

GamerGurlAR88
08-21-2015, 11:42 PM
I was working and it came to me like a ton of bricks, a Bird of Prey crossover pack. An all female pack.

BenJazz
08-22-2015, 07:44 AM
I was working and it came to me like a ton of bricks, a Bird of Prey crossover pack. An all female pack.

That would be great. I think they have some of the BoP members already though with Black Canary and Batgirl in HU but they could still do Huntress, Catwoman, Ice, Katana, Lady Blackhawk and Vixen (also Barb as Oracle would be great to make up for Batgirl being not so good of a S-H in HU). I would say put Big Barda in here but I am still hoping for a 4th World/New Gods crossover for the future and hopefully we get Poison Ivy in the yet-to-be-determined villains Crossover pack.

Mac_Apple
08-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Haha. Why did I post this at almost 3 AM? "Corssover".

I definitely want to see Oracle and Catwoman as Oversized, but It's probably not going to happen, at least not Oracle.

I'd like to see a Red Hood and the Outlaws crossover pack eventually. Or at least a Red Hood hero. We don't need more Starfires lol

Pic related.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq21/DDHyuugaman/DC/Oracle_1.png

DIsForDoom
08-30-2015, 05:45 PM
In regards to what I'd like to see there is the Injustice League, Earth-3, Superman's Reign, and Batman Beyond.

As for a joking light hearted crossover pack idea I would like to see Super Friends.

GuruGuru214
08-30-2015, 08:40 PM
Wasn't a lot of Earth-3 represented in Forever Evil, though?

Since the Crossover packs have broken the comics boundary and gone into other media, and since you mentioned Super Friends (which would be silly and super fun), I'd like to see packs based on animated series. Anything Bruce Timm would be great, though we do have a lot of Batman, and Justice League would be a bit redundant. I'd say that the Teen Titans animated series would also be nice, but Teen Titans Go! would more likely be the allowed license, and that wouldn't work at all. Maybe a Young Justice pack?

DIsForDoom
08-30-2015, 10:01 PM
There was a lot of Earth-3 in FE but I really enjoy the Multiverse stuff if it's not obvious in my list of what I'd like to see. As well it'd make for an interesting set of OS cards regardless of if you went with heroes (Duela Dent, The Jokester) or villains (Superwoman, Owlman). The alternate art and powers of the Earth-9 heroes from Superman's Reign would be awesome. As well Batman Beyond is its own world now while it also represents the media other than just comics aspect. I would like Young Justice too but I doubt that they'd get the okay from Warner Bros to use the shows over the comics. I could be wrong on that last point though.

I would be interested to know what the development team is hoping to get to work on.

aoineko
08-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Maybe a Young Justice pack?

Seconded!

GuruGuru214
08-31-2015, 01:30 AM
There was a lot of Earth-3 in FE but I really enjoy the Multiverse stuff if it's not obvious in my list of what I'd like to see. As well it'd make for an interesting set of OS cards regardless of if you went with heroes (Duela Dent, The Jokester) or villains (Superwoman, Owlman).

Good point.

Seconded!

Heh, awesome.

Dreris
08-31-2015, 04:55 AM
Doom Patrol and Metal Men would be perfect for crossover packs

Just saying LOL

SpiritDetective
08-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Seconded!

Being able to play as Aqualad, Miss Martian, and Artemis would be fun.

DIsForDoom
08-31-2015, 03:31 PM
I would actually love to see Metal Men. As for Young Justice I would like to get Aqualad.
Also just throwing it out there, Ambush Bug promo cards should be a thing.

IAmTheGreat
08-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Seconded!

Thirded

midnight_rider
08-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Birds of Prey, Jonah Hex Western themed pack, GL corpse, and a special pack with global event type cards for competitive play.

R2dug2
09-04-2015, 06:34 AM
My dream Crossover pack would feature the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans. The art would have to only feature George Perez' renditions. The playable Heroes would all have Crisis abilities, as this team really cared for each other. Also, one Hero would HAVE to be Donna Troy.

SpiritDetective
09-04-2015, 11:17 AM
I'd like a Smallville crossover pack. You had a wealth of characters: Clark Kent, Green Arrow, Impusle, Aquaman, Cyborg, etc. I know they did the trading cards so I'm hoping that would help with the likeness rights, etc.

Arrojacast
10-14-2015, 08:33 PM
The Overly Batman Crossover pack idea pack:
Arkham Pack (based on the Video game series)
Dark Knight Pack (based on the Chris Nolan films)
Knightfall Pack (based on the story arc of that name)
Bat-verse (the most overly-Batman of the ideas, it would be based on iterations of Batman through the multiverse.)
All of the above would be cool (as would Bruce Timm material, but that was already suggested...), but I doubt they will happen for two reasons, 1:We already have a Bat Bias in the sets, and 2:Like I said, these sets are a little overly Batman....but hey, Arrow and Flash get their own sets!

marcnelsonjr
10-15-2015, 09:43 PM

That would make my daughter very happy!

A "hipster" Batgirl set would be another neat choice.

StormKing
10-16-2015, 02:34 AM
That would make my daughter very happy!

A "hipster" Batgirl set would be another neat choice.

I would love a playable Batgirl of Burnside.

SpiritDetective
10-16-2015, 09:32 AM
DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Come on Captain Cold Oversized!

StormKing
10-16-2015, 03:12 PM
DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Come on Captain Cold Oversized!

With all those other Heroes, though? I just don't know if teamwork is his thing.

Mac_Apple
10-16-2015, 05:17 PM
With all those other Heroes, though? I just don't know if teamwork is his thing.He's been on the Suicide Squad, so there's opportunity there. Also the unnamed Villain crossover pack that I hope isn't themed and just has more villains... (Lobo, Larry, and Atrocitus!)

aoineko
10-17-2015, 12:45 AM
He's been on the Suicide Squad, so there's opportunity there. Also the unnamed Villain crossover pack that I hope isn't themed and just has more villains... (Lobo, Larry, and Atrocitus!)

Oh, it's heavily themed.

Mac_Apple
10-18-2015, 12:49 AM
Oh, it's heavily themed.That has me wary....

If it's 'Villains of Batman', I officially give up on the DC fan base lol

aoineko
10-18-2015, 10:41 AM
That has me wary....

If it's 'Villains of Batman', I officially give up on the DC fan base lol

There are no members of Batman's Rogues Gallery in the set.

SpiritDetective
10-21-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm thinking

Flash Rogues Gallery

or

Crime Syndicate of Earth 3

LexLuthorJr
10-22-2015, 10:05 AM
There are no members of Batman's Rogues Gallery in the set.

Heh. So if we guess right will you tell us?

aoineko
10-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Heh. So if we guess right will you tell us?

I won't. Maybe you can convince Matt. :p I'm super excited for this segment of the DCU that we haven't expanded on much.

Mac_Apple
10-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Matttttt! We wanna knooooow!!!!

Arrojacast
10-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Hang on, I forgot Gotham...maybe that would be the best option for a cross over pack that was Batman related cross over pack, sense it is not strictly Batman...but as for totally unBatman, how about a Superman crossover pack, by which I mean Death of Superman! Cyborg supes, Steel, Eradicator, Super Boy and Super Girl could be the heroes, or maybe Cyborg Supes could be the final villain in which cause idk who the 6th hero would be, but it would be a really thematic set if done right, and would make me as happy as that story arc did. Is it bad that my favorite thing about supes is his death?

LexLuthorJr
10-23-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm really hoping it has something to do with the Fourth World. New Gods and Dakseid's Elite need some support.

MyLittlePonyKeg
11-13-2015, 06:57 AM
Dark Knight Returns
Classic Titans
Arrow tv 2
Flash tv
Legends of Tomorrow tv; featuring Constantine
Stormwatch/The Authority
Flash Point Paradox

SpiritDetective
11-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Darkseid War!

LexLuthorJr
11-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Flash tv

They are making this.

chris_morgan
11-16-2015, 11:25 AM
here is my wish list(of course 1 or 2 should or is already in the works)...

Smallville(I would also include Lois & Clark as a separate Crossover pack)
DC Legends Of Tomorrow
The Flash(both TV Series were great and crossover packs about them both would be fun)
Supergirl
Wonder Woman(Yes the show was in the 70's but still a good show)
Batman(The old Adam West series would be great addition)
DC Animated(Any or all forms really would be cool but especially Super Friends and Bruce Timm stuff)
Man Of Steel/Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice(I love the Man Of Steel Movie just not sure if there is enough from just that for a set)
Nolan Batman Films
Batman/Batman Returns
Supeman(Christopher Reeves films maybe even some stuff from Returns)
Death and Return of Superman
Flashpoint
Knightfall
Killing Joke
Green Lantern(I know I am in the minority of people that really liked the film)

There are a lot of other story arcs and such, but if they can get the liscense I think another cool thing for a stand alone set or crossover is Sky High and Zoom(Just saying I think they would be cool additions)

StormKing
11-16-2015, 08:55 PM

DC Legends Of Tomorrow
The Flash(both TV Series were great and crossover packs about them both would be fun)
Supergirl
DC Animated(Any or all forms really would be cool but especially Super Friends and Bruce Timm stuff)
Man Of Steel/Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice(I love the Man Of Steel Movie just not sure if there is enough from just that for a set)
Nolan Batman Films
Batman/Batman Returns
Flashpoint
Knightfall
Killing Joke

There are a lot of other story arcs and such, but if they can get the liscense I think another cool thing for a stand alone set or crossover is Sky High and Zoom(Just saying I think they would be cool additions)

Sky High, like, the 10 year old Disney movie? Danielle Panabaker from The Flash was in that, you could pretend you're playing Sky High.

SpiritDetective
11-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Sky High, like, the 10 year old Disney movie? Danielle Panabaker from The Flash was in that, you could pretend you're playing Sky High.

So there is a Caitlin Snow card in the Flash crossover pack?

StormKing
11-17-2015, 04:28 PM
So there is a Caitlin Snow card in the Flash crossover pack?

I dunno!

LexLuthorJr
11-18-2015, 08:58 AM

DC Legends Of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Nolan Batman Films
Batman/Batman Returns
Flashpoint
Knightfall
Killing Joke

Wish list? Looks like you're saying "I'll take anything, really!" Ha!

SpiritDetective
12-16-2015, 03:01 PM
With all those other Heroes, though? I just don't know if teamwork is his thing.

How can we have sweet posters of the characters from Legends of Tomorrow and not have them immortalized in a crossover pack?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/look-legends-of-tomorrow-cast-prepares-for-takeoff-in-new-character-posters

Damian_Magecraft
12-17-2015, 12:32 AM

DC Legends Of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Nolan Batman Films
Batman/Batman Returns
Flashpoint
Knightfall
Killing Joke

Flashpoint should be part of a Crisis Pack imo...

MyLittlePonyKeg
01-11-2016, 12:53 PM
I know Bats gets a lot of love with a rivals pack and a Bats vs Supes rivals pack on the way but I'd love to see Arkhamverse, Dark Knight Returns and a Michael Keaton/Tim Burton pack.

Justice League 3000 is to good to not have a crossover pack.

rebelrey7248
01-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Earth 2 (comics version) would be a fun setting. Could have it themed with all the Darkseid crew and the countdown towards the planet's destruction. Add in rescued survivors (an excuse to use the FE victory point tokens). Use Hawkgirl, Jay Garrick Flash, Dr. Fate, etc., as oversized heroes, and have Darkseid's people as the villains. Could even have some Crisis aspects to it.

StormKing
01-13-2016, 02:01 AM
Earth 2 (comics version) would be a fun setting. Could have it themed with all the Darkseid crew and the countdown towards the planet's destruction. Add in rescued survivors (an excuse to use the FE victory point tokens). Use Hawkgirl, Jay Garrick Flash, Dr. Fate, etc., as oversized heroes, and have Darkseid's people as the villains. Could even have some Crisis aspects to it.

Have you checked out the JSA pack featuring Earth 2 heroes such as Jay Garrick and Dr Fate?

insightfulstrike
01-13-2016, 11:21 AM
What about a "What If" pack, like Red Sun Superman?

aoineko
01-13-2016, 12:40 PM

Would love to do more Earth-2 stuff. One of my favorite New52 comics!

midnight_rider
01-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Would love to do more Earth-2 stuff. One of my favorite New52 comics!

Bat Dad!

rebelrey7248
01-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Haven't gotten a chance to play the JSA pack, no. I know that technically, they're the "same" characters as the Earth 2 team, but the uniqueness of the New 52 versions is what gets me. That, and the overall theme of despair and utter hopelessness.

rebelrey7248
01-14-2016, 06:29 PM
Future's End would be neat to explore as well. Red Son, Multiversity, Zero Hour, Knightfall. Where are the Metal Men? Maybe the setting that's cartoon based, with the rabbit "Superman" and the speedster turtle(can't remember the name of it, but it was cool to read in Convergence).

CinnamonFarts
01-15-2016, 06:55 PM
Would love to see a IZombie crossover pack!

DimeDrl
01-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Justice League 3000 is to good to not have a crossover pack.

It should be a full set. It's got enough content to create a full deck of cards. A crossover set for JL3K would just be skimming the surface of what the future of the DCU has to offer.

And the Crisis mode set for it would just be @_@

And think of how well a full set could mix with the Legion crossover set. *drool*

MyLittlePonyKeg
01-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Bat Dad!
Flashpoint BatDad > Earth-2 BatDad

It should be a full set. It's got enough content to create a full deck of cards. A crossover set for JL3K would just be skimming the surface of what the future of the DCU has to offer.

And the Crisis mode set for it would just be @_@

And think of how well a full set could mix with the Legion crossover set. *drool*

Watch us get "Gal Gardner" before Guy Gardner.