PDA

View Full Version : Where can I obtain starfire and Martian Manhunter (reasonably)?

matos614
08-25-2015, 04:03 AM
I was late to the game but am still looking to get the Martian Manhunter and starfire promos. I know they are no longer on BGG and wasn't looking to pay the huge ammounts on eBay (I think Manhunter is listed as 25+). Is a comic book convention a good way to find these promos or not really? If not, are there any other places I might look?

Thanks

GamerGurlAR88
08-25-2015, 07:02 AM
You may have to just bite the bulliet if you really want them.

matos614
08-25-2015, 07:08 AM
I think biting the bullet for starfire (who is like 8 bucks or so) in fine... But the Martian is 25+, I don't think I want to do that... I was wondering if they are found cheaper (or even w/o shipping) at a comic convention or something

N-Finite
08-25-2015, 07:09 AM
Board Game Geek store sells them for $2.50 when made available. Here's the link:

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/

matos614
08-25-2015, 07:29 AM
Thanks :) Yeah I got Felix faust that way, but I think starfire and Martian Manhunter may never be back :(

SpiritDetective
08-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks :) Yeah I got Felix faust that way, but I think starfire and Martian Manhunter may never be back :(

Yeah, it's a bummer since I just got into DC Deck Building this summer.

I can't justify spending 33+ on two cards when I can get another set that has 200.

Skinner
08-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Good news everyone!

We received some boxes of promos from one of our distributors and finished sorting through them this morning (you should see my desk, literally thousands of individually wrapped cards everywhere!). Most of them were older, non-DC promos, but we did manage to dig up a couple hundred more copies of Martian Manhunter! I'm going to get them sent over to BGG to be added to their next store update, which I'm told should be shortly after Labor Day.

I know it's not too many and they will likely sell out quick, but hopefully some of you newer players can get your hands on a copy at the BGG price instead of the secondary market. :)

PS, we're still digging through some old things and getting a re-inventory on stuff at our distributors since we just underwent a major change in our distribution system, so if (big if, I think we have most everything accounted for) anything else turns up we'll be sure to post about it here on the forums when we send them over to BGG.

Thanks everyone!

SpiritDetective
08-25-2015, 01:29 PM
That's so good to hear. Now, I'll be checking the BGG store daily for updates. :D

TPlush
08-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Were there any for the LotR deck builders in there?

Matt_Hyra
08-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Were there any for the LotR deck builders in there?

There are already 5 of 6 on the BGG store. And Faramir (6/6) will be there soon. http://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?q=cryptozoic

SpiritDetective
08-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Good news everyone!

We received some boxes of promos from one of our distributors and finished sorting through them this morning (you should see my desk, literally thousands of individually wrapped cards everywhere!). Most of them were older, non-DC promos, but we did manage to dig up a couple hundred more copies of Martian Manhunter! I'm going to get them sent over to BGG to be added to their next store update, which I'm told should be shortly after Labor Day.

I know it's not too many and they will likely sell out quick, but hopefully some of you newer players can get your hands on a copy at the BGG price instead of the secondary market. :)

PS, we're still digging through some old things and getting a re-inventory on stuff at our distributors since we just underwent a major change in our distribution system, so if (big if, I think we have most everything accounted for) anything else turns up we'll be sure to post about it here on the forums when we send them over to BGG.

Thanks everyone!

How long do you think Martian Manhunter will last before it sells out on the BGG store?

5 hours?

Skinner
08-29-2015, 12:23 AM
I wish I could gauge it for you guys. I know it will go fast, and hopefully the 200 I sent them will survive a couple days at least.

matos614
08-29-2015, 09:22 AM
I actually found a store when I was traveling on business than had an extra Manhunter and starfire.... So at least that's 1 more Manhunter for someone else to get.

Do0shebag55
09-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Docks, MM, and Joker all on BGG tonight.

Best of luck to you all looking for them

SpiritDetective
09-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Docks, MM, and Joker all on BGG tonight.

Best of luck to you all looking for them

Got em.

The4gotNdeath
09-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Got em.
Just got my docks. Now the only promo i need is starfire and and skitter

Kitsich
09-14-2015, 12:36 PM
I was late to the game too.
How to get the LotR deck builders?

Matt_Hyra
09-14-2015, 03:06 PM
I was late to the game too.
How to get the LotR deck builders?

The BGG E-store has the LOTR promos. Faramir should be up now. Not sure why it is not. They have it.

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?q=cryptozoic

SpiritDetective
09-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Just got my docks. Now the only promo i need is starfire and and skitter

Starfire is down to $9.99 on ebay.

I'm still holding out hope that they find more Starfires and they make their way to the BGG store.

R2dug2
09-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks for this post!! I was able to get Felix Faust, Gotham Docks and Martian Manhunter!!