PDA

View Full Version : ESL Hosting the HEX Beta Cup

Phenteo
09-04-2015, 02:13 PM
The ESL team has done an excellent job with the HEX Kick-Off tournaments. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community they’ve made a few changes and are ready to announce the next step, the HEX Beta Cup.

Read more about the tournament (https://www.hextcg.com/esl-hex-beta-cup/)!

McCloud68
09-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Was this the Friday Update?

Edswor
09-04-2015, 02:21 PM
I don`'t think so. This post does not have the "HEX Update" in the title so this is (I hope ;) ) other news.

McCloud68
09-04-2015, 02:24 PM
I agree, because there has been mention of a video on Twitter today by Phenteo and hackyChannel, so am hoping for something more.

Elwinz
09-04-2015, 02:26 PM
WE demand answer why EU players havbe been scrwed up. I dont know a singl eperosn who wanted to play ESL exactly at the same time as Stress test and five shards cup at saturday. Yet it got changed due toi "feedback". I want to hear more abuit that.

Now either tomorws ESL will be comepltly scrwed with lacllusters attendance or your stress test will have less data.

Chark
09-04-2015, 02:44 PM
WE demand answer why EU players havbe been scrwed up. I dont know a singl eperosn who wanted to play ESL exactly at the same time as Stress test and five shards cup at saturday. Yet it got changed due toi "feedback". I want to hear more abuit that.

Now either tomorws ESL will be comepltly scrwed with lacllusters attendance or your stress test will have less data.

The stress test tournament is a one time thing. ESL tournaments are ongoing through the end of December. They wanted to move this due to the availability of volunteers running these tournaments. As soon as we get more community members interested in helping run these tournaments, I am sure they would be open to moving it to whatever the EU community decides is a best time for everyone.

Graydeath
09-04-2015, 02:57 PM
The stress test tournament is a one time thing. ESL tournaments are ongoing through the end of December. They wanted to move this due to the availability of volunteers running these tournaments. As soon as we get more community members interested in helping run these tournaments, I am sure they would be open to moving it to whatever the EU community decides is a best time for everyone.

This week is the steress turnament, next five shard cup and so on... tehre are a lot of thing running on saturday and are all more interesting of ESL... I was a big supporter of ESL, but this change is real a backstab that damage most of us in EU.

Yoss
09-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Sounds like they need more ESL volunteers to run the tournament. If you step up, then you can help host the tournament at whatever time you like. :)

Kroan
09-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Sounds like they need more ESL volunteers to run the tournament. If you step up, then you can help host the tournament at whatever time you like. :)

If you step up, you can't play in them. Which defeats his whole point (which is that he wants to play on a different day.

Voormas
09-04-2015, 04:11 PM
I think this is really cool and hope it can get more people streaming / commentating / etc

Too bad the available options for my timezone are 3am on a Sunday or 9am on a Monday...

benczi
09-04-2015, 07:06 PM

It's funny to see how someone can get so pissed over nothing. Having these tournaments is great news!

I personally prefer to play Sunday during the day instead of Friday or Saturday night.

Yoss
09-04-2015, 08:06 PM
If you step up, you can't play in them. Which defeats his whole point (which is that he wants to play on a different day.

I am not familiar with ESL nor the details of how these work, but if they're run by a mostly volunteer staff then someone needs to volunteer to help everyone else out. If everyone's selfish, no one wins. If there were enough volunteers, you'd only need to help with one event a month or even less and you'd be free to play in the others.

Reraver
09-05-2015, 01:04 AM
I'm confused, I can't seem to find any information about this being streamed anywhere, and I only really know of ESL for streaming esports. I got really hype, thinking it would be streamed with casters and stuff :[

Elwinz
09-05-2015, 01:42 AM
Its not getting pissed for nothing. EU is screwed while NA is not. It realy seems NA one is being taking taken care of while there is no one really for EU one ....

wolzarg
09-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Earlier it was because of player request now its because they lack volunteers? If there is something i don't take lightly it is being lied to so fine move it back to sundays and I'll volunteer.

Clearly a lot of people are very upset so its not a player request issue any more and they got a volunteer right here and i could probably get one or two more if that truly is the issue.

Chark
09-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Hey guys,

I was a bit hasty in my previous reply to the EU ESL community and I want to apologize for that. I didn't do due diligence on this issue and as a result painted the folks at ESL in a negative light with all of you. They are innocent bystanders in this whole moving of days controversy and don't deserve your wrath. I do.

Some fact that hopefully clarify things:

1. We asked ESL for the day change. The goal was to move the tournament away from 19.00 on a Sunday.
2. We are very happy with the ESL team and they've been nothing but accommodating to all of our needs.
3. It is true that they are looking for game experts to support their tournament efforts. If you want to volunteer to run some tournaments, you can reach out to them here: http://play.eslgaming.com/hexshardsoffate/europe/hex-sof/major/beta-cup-series/cup-1/support
4. We certainly want to listen to players feedback about the timing of the EU ESL tournaments.

Elwinz
09-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Before first turnament we thought the tunraments wil be lasting much longer and sunday 5pm seemed not as good but it turned out as a very good time ( turnament going from 5pm and finsihg around 9 pm is perfect). Current schedule at saturday 19 is just awful and almost unacceptable. You can see that by participation .. 46 poeple ... even money priuze dont bring players beause timing is bad.