PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Sounds Good to Me

Phenteo
09-04-2015, 04:16 PM
HEXers!

This week we are focusing on the free stress test tournament in the live client, how sound and audio are made for HEX, and the ESL tournament HEX Beta Cup series.

Join Todd as he explains the background behind the sound and bringing life into HEX: Shards of Fate.

Oh, and there might a sneak peek at some future PvE content!

Read more! (https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-sounds-good-to-me/ ‎)

WolfCrypt
09-04-2015, 04:31 PM
I love the sound effects of various cards. My favorites are Rotroot Enchanter and Emerleaf Duelist. I must admit while I'm a coyotle fan asthetically I've been enjoying the elves a lot more mechanically. Also love the Panorama.

Showsni
09-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Hey, that's not the release text on Duskwing Reclaimer!

Mejis
09-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Awesome update.

Absolutely stunning dwarf quarry, both visually and aurally. More! More!! :D

WolfCrypt
09-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Awesome update.

Absolutely stunning dwarf quarry, both visually and aurally. More! More!! :D

How do Panorama's work exactly? Will we see them every dungeon we enter? Can we click around?

Phenteo
09-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Hey, that's not the release text on Duskwing Reclaimer!

That was the card we were using when the sound was being created for the card. :D

WolfCrypt
09-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Can I have a clarifications on a sound effect?

BigDog
09-04-2015, 05:15 PM
The panorama worked waaaay better than I thought it would when I first heard about the concept

Phenteo
09-04-2015, 05:26 PM
The panorama worked waaaay better than I thought it would when I first heard about the concept

The shakiness is also meant to be earth-shake-ish... more will be optimized, this is early teaser. ;)

WolfCrypt
09-04-2015, 05:48 PM
I'm excited to see more Pan's.

Hey I was wondering can someone tell me what the heck is going on sound wise with Rotroot Enchanter?

Gorgol
09-04-2015, 05:59 PM
i loved the im a little teapot jingle in the dwarven quarry

Werlix
09-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Excited about the ESL cup :) Is it swiss format (how many rounds if so?) or single elim?

Yoss
09-04-2015, 07:07 PM
I appreciate the sound for those two cards so much more now. It would be amazing if there was a very brief (even just excel file) write up in the Lore section describing the sound of each card.

Example:
Duskwing Reclaimer, Track 1: Creature flying, Track 2: Knight screaming, Track 3: ...

And that panorama... my mouth is watering for PvE!

Chiany
09-04-2015, 10:04 PM
And when will be actually playing pve?

Time to start putting out!

Phenteo
09-04-2015, 10:29 PM
And when will be actually playing pve?

Time to start putting out!

You buying a nice dinner first? ;)

Salverus
09-05-2015, 01:19 AM
Why is the quarry empty? Did all dwarves die :O?

Edswor
09-05-2015, 01:20 AM
What they say in the auction house? I think they say sometime "bocata de boquerones" which is hilarious :) .

wolzarg
09-05-2015, 01:57 AM
Color me impressed I'm going to start playing with sound on for once. Last time i did that in game where sound wasn't relevant for gameplay was probably like 5 years ago, so hey good job.

WolfCrypt
09-05-2015, 02:02 AM
Was game around that long..?

morbidity
09-05-2015, 03:14 AM
Was game around that long..?

I suppose wolzarg was talking about games in general in which the sounds do not have any impact on the game itself, and not about HEX.

Mahes
09-05-2015, 06:13 AM
I still think AA cards should also come with Alternate sound files.

WolfCrypt
09-05-2015, 07:06 AM
I still think AA cards should also come with Alternate sound files.

Well theey do seem to tell a dif story.

Elysion
09-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Well theey do seem to tell a dif story.

All of the set 3 AA cards have their own unique sound file. We are also reviewing and improving all of the card sounds of set 1 and 2. So a lot of the sounds will get an upgrade including the AA cards. Our primary focus at this moment is on all of the PVE stuff.

WolfCrypt
09-05-2015, 09:10 PM
All of the set 3 AA cards have their own unique sound file. We are also reviewing and improving all of the card sounds of set 1 and 2. So a lot of the sounds will get an upgrade including the AA cards. Our primary focus at this moment is on all of the PVE stuff.

Oh wow that sounds exciting!

Counter
09-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Great work, thanks for sharing behind the scenes!

Hatefuly
09-06-2015, 06:05 AM
Good Morning all...whats about the stress test results ? i want to see which rank i am ;)

GrimNecromancy
09-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Any chance of a soundtrack release in the future? Y'know, auction house background audio, login theme, frost ring theme, future pve themes, etc?

Elysion
09-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Any chance of a soundtrack release in the future? Y'know, auction house background audio, login theme, frost ring theme, future pve themes, etc?

That's definitely something we would love to do in the future.

McCloud68
09-07-2015, 08:16 AM
When will stress test prizing be delivered?

Gwaer
09-07-2015, 10:27 AM
It's a holiday in the USA today. So probably not today? Maybe tomorrow?

Sixlooter
09-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Thanks for sharing this sound creation insight.

But man I so cannot wait for the PVE. It happened twice already, that I dreamed I was playing it...
So your chance to make dreams come true Hex ;)
I'd still volunteer for some early beta or even alpha testing. I am completely fine with shocking bugs and crashes, as long as it does not permanently delete my card library...

Cheers
Six

iSimeon
09-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Actually, sounds in Hex are not so good they are more or less a weak point. Effects and card sounds are lame and need a lot of rework. Ambient sounds too. So this guy is the main reason? Well...it doesn't sound good to me.

Elysion
09-09-2015, 02:08 AM
I am sorry you didn't like the audio for Hex. We have been working on the sounds since set 3 and we are planning to improve the audio of the previous sets in the future. We are also open for any suggestions/feedback from the community. So if you have any great ideas you want to share please let us know.

McCloud68
09-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Not many, if any for that matter, dTCG's have sound effects period. The fact that they have invested some serious time into doing so is amazing and I personally think the results so far enhance my fun and game play experiences. Considering he said they are working on set 1 and set 2 cards for the future, and I would imagine future sets as well, the future for this game and all the dynamics to it is certainly brighter than their competitors futures.

Phenteo
09-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Actually, sounds in Hex are not so good they are more or less a weak point. Effects and card sounds are lame and need a lot of rework. Ambient sounds too. So this guy is the main reason? Well...it doesn't sound good to me.

If you're referring to previous sets, the sound team hasn't been around that long and started with set 3 and working on some ambient sounds/music for the client. In future updates more sounds and music pieces will be updated for previous sets as well.

Sachan
09-11-2015, 03:53 PM
"i loved the im a little teapot jingle in the dwarven quarry" &
"Actually, sounds in Hex are not so good they are more or less a weak point. Effects and card sounds are lame and need a lot of rework. Ambient sounds too. So this guy is the main reason? Well...it doesn't sound good to me."

So that is what the chimes are playing - couldn't figure it out - I like it too! &
In general I find that the ones in Hex are better than the norm and I like the tunes etc as a feature - really admiring the work that's gone into them. Just wanted to comment on the spiderling's sounds and animation though as I have been enjoying developing a control deck to take on the arena. My observation has been that when 10+, 15+ (think I even had 25 once) of those things hatch the repetition and gameplay delay due to the sounds and animation is a little irritating. Please bear this in mind for things that are likely to be used in 'spam decks' and maybe shorten them / have an option to speed them up / not have them after first couple of times - haven't heard ancestral spectre's sounds yet.

Elysion
09-14-2015, 01:14 AM
My observation has been that when 10+, 15+ (think I even had 25 once) of those things hatch the repetition and gameplay delay due to the sounds and animation is a little irritating. Please bear this in mind for things that are likely to be used in 'spam decks' and maybe shorten them / have an option to speed them up / not have them after first couple of times.

Hey Sachan, the team is still busy optimizing and improving the engine for this. We know it can create gameplay delays and that it sounds a little bit repetitive when triggered multiple times. This will be improved in the future.

Sachan
09-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the response - it was more an observation than anything else and overall I am enjoying the game. Keep up the good work.