PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on the Stress Test!

hex_colin
09-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Awesome work everyone @ HEX! I played the whole time and it looked like it was pretty much flawless from our side of the fence. Congratulations!

And, gratz to the big winners! :)

Does this mean we get qualifiers for the $100K now? ;)

Gwaer
09-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Indeed, good job. Also, nice fortitude people! It was long, but I had fun, and even played some proving grounds after.

Gen91
09-05-2015, 10:22 PM
I was disappointed to face only 1 TM deck. :(
But now I know that my anti TM deck is also mediocre vs orc aggro.

Also gj HXE, even rejoining after game crashed was super smooth, only a bug, that Aod can't be countered when played for free sacked (Neo seemed very pissed ;/

magic_gazz
09-05-2015, 10:22 PM
All seemed to go well, think that counts as a big success.

Selanius
09-05-2015, 10:23 PM
The Stress Test was almost flawless from what I saw, great job engineering this one HEXEnt!

hitchslap88
09-05-2015, 11:00 PM
Congratz, guys :)

Barkam
09-06-2015, 12:17 AM
Huge milestone.

Phenteo
09-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Woohoo!

bootlace
09-06-2015, 12:26 AM
Congrats! This was huge, literally.

HitoZ
09-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Only hickup I had was when my opponent disconnected. It toook more than 5 minutes for a notification message to show up. In the mean time I couldn't do anything, it said it was my turn and my timer went down. Sure it was only a visual bug as I later found out but first time around happening wasn't a good experience. Otherwise it ran super smooth, shame I couldn't stick till the end, and i never got to play Myrym but i did get to play against some cool decks.

Decks I played against 6 games all different:
- Reese + Uruunaz (Blood/Sapphire)
- AoD+VK (Diamond/Blood)
- TM (Wild/Ruby)
- Aggro mono ruby orcs
- A mono blood, newbie i asume(champion was Lionel Flynn)
- Shin'hare (Blood/Wild)

Vorsa
09-06-2015, 01:55 AM
10 Hours was beyond my own limits, but great to see a stress test go off without a hitch. :)

Edswor
09-06-2015, 02:07 AM
Awesome work everyone @ HEX! I played the whole time and it looked like it was pretty much flawless from our side of the fence. Congratulations!

+1. Even though it finish at 5:30 AM for me, it was really fun (I really did use my second monitor ;) ).

Edit: Only the minor bugs to resolve are related to the tournament lobby (the total rounds of the tournament, and the round 10 sorted alphabetically so it stood between round 1 and 2).

mrdewit
09-06-2015, 03:22 AM
Good news!

Will there be more stress tests? Or was this the succesful try that will move the project forward?

I was hoping for more tests that are somewhat more timezone friendly to other parts of the world. Maybe a more general question, will these kind of unique events rotate timezone wise?

ossuary
09-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Indeed, the tournament went amazingly smoothly. I only ever had lag in one match, where we sat on the gameboard with no cards for about 30 seconds before it kicked in and started the game, everything else was flawless. Nice work, guys. :)

Malicus
09-06-2015, 04:06 AM
yeah everything seemed to go great even the cut to top 8 was pretty smooth. I didn't hit the top 8 lobby until after I had lost but I joined the game just fine and the notification of making top 8 was there.

Tinfoil
09-06-2015, 05:08 AM
Yeah - it was awesome :) Who got in top 8 and what did it look like?

Armies
09-06-2015, 05:16 AM
I was 7th place and lost in the titania mirror from what I hear it was 7/8 titania decks in the top 8

WolfCrypt
09-06-2015, 05:17 AM
I'm glad the test had very little bugs it's great news for us who don't care about PVP. It seems everyone had fun even if TM was around.

Showsni
09-06-2015, 06:49 AM
Ended fifth; everything went pretty smoothly from my end. I played against a nice variety:

Wild/Diamond Dimmid (Angels + Dinosaurs)
Ruby/Blood Urgnock (Aggro + discard)
Ruby Urgnock (Aggro - Inferno in from the side)
Blood Bunoshi (Discard, Vampires, Brawler)
Blood Kranok (Doppelgadget combos)
Ruby/Wild Cressida (TM variant with Reginald Lancashire)
Ruby Giles (Charge + Robots, Emberspire Witch - think Bottled Vitae + Reactor Bot)
Ruby/Wild Cressida (Regular TM)
Ruby/Wild Cressida (Regular TM)
Wild/Sapphire Winter Moon? I think? Don't recall too much about this matchup, but I was surprised I never saw any interrupts, I seem to recall. Maybe I'm making this match up. It was a long night.

Only match I lost in the Swiss was to the TM mirror, then lost again round one of the top 8 to another TM mirror, both times 2-1. That matchup pretty much comes down to whoever's deck runs smoothest, it seems; not sure if there's any super secret anti TM tech you can run in a TM deck that isn't already being run (some people are even starting to go Total Meltdown to deal with Spellshield EG, I think).

Anyway, congrats to the devs for a well run tournament!

wolzarg
09-06-2015, 06:53 AM
(some people are even starting to go Total Meltdown to deal with Spellshield EG, I think).
Shhh... thats supposed to be a secret!

Also glorious tournament with no problems on my end except for how long it is. Something really should be done to cut down those timers because 13 hour tournaments are horrific or they have to start earlier.

ThrawnOmega
09-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Well done HXE! I played all 10 rounds. Felt it took a few seconds too long to connect to my round 1 opponent, but there was not any lag in-games. The whole things was essentially perfect as far as I'm concerned, as far beyond my expectations for a tournament labelled a stress test.

Test passed. A++

My only complaint is the length of the event itself with that many players. 10-13 hours solid is just not healthy. I can, and did, take eye breaks and walk around between rounds. Still, that's an ENTIRE DAY. That may be ok for some super-hardcore TCG players, but I think for most of us it's over the top.

I'd like to see measures introduced into future tournaments to keep their length sane, whether it be entry limits, round limits, or the ability to pause an event after 5 rounds, lets say, and do the next 5 the following day.

(notice I'm on the same page as Wolzarg on length :) )

Once again, great job folks!

Hieronymous
09-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Well done HXE! I played all 10 rounds. Felt it took a few seconds too long to connect to my round 1 opponent, but there was not any lag in-games. The whole things was essentially perfect as far as I'm concerned, as far beyond my expectations for a tournament labelled a stress test.

Test passed. A++

My only complaint is the length of the event itself with that many players. 10-13 hours solid is just not healthy. I can, and did, take eye breaks and walk around between rounds. Still, that's an ENTIRE DAY. That may be ok for some super-hardcore TCG players, but I think for most of us it's over the top.

I'd like to see measures introduced into future tournaments to keep their length sane, whether it be entry limits, round limits, or the ability to pause an event after 5 rounds, lets say, and do the next 5 the following day.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with this. I also think that if this weren't a free tournament the rewards would need some serious adjustment, just to reflect the time commitment involved.

Boreaquis
09-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Yeah. Playing for 5 hours and going 3-2 without getting anything for it makes me feel not too great about the test tournament, even if the technical aspect worked well for once.

JohnDruitt
09-06-2015, 07:36 AM
Well I'd say we either need to change clock to 20 minutes per player. That cuts around 3 hours from 10 round swiss or play top 8 next day or both. Also we could do qualification tournaments. Say we play 4 rounds of swiss and everyone with 3-1 gets the ticket to the tournament next day/week. That would save A LOT of the time.

wolzarg
09-06-2015, 07:52 AM
I'm expecting invitation only tournaments to be in the plans and resolve most of these problems honestly.

Hieronymous
09-06-2015, 07:57 AM
I'm expecting invitation only tournaments to be in the plans and resolve most of these problems honestly.

Eh, I love the concept of Big Tournaments, and these periodic "everyone can join" events are good for the overall community. They just need to be structured a little better for a world where nobody's breaking for lunch at the same time.

ThrawnOmega
09-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Yeah. Playing for 5 hours and going 3-2 without getting anything for it makes me feel not too great about the test tournament, even if the technical aspect worked well for once.

Played 10 hours. Went 6-4. Didn't win anything. Was salty about that for a while. (I was 6-1 then lost 3 in a row at the end)

I think I'm over it now. I did get to see a lot of different decks.

Killer.Mutant
09-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Are the final results posted somewhere? (Didn't stick around for the final 8 and it's gone from the client).

I'd really, really like to be able to leave the tournament lobby between rounds. Obviously the client should prevent you from registering for additional tournaments (multi-tabling would be yay but I'm pretty sure my laptop would combust) but you should be able to:

- Use the auction house
- Frost Ring Arena
- Gauntlet (maybe)

When are prizes expected to be awarded?

wolzarg
09-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Eh, I love the concept of Big Tournaments, and these periodic "everyone can join" events are good for the overall community. They just need to be structured a little better for a world where nobody's breaking for lunch at the same time.
Why is one big tournament superior to a few medium sized ones that top off and meet at the end?

Gwaer
09-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Why is one big tournament superior to a few medium sized ones that top off and meet at the end?

There's a couple of answers here. One, the spectacle of it. Huge TCG tournaments feel different than several smaller ones. It's purely psychological.

Also, This was mainly to test the servers ability to cope with a huge number of players starting matches at the same time, which is absolutely necessary when there are tons of smaller tournaments firing simultaneously for different things.

I would expect smaller tournaments that cut to larger tournaments maybe the following week, which cut to a finals of some sort, same day/or some other time to totally be a thing we see in the future. But it doesn't stress the server as much, it doesn't feel as cool, and it's harder to guarantee that everyone is present for a string of different tournaments rather than one huge one.

The_Lannisters
09-06-2015, 10:12 AM
I was 7th place and lost in the titania mirror from what I hear it was 7/8 titania decks in the top 8

I played against Galwen, 6th match of the Swiss rounds. It was a very tight 3 rounder, which I played very poorly. He was playing a very controlly good old B/D deck. There's your non TITs finalist.

Graydeath
09-06-2015, 11:14 AM

Test passed. A++

+1

They should find a way to keep the lenght mor aceptable, i'm forem europe and after 8 round, ad 3.20 AM, i had to give up beacause i didn't have the sterngt to go on.

McCloud68
09-06-2015, 11:19 AM
I have been trying to digest yesterdays experience. Am still honestly having some wow moments and "Did I do that?" moments.
This event ran VERY smoothly for me. I did what I thought was the smart thing and did relog every couple of rounds in order to help keep my client refreshed and the memory cache or whatever cleared so as to not have any problems in lag and graphics glitches.
Galwen was THE toughest, meanest, anti TM deck I faced. I faced him in round 10, where I did not properly make needed changes during Reserves and thus lost to him in Round 10. We met again in the finals though and this time I knew what needed to be done both in Game 1 and in Reserves. My theories proved correct and I somehow managed to come out on top and win it.

I have read some posts by folks claiming this was too long of an event. I compared this event to other TCG's ALL DAY events, and the fact that we were able to do such an event in the comfort of our own homes and still had a great turn out and performance by the community and the client/program was just amazing in my opinion. To do such an event in a paper TCG I would have to travel far away, get a hotel, spend money on food and drink, etc. This was done in 1 day, and I was able to cook my family dinner and anything else I needed to do, like walk around, go outside for a smoke, whatever.

I had an awesome time, enjoyed the comradery of the community as we cheered each other on in Twitch stream chats and overall had a great time with each other.

I look forward to future events of this nature and hope to meet many more really neat people in the process.
Thanks Hex for a wonderful experience and day that I will never forget.

CaptJack / McCloud1968

Gwaer
09-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Congrats on your win. =)

McCloud68
09-06-2015, 11:24 AM
+1

They should find a way to keep the lenght mor aceptable, i'm forem europe and after 8 round, ad 3.20 AM, i had to give up beacause i didn't have the sterngt to go on.

Ok, I can understand that the time zone difference was likely an issue for some. But honestly the point of this stress test was to prove and see if Hex was ready for this kind of a large scale event. Some folks had some connection issues through out the day, but it mostly went very smoothly. From these kinds of events are born the serious and professional players of a game. I would like to think I am on the right path and that this game has a VERY bright future. Peace and prosperity to all.

CaptJack

McCloud68
09-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Thank you very much.

Salverus
09-06-2015, 01:23 PM
I was surprised by how smooth everything ran. I could open the standings page just fine, while it would crash my game during previous stress test.
But the biggest problem i had was the wait time between rounds.
round 1: afk opponent, after 12 minutes free win. I then had wait 48 minutes until round 2. In 48 minutes i can do a full arena run and earn 7000 gold and some equips/dust/pve cards! Now all i was be able to do was stare at tournament screen. So i just left the tournament after first round already.
But in the future, if we could leave, play arena and then join back in, that would be super duper great.

Saeijou
09-06-2015, 03:43 PM

two solutions for that... do better or don't participate ;)

mudgee01
09-06-2015, 03:57 PM
10 Rounds + finals doesnt ever really happen in one day anymore. Any tournaments that size tend to happen over 2 days.

Again, this was a FREE entry tournament WITH prizes. No one should be complaining about that. I can understand if you paid money and didnt get a pack but again its a tournament....in most (non professional) sporting events only the top 3 get prizes.

People were aware of the prize structure before the tournament, you are able to make an informed decision as to whether you wanted to play.

In life, not everybody can win.

Reldan
09-06-2015, 09:39 PM
When are prizes expected to be awarded?
I'm curious on this as well. Went 7-3 and placed "in the money" based on the originally announced prize structure. Need the packs so I can do a Sealed Deck Gauntlet!

I logged in today hoping to see a Mail pop up like with other tournament prizes, but nothing so far.

iSimeon
09-07-2015, 02:43 AM
Now after stress test maybe they should work on getting new players???

It's just idea but 750 people playing it's not much :/ I know that playerbase is a bit higher but you got the point ;)

Mahes
09-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Actually that concern is valid. Every stress test has had 700-900(I think we have hit 900?)players. You would think that at this stage we would be fielding 1000+ easy. The time allotment is certainly one reason we did not field as many as perhaps we should have but I also think that population is another. I have noticed that the limited environment is taking longer and longer to fire as well. Set 3 just came out a few weeks ago and already the excitement is dying? I really do hope that the Player verse Environment will be what tips the scale towards a player base of 10's of thousands+, because right now it seems players try the game and then go somewhere else.

iSimeon
09-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Stress test showed 2 things:
1. Too few people playing
2. Something needs to be done with TM
with that said I will just point out that released MtG Duels which is buggy, ugly, boring, tedius, bad designed and much more is hitting 5K peek players on daily basis.
Sadly, it's true. :/

Hex will never have big player base if they don't start some agressive campaign or rollover to steam.

mudgee01
09-07-2015, 10:35 PM
The tournament started at 4am for me and I had a PTQ to run for MTG at 10am so yeah....Damn Australia

Svenn
09-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Now after stress test maybe they should work on getting new players???

It's just idea but 750 people playing it's not much :/ I know that playerbase is a bit higher but you got the point ;)

Don't forget those of us who won't play Constructed. I was doing a draft at the time of the tournament. :)

bwarner
09-08-2015, 07:16 AM
I don't think number of entrants in a 10+ hour tournament is a good estimate of the number of people playing the game currently. I'd be surprised if that appealed to even 20% of the player base.

YourOpponent
09-08-2015, 07:42 AM

Test passed. A++

I don't think the time part is so much a problem. I just think it would be more desired by the community as a whole if it was introduced as ladder play for big tournaments like that.

Also does anybody know when we will be receiving the packs from the stress test and whether or not they changed the rewards for the tournament (since I noticed they didn't have the prizes listed in either of the tournaments so I figured maybe the rewards were susceptible to change)

Elwinz
09-08-2015, 07:53 AM
If you think than 10hrs + turnament starting at 8pm isnt a problem for example for Europe .. for Na guys sure it might be not as much wne it started at 11 am their time ...

Boreaquis
09-08-2015, 07:57 AM
If you think than 10hrs + turnament starting at 8pm isnt a problem for example for Europe .. for Na guys sure it might be not as much wne it started at 11 am their time ...

Yep. I would probably be fine with a tournament that lasts the whole day every once in a while, but one that lasts the whole night is a different matter entirely.

Phenteo
09-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Stress test showed 2 things:
1. Too few people playing

I don't like to correct people too often, but let me put a piece of information as to why participation was lower:

1.) Previously, everyone would get a reward even if you didn't stay through the entire tournament;
2.) It wasn't constructed tournaments before on test;
3.) It didn't conflict with other community-run tournaments;
4.) It was a holiday weekend where attendance in games actually run a little lower due to everyone bbq'ing or out with their family as it was a longer weekend;
5.) Many players have been burnt out on previous stress test tournaments not succeeding that they decided to sit this one out;
6.) There were a good portion of the players on the server who were not in the large tournament (either in other tournaments, PG, or Frost Ring)

The population on the server actually has been steadily increasing. On average we see over 1k signups daily (this number fluctuates but is still steadily increasing).

If anything, things are looking much more positive

Maylick
09-08-2015, 11:14 AM

We never would've doubt that. It's just we always would like MORE players, just because this game and HXE work on it being amazing and stuff)

I guess now the main question for most people is when prize packs will hit in. We understand that you have to do this manually, because you wouldn't risk automatic prize sending on stress-test where something could've gone wrong. So we'll just keep fingers crossed and wait. If you could kindly provide ETA - that would be also apreciated.

mrdewit
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
My thoughts exactly! This tournament was perfect for US players, the rest of us, not so much ...

Zophie
09-08-2015, 11:53 AM
On average we see over 1k signups daily (this number fluctuates but is still steadily increasing).

This is excellent to hear! And just imagine how much that number will spike when the $100k tournament gets into full swing and PVE comes out!

Svenn
09-08-2015, 12:14 PM
This is excellent to hear! And just imagine how much that number will spike when the $100k tournament gets into full swing and PVE comes out!

I expect a pretty large surge when the PvE patch hits. I've been holding off on pushing a lot of my friends to sign up/play frequently until that hits, and I know some that are excited for it but don't really play now.

hex_colin
09-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I expect a pretty large surge when the PvE patch hits. I've been holding off on pushing a lot of my friends to sign up/play frequently until that hits, and I know some that are excited for it but don't really play now.

And the surge from the $100K will be pretty huge from a monetization perspective. I have some insight into the numbers and I've seen nothing to change my optimistic view of the future of HEX. :) I keep hearing people saying Draft is way down - I think folks would be pleasantly surprised at the reality. And when you add in Gauntlet... :) The game is definitely growing. Hopefully it'll (figuratively) explode in the short-medium term. :)

ziggarius
09-08-2015, 12:25 PM
The game is definitely growing. Hopefully it'll (figuratively) explore in the sort-medium term. :)

Did you mean explode and short-medium by chance?

hex_colin
09-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Did you mean explode and short-medium by chance?

Yup, that's what happens when I pull an all-nighter to meet a deadline! :P

Hieronymous
09-08-2015, 12:28 PM
My thoughts exactly! This tournament was perfect for US players, the rest of us, not so much ...

Even for US players it ran pretty long. I started playing at 2 PM (U.S. East Coast) and had to miss two rounds to go eat at 9 & 10 PM that night because I hadn't initially comprehended how long things would go. When I got back I still had time to play another round before it ended at something approximating midnight my time. If I'd made the top 8 I would have been up till like 2 AM.

I like that they do big events but I really hope they figure out a way to make them shorter.

zadies
09-08-2015, 12:51 PM
I don't like to correct people too often, but let me put a piece of information as to why participation was lower:

1.) Previously, everyone would get a reward even if you didn't stay through the entire tournament;
2.) It wasn't constructed tournaments before on test;
3.) It didn't conflict with other community-run tournaments;
4.) It was a holiday weekend where attendance in games actually run a little lower due to everyone bbq'ing or out with their family as it was a longer weekend;
5.) Many players have been burnt out on previous stress test tournaments not succeeding that they decided to sit this one out;
6.) There were a good portion of the players on the server who were not in the large tournament (either in other tournaments, PG, or Frost Ring)

The population on the server actually has been steadily increasing. On average we see over 1k signups daily (this number fluctuates but is still steadily increasing).

To add to number 4 it is also a convention weekend and Dragon Con is a rather large distraction when you consider this was a day long tournament

Metronomy
09-08-2015, 01:36 PM
was this 1k signups a day officialy confirmed...i heard that cory said it on a stream once apparently (?)...I still wonder though...maybe is was some special day or whatever...if it was 1k signups a day that would be very good...I doubt it somehow though

Zophie
09-08-2015, 01:38 PM
was this 1k signups a day officialy confirmed...

See Phenteo's post above (#50 (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=45881&p=526885&viewfull=1#post526885))

McCloud68
09-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Still waiting to hear about when the prizing will be distributed. Some of us are counting on that prizing to do things.

Phenteo
09-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Still waiting to hear about when the prizing will be distributed. Some of us are counting on that prizing to do things.

Within the next couple of hours. DataDragon is currently working on it.

Metronomy
09-08-2015, 02:12 PM
-

Metronomy
09-08-2015, 02:12 PM
oh..i didnt realize it was phenteo who was quoted with that 1k number....I heard that number rumor-wise before...thats why I asked

So apparently its true. Thats very good. It seems like only a tiny percentage goes further than playing arena though. With 1k new players (I know sign-ups dont equal players..but still) a day we should see increases in drafts and constructed. Draft queues slow down though and constructed is also not realy increasing in numbers. I heard many times that the game introduction is lacking (and I have to agree). So the 1k new signups a day is good but it might also mean that many of those are turned away by the rather poor introduction. Its fine if you are experienced with tcgs. But if you are not its just too much.

Simply explaining hotkeys and how stops work would go a long way. Every time I saw a new streamer he was surprised those things exist (and relieved at the same time). Especially the stop system is a huge turn off for people who only played hearthstone. Explaining how the whole priority system works and that you can set stops manually and also can pass your turn with one hotkey should realy be part of the early introductions.

I know you are aware of all that and I think (and hope) that this has high priority (since burned customers usually dont come back). I dont wanna lecture you guys on what to do. I am indeed no game designer. Still I want to express my oppinions. Do with it what you want.

I'm sorry I missused this thread to bramble about game introduction but it wanted to come out while I was writing^^.

McCloud68
09-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Within the next couple of hours. DataDragon is currently working on it.

Best news I have heard all week!

dogmod
09-08-2015, 02:29 PM
oh..i didnt realize it was phenteo who was quoted with that 1k number....I heard that number rumor-wise before...thats why I asked

So apparently its true. Thats very good. It seems like only a tiny percentage goes further than playing arena though. With 1k new players (I know sign-ups dont equal players..but still) a day we should see increases in drafts and constructed. Draft queues slow down though and constructed is also not realy increasing in numbers. I heard many times that the game introduction is lacking (and I have to agree). So the 1k new signups a day is good but it might also mean that many of those are turned away by the rather poor introduction. Its fine if you are experienced with tcgs. But if you are not its just too much.

Simply explaining hotkeys and how stops work would go a long way. Every time I saw a new streamer he was surprised those things exist (and relieved at the same time). Especially the stop system is a huge turn off for people who only played hearthstone. Explaining how the whole priority system works and that you can set stops manually and also can pass your turn with one hotkey should realy be part of the early introductions.

I know you are aware of all that and I think (and hope) that this has high priority (since burned customers usually dont come back). I dont wanna lecture you guys on what to do. I am indeed no game designer. Still I want to express my oppinions. Do with it what you want.

I'm sorry I missused this thread to bramble about game introduction but it wanted to come out while I was writing^^.

Are we really getting 1k sign up or 1k sign ins?

Zophie
09-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Are we really getting 1k sign up or 1k sign ins?

^

dogmod
09-08-2015, 02:35 PM
^

I saw the quote but don't know that I believe it so I asked for clarification.

Metronomy
09-08-2015, 02:35 PM
idk...sign-ups for me means registrations on their site...if we are talking about 1k log-ins into the game daily then that would mean something completly different. I have to say though it would also kind of make sense with what I experience if it was 1k daily log-ins (I'm seriously confused now^^).

Zophie
09-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't want to speak for Phenteo but Signups to me means newly registered accounts. Whether or not they all log in every day does not factor into that quote. I doubt we'll get any numbers on average logins per day, I'm actually surprised we got as much as we did in that quote, since they really aren't obligated to share any data at all.

Anyway, over 1k signups per day is pretty great, that means the word is consistently getting out there (and steadily increasing) and people are at least willing to take the time to create an account to theoretically log in with at least once.

Metronomy
09-08-2015, 02:50 PM
I agree...I just hope Phenteo (kind as he is) will confirm that it is actual sign-ups we are talking about. They dont need to share any numbers but now I'm a bit confused since 1k new sign-ups daily almost seems to good to be true.

Phenteo
09-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Signups AKA Registrations AKA New Account Creation

Metronomy
09-08-2015, 02:58 PM
thank you for that clarification...i know you used sign-ups the first time but it just sounded too good to be true^^...thats realy great

dogmod
09-08-2015, 03:01 PM
I agree with metronomy... sign-ups did seem too good to be true but glad to hear it.

Phenteo
09-08-2015, 03:02 PM
thank you for that clarification...i know you used sign-ups the first time but it just sounded too good to be true^^...thats realy great

YW. :) Yes, and it's a very healthy growth. Now, one registration doesn't mean directly spending money in client or being retained. But, we're happy with the growth and we're looking at ways for retention and conversions.

For those of you interested: Video Game Marketing (http://www.slideshare.net/JackDalrymple/video-gamemarketing)

dogmod
09-08-2015, 03:15 PM
YW. :) Yes, and it's a very healthy growth. Now, one registration doesn't mean directly spending money in client or being retained. But, we're happy with the growth and we're looking at ways for retention and conversions.

For those of you interested: Video Game Marketing (http://www.slideshare.net/JackDalrymple/video-gamemarketing)

Better onboarding and PvE... problem solved ;)

Zophie
09-08-2015, 03:15 PM
About 40% of the world's population has an internet connection in 2015, roughly 3.2 billion people. If you took a million of those people and stuck them in a room, at least one of them would sign up for Hex every single day. The room would likely also smell really bad after a while and would break many fire codes. Once enough people start to realize the only escape from the room is by signing up for Hex I think we'll start to see exponential growth for sure. BUT AT WHAT COST?

dogmod
09-08-2015, 03:21 PM
A ladder system wouldn't hurt either ;o

Zophie
09-08-2015, 03:23 PM
A ladder system wouldn't hurt either ;o

Ladders won't help them escape the room, only registering for Hex will save them.

Phenteo
09-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Ladders won't help them escape the room, only registering for Hex will save them.

And spending money... don't forget spending money...