PDA

View Full Version : Development priorities

BigDog
09-08-2015, 11:22 AM
I was wondering if we could have an approximate subject to change priority agenda for development. While we are all aware that pve is the current focus and updates to existing systems is ongoing. What is the priority on getting tablet support, set 4, guild support, card for card trade support, etc.
I fully expect beta to last for a while to come and legal issues to be resolved prior to official release so I was hoping for more info on kickstarter deliverables that are slated for launch vs beta.

Zophie
09-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Set 4 after first PVE campaign release. That's all we'll really know for sure at this point due to the nature of their development. From what I understand they have people working on different features that are being iterated on and they will just be ready when they're ready, no specific time tables. Some of the features need to wait for other features to be complete before they can get it in there, so it's just a matter of waiting for all the pieces to fall into place. We're getting there, and PVE will be pretty huge when we get it and I'm guessing lots of little features we've been waiting for will come with it, I look forward to a loooooong list of patch notes for this one :)

As far as beyond PVE and set 4, it's anyone's guess really. I'm hoping that barebones guild functions will come with PVE but it could be that they can't put it in until they get other features in that are part of the same systems so who knows. Tablet support is one of those things that's being worked on but I'm guessing it won't likely happen until after the majority of the systems are in place and working properly. The client is built in Unity to make porting to tablets easier, so once we get all the main features I'm sure we'll see tablet support shortly after (iOS first, Android some time after), but again that's probably not likely until the game is close to feature-complete, in which case we're probably looking at well into 2016 at the earliest. Maybe they'll surprise us though, who knows.

Clawdius
09-09-2015, 04:12 PM
I play Hex on my Nexus 7 all the time with Splashtop. The downside is it ties up the PC and the tablet, but it's great for watching Netflix and mindlessly grinding the arena until I want to beat myself in the head with a frying pan until I suffer a traumatic brain injury.