PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - New VIP Reward Cards

Shaqattaq
09-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Hi HEXers! This week, we’ll get friendly with the community of HEX streamers, but first let’s reveal the VIP tournament reward cards that will take us through the end of the year!

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-new-vip-reward-cards/

hex_colin
09-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Sweet art! :)

Vorsa
09-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Ooh, those AA's are tempting me...

On the one hand I'm not really keen on playing Orcs or Vennen right now, but on the other hand the tusker is so over-the-top awesome and the exarch is equally over-the-top horrid.

Tons of VIP tickets, but only a dozen packs - if I don't do well (and my drafts have been very erratic), I'll have no reserves for when the next 'seasonal' AA comes around.

Xenavire
09-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Very nice art. Will be nice to get my playset of Quash via VIP, and the art is just so good. Exarch looks sufficiently creepy too, nicely done.

Zophie
09-18-2015, 03:47 PM
ooh gotta get me some AA Exarchs for my spider deck, sweet!

Edswor
09-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Very nice AA art. "Gotta catch em all" ...

Reeplay
09-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Those arts are sooooo good. I'll have to wait until October since I don't feel like playing the sealed VIP though

Caruso
09-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Fucking amazing

RCDv57
09-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Hey look everybody!
Its Venom the Vennen!
https://www.hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Exarch-of-the-Egg-AA.png

Cirouss
09-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the mention :) I definately recommend to check out the streamers, I know them all and they are all really amazing and entertaining! And beside from that we have a very generous, friendly and helpful HEX-Twitch community :)

Also I really LOVE those 2 AA cards, looking forward to add them to my collection!.... Atleast for some time till I give them away anyway xD

N3rd4Christ
09-18-2015, 07:23 PM
That TUSKER

Lukezors
09-18-2015, 07:34 PM
These are my two favorite cards in set 3! Looks I'll def be playing some sealed :)

xou
09-18-2015, 09:45 PM
very nice choice of cards for AA - both playable and overall awesome. and that art is ridiculously cool! can't wait to win 8 of each! :D

although, why don't you want to move back to regular schedule and make this month constructed? I know 2 constructed months in a row could be tough for some players but we just got change in the meta, it should be interesting at least. also, we had two sealed months before that, so no big deal, right? :)

Elwinz
09-18-2015, 11:03 PM
those gona have prce

Shaqattaq
09-18-2015, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxoL3uQbPoc

Gwaer
09-19-2015, 12:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aqQpZ8N.png

The kickstarter update says, the final set of VIP AA's? That a misspeak? Or are these the last AA cards from VIP tournaments?

Shaqattaq
09-19-2015, 01:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aqQpZ8N.png

The kickstarter update says, the final set of VIP AA's? That a misspeak? Or are these the last AA cards from VIP tournaments?

It's the final set for the year. January begins the next set.

Hi HEXers! This week, we’ll get friendly with the community of HEX streamers, but first let’s reveal the VIP tournament reward cards that will take us through the end of the year!

spankydonkey
09-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Very nice artwork on them cards, what I would like to see is the creature that owned that horn, before the Orcs got hold of it!

strawwmann
09-19-2015, 04:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxoL3uQbPoc

What he/they said, couldn't put it any better than that! :)

Gwaer
09-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Ah that makes sense! Years end, humans care about that. Need to remember those details.

Voormas
09-19-2015, 08:37 PM
This has got me pumped for next week! See ya'll there!

TheMotivation
09-20-2015, 07:18 AM
I'd like to mention http://www.twitch.tv/hackychannel as someone I'm surprised not to see on that Streamer Spotlight list. One of my favorites.

hacky
09-21-2015, 01:35 PM
I'd like to mention http://www.twitch.tv/hackychannel as someone I'm surprised not to see on that Streamer Spotlight list. One of my favorites.

I'm sure it's just one of those things that got lost in the email ether. You guys know where i am. Follow all the awesome casters in the update! <3

hammer
09-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Will there be a patch to add the new VIP cards ? if so when is this patch if not does this mean the cards will be retro added to accounts at a later date or can you ninja the cards in without a patch?

Shaqattaq
09-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Will there be a patch to add the new VIP cards ? if so when is this patch if not does this mean the cards will be retro added to accounts at a later date or can you ninja the cards in without a patch?

There will be an update to HEX with those VIP cards. They will be retroactively added to accounts some time after the update is live. We'll provide more information about that update in the future here on HEXTCG.com.

ossuary
09-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Please stop tanking VIP AA prices by inserting hundreds / thousands of them into accounts retroactively. :(

Prizes really need to be available immediately. It's not like you didn't know new ones would be coming out around now. :)

hammer
09-24-2015, 01:00 AM
Why does this tank the prices I don't understand the logic the supply v demand doesn't change

ossuary
09-24-2015, 07:33 AM
If multiple tournaments of cards are inserted into everyone's accounts all at once, then there are more people with cards to sell, fighting to get theirs sold first, causing a massive drop in potential initial value of the cards. When the cards come out immediately as the first tournament finishes, there are far fewer available and so there are fewer people willing and able to sell. It's very simple, really. Delayed delivery = decreased value.

hammer
09-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Delayed deliver equals delayed buying too. I don't follow you economics.

Xenavire
09-24-2015, 10:54 AM

I do have to side with Oss a little here - I saw this exact effect with the last cycle of VIP cards. Instead of starting high (between 1.5k-2k plat) they actually started pretty low (1k-1.5k plat) and quickly dropped. Honestly, the scarcity during the first payout does lead to higher prices, so I think of it less as a value drop, and more as a lack of artificial inflation. The more copies in circulation means the value nears the true value a lot faster.

This all assumes we have to wait for multiple months to get our rewards, which is far from certain (in fact, it hasn't been discussed at all as of yet, so we would have to wait and see.)

McCloud68
09-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Please stop tanking VIP AA prices by inserting hundreds / thousands of them into accounts retroactively. :(

Prizes really need to be available immediately. It's not like you didn't know new ones would be coming out around now. :)

You probably already guessed I am in total agreement with this line of thinking!

nicosharp
09-25-2015, 08:16 AM

I don't know why Hammer, but why do you make more logical sense than most regulars.... The Economy is going to do what it is going to do.

Aradon
09-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Not really, the demand is roughly the same. The same number of people will want the product, barring the natural growth of the game bringing in a slightly higher demand. For example, let's say there are 2000 players out there who want a playset of the AAs, and there are 1000 copies put in each VIP weekend. There will be demand for 8000 cards, and a supply of 1000. However, next month, there will still be a demand of 8000 cards, and a supply of 2000. The first month has an 8:1 ratio, the second month has a 4:1 ratio. Delaying the insertion by a month means that players can't take advantage of that 8:1 period and sell to players who can't/won't wait for the price to drop.

This example hinges on the assumption that the demand won't change, but I don't see why it would. People aren't going to want these cards any more or less over time. Demand might fluctuate based on the meta, but that could go both ways and I don't think that's what anyone is arguing about. Demand might slightly creep up due to an increase in player base, so the second month might actually look like 5:1, so that's a fair point, but I don't think it's fair to say that demand is going to double with the supply just because nobody could buy it earlier. These aren't consumable items that people have a recurring need for, it's not like those 2000 players need a playset every month and have to make up for lost time. There is a set number of people who will buy these cards, and that number's only going to change by playerbase growth.

wolzarg
09-26-2015, 07:47 AM
When i didn't work weekends forcing me to miss all vips except the last i actually used to sell my vips from the first week of the new cycle at easily 30% above the average. This isn't to say that its good or bad for the economy but i the point that having them all drop at the same time loses some sellers a bit of money is true for sure.

Mahes
09-26-2015, 03:09 PM
A better question is..

Why not just put them in on Tuesday? They are identical to cards that exist, save for art. The Artwork is done. I am really confused as to why this is an issue. In the future, the AA cards should already be a part of the system before the change over. It seems weird to win something and not win it when the games are finished.

IndigoShade
09-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Very nice artwork on them cards, what I would like to see is the creature that owned that horn, before the Orcs got hold of it!

My question is what's pulling that cart of his? Perhaps EA'ing it will reveal the answer! :p

Phenteo
09-30-2015, 05:12 PM
The reason for the delay is because the cards were not in the client originally. There have been some issues with getting a new build out and don't want to publish anything that would add even more bugs to the game. We thank you for your patience and understanding.