PDA

View Full Version : Hexers unite! I need your help!

havocattack
09-19-2015, 02:34 AM
G'day hexers :)

I am making a video/presentation as part of a new weekly segment that I will be doing on my stream (or maybe during my official stream time slot) that will be geared towards helping new players.

This first presentation is going to be titled 'Things you should know' or something like that. Here are a few examples of some of the things I have wrote down so far:

40 cards in limited formats
60 cards for constructed
40% resources as a standard guide
Tournament overview

What I plan to do is go over each point and then expand upon it where necessary. So please let me know what you think is important for new players to know, so I can add it to the list :)

Thanks!

HAVOC

Phoenixfire
09-19-2015, 02:47 AM
maybe add a segment where new players can ask questions, and you can answer them?

havocattack
09-19-2015, 02:51 AM
maybe add a segment where new players can ask questions, and you can answer them?

That will be part of the stream itself, the presentation will be something I can play at maybe the start, while afk, and so on.

pyrovoice
09-19-2015, 03:19 AM
you should write and show us the script, so we can see exactly what you will explain, and how. that way, if something seem missing or unclear, we can say it before the actual video

havocattack
09-19-2015, 03:24 AM
you should write and show us the script, so we can see exactly what you will explain, and how. that way, if something seem missing or unclear, we can say it before the actual video

Well, I'll do that once I have enough content :P So I need more ideas for things to include first ;)

Xenavire
09-19-2015, 04:49 AM
The difference between PvE and PvP, and how to tell the cards apart. Also, deck validation - so new players are aware of banned cards and unsocketed cards when deckbuilding (especially in limited, since the alert only comes up when you save, which is likely to start the round for a new player.)

Also, a rundown on reserves and how to use them is probably a good idea too.

NoahBuddy
09-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Since it's for new players you may want to talk about starter decks, arena grinding and basic auction house use so they can convert their time to plat. You could just point them to articles or posts about this if you feel the subject had been covered well by others. As we know not everyone will want to put money into hex right away.

meowstef
09-19-2015, 10:59 AM
how to socket cards is proably a good thing i have meet new players that did not think they had access to any gems

Elysion
09-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Great idea, If you need any audio assistance let me know.

Timlagor
09-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Hmm gotta try and remember the things the tutorial abysmally fails at...

Socket Cards (esp multiple copies)
Blocking with multiple troops (and being blocked)
Activating cards (esp when they have multiple options)
Equipping Equipment
how good the value from scheduled sealed is ;)
esl + Rock League + Pauper +Tribe
Mercenaries (esp that they aren't implemented yet)
Hexprice
TCGbrowser

Showsni
09-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Question I seem to see most in in game chat is "How do I change champions?"

Elwinz
09-20-2015, 02:15 AM
The most asked question is how to get platinum without paying ^^

Edswor
09-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Resource vs Threshold vs Charges (Champions)
Sockets
Combat damage (and swiftstrike) vs Battle damage vs Other damage

KingGabriel
09-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Form of - Tiger!
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43170
(short-note the FAQ section?)

Hellforge
09-21-2015, 06:13 AM
Which races are represented by which shards and what their 'classic' archtype is (vennen=eggs, humans=inspire, necro=recursion and shift, etc.)