PDA

View Full Version : DC Crossover Pack 3 Availability

unLimitedEnds
10-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Are these packs available to local game stores already? My usual spots in Los Angeles and San Diego don't have them stocked, so I tried ordering on Amazon. Amazon says they're not available and don't know when they're coming in. Are the products just in transit or something? :O

Matt_Hyra
10-02-2015, 10:27 PM
While the release date was the 30th, sometimes the shipments from sub-distributors down to the store level can take a few extra days. So "in transit" is correct for some places. Many stores had them for sale on the 30th...

unLimitedEnds
10-04-2015, 04:34 PM
I just visited several game shops near Mira Mesa and none of them had the Legion crossover pack. ):

gerrymul
10-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Most places in the western US and Canada probably won't receive their shipments until today or tomorrow.

kshock68
10-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Checked again with my local shop...no dice!

Me: "When are you expecting it in?"
Shop-keep: "I dunno."
Me: "Do you keep an inventory, and order for yourselves? Or, does stuff just magically show up?"
Shop-keep: "Get out!"

matos614
10-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Yeah ive notice the local board game store by me, the guys there seem to want to lose customers and not make a profit...its very odd. I tried to order on amazon (prime = free shipping) but still in pre-order :(

DimeDrl
10-08-2015, 03:16 PM
While the release date was the 30th, sometimes the shipments from sub-distributors down to the store level can take a few extra days. So "in transit" is correct for some places. Many stores had them for sale on the 30th...

I feel like this question comes up with tabletop games with almost every release. And not just here. i've seen the same statement made across a dozen forums for a dozen game companies. It would be good industry policy to just add something like this to every release article:

This date is the official 'shipped to retailers' date. It may take a week or so for retailers to receive stock. Contact your nearest FLGS to see when they are likely to receive their shipment so you are guaranteed not to miss out.

It would save a lot of time. :)

gerrymul
10-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Now the word my local retailer is telling me is that Alliance had an exclusive and it will be 2 weeks before his distributor has it (up in Vancouver, Canada). Any truth to that Matt, or is the distributor blowing smoke?

Matt_Hyra
10-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Now the word my local retailer is telling me is that Alliance had an exclusive and it will be 2 weeks before his distributor has it (up in Vancouver, Canada). Any truth to that Matt, or is the distributor blowing smoke?

I don't know about that stuff. Probably could not comment on it even if I did know what was up.
Either way, sorry about the wait.

matos614
10-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Any reason why the Amazon page still says pre-order?

Matt_Hyra
10-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Any reason why the Amazon page still says pre-order?

Try a new search. I just looked and one vendor has it in stock and not overpriced.

gerrymul
10-14-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't know about that stuff. Probably could not comment on it even if I did know what was up.
Either way, sorry about the wait.

Ok, thanks anyway.

kshock68
10-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Try a new search. I just looked and one vendor has it in stock and not overpriced.

Indeed!

As much as I want to support local businesses, my local games store is 99.997% MtG centric. As a consequence, I ordered through Amazon on Monday for my copy.

kshock68
10-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Finally got my copy!

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/jules42651/flounder_oh-boy-is-this-great_zpsbc0fd599.jpg