PDA

View Full Version : Style Points - Bun'jitsu

Shaqattaq
10-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Hello everyone! Dino here. I’m a regular HEX streamer and the creator of the 4Keeps competition. If you enjoy building wacky decks, playing for sweet prizes, and watching hexcellent shenanigans, you can check me out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on Twitch.

Today I would like to welcome you to the first installment of “Style Points,” an article for the creative deck builder. believe that it is not enough to simply defeat your enemies: you must crush them with panache and Rube Goldberg-like flair. To that effect, every week we will be looking at “bad” champions and cards—the neglected and ignored, those things in HEX that most in the community have said are not worth using. You may look at these cards from time to time and ask yourself why you still have them. You haven’t seen them in the meta, and they rarely grace your decks. What’s the point? Here at Style Points, we don’t believe in “bad.” So without further ado, let’s look at your collection differently.

https://www.hextcg.com/style-points-bunjitsu/

superdax
10-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Ohhh nice, will this be a weekly column ? (it does say first instalment)

I love those kind of articles, they are the type of decks i like to play (but can't create).

Very happy to see some content on the Hextcg front page (other than the nice friday updates of course :) :) :) )

Shaqattaq
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Ohhh nice, will this be a weekly column ? (it does say first instalment)

I love those kind of articles, they are the type of decks i like to play (but can't create).

Very happy to see some content on the Hextcg front page (other than the nice friday updates of course :) :) :) )

Each respective column will be published every two weeks.

Thanks for the kind words! We hope everyone will be entertained by all the wild and crazy decks that come out with each article.

Kersed
10-05-2015, 10:26 AM
nice deck

Tazelbain
10-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I am not saying this a scam, but called it is 4keeps and he only uses 3 keeps. Makes wonder what his real agenda is? #whereisthefouthkeep

Vorsa
10-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Yay columns! Quite the pleasant surprise. :)

Does take 3 turns of pounding (maybe a Murder on the 3rd), and I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat about Pact of Blood when SotS is the only life gain + the only removal target... but some class combos if the thresholds come through, and certainly not a mill combo I'd ever dreamt up.

Seems suitable for the Arena (fairly War Machine hardy and Xarlox would be milling his own grave!) - I'd guess for PvE:

* Bramble Boots [Feet] & Mossling Dandelion [Trinket] to protect Master Moss to hold off the AI while drawing.
* Barbed Cuirass [Chest] for the occasional extra card.
* Maybe swap SotS and 1 more card for a set of Shiitake Chef's, who are great single-threshold blockers, life gainers & resource generators w/ an outside chance of Abomination suitability (if left alone to grow).

Shaqattaq
10-05-2015, 11:23 AM
I am not saying this a scam, but called it is 4keeps and he only uses 3 keeps. Makes wonder what his real agenda is? #whereisthefouthkeep

Selling diluted penicillin in WWII Europe #ObscureJoke

Kersed
10-05-2015, 11:36 AM
I remade the deck with my taste.. Want to try it out when I get home.

Creatures 15
2x Monsuun, Shogun of Winda'jin
2x High Tomb Lord
3x Sight of the Sun
4x Azurefate Sorceress
4x Wrathwood Master Moss

Spells 21
4x Immortal Tears
4x Murder
4x Lullaby
2x Pact of Pain
3x Oracle Song
4x Extinction

Resources 24
6x Blood Shard
3x Shard of Ancients
3x Shard of Cunning
3x Sapphire Shard
3x Shard of Instinct
6x Wild Shard

Zophie
10-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Selling diluted penicillin in WWII Europe #ObscureJoke

http://i.imgur.com/nCqT5z0.gif

#ObscureGifForObscureJoke

nicosharp
10-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Great new content, and I look forward to more articles like this.

ziggarius
10-05-2015, 02:31 PM

The fourth keep is the challengers.

darkwonders
10-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Looks like that's a pretty standard Azune + Moss deck that just happened to have a hindrance to its champion ability.

Is one of the qualifiers to be counted as a win to use Bun'jitsu in all 3 games? Cause this deck looks like it can win without using any ability whatsoever. And it's not like there's that many good targets to use. You have 3 different targets, two which already benefit from Azure.

It's a shame Bun'jitsu voids the targets. Would be a lot more powerful if they simply went to the graveyard cause it would benefit greatly from Blood's ability to feed from the graveyard and also with troops that activate upon dying.

facade
10-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Articles like these are awesome. I much prefer the written word as compared to videos or podcasts.

QuartZ
10-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Excellent article, keep it up!

I saw someone throwing a 55/55 high tomb lord over azurefate mill the other day O_O
nice that you developed the idea further

ossuary
10-05-2015, 06:51 PM

Since prizes are on the line, the players are playing "for keeps." It is a pune, or play on words. Official keep defense in Hex will also be the player vs. three decks, when we eventually get it in game. :)

Rycajo
10-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Since prizes are on the line, the players are playing "for keeps." It is a pune, or play on words. Official keep defense in Hex will also be the player vs. three decks, when we eventually get it in game. :)

Oh how I long for such things... But patience I must have.

AstaSyneri
10-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Articles like these are awesome. I much prefer the written word as compared to videos or podcasts.

Great fun - I both love articles over videos and streaming (why would I precious time with that instead of playing... but then, why am I reading this forum? 8) ). Took this deck to the Arena, but it is slow and prone to be blitzed. I'll see how far I get (part of our TUC Arena of Myth challenge now).

Edit: After finishing the run (18-2) I have to admit the combo is great fun. One game was lost due to the High Tomb Lords equipment, on being overrun. War Bot was beaten, just barely. With a few tweaks, there might be a perfect run in this...

Thanks for posting this article!