PDA

View Full Version : General Questions

LexLuthorJr
10-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Just a few questions about the DC Deck-Building Game...

1) Is there a way CZ could release an updated rulebook with all the rules, keywords, specific card rulings, etc. from all the rulebooks? A downloadable PDF that we could print would be fine. It would just be nice to have everything in one place so I don't need to keep carrying around seven rulebooks.

2) Since we now have access to cards from four base sets, two Crisis, three Crossover, and one Rivals, I was wondering if CZ could make any suggestions on how to construct a custom main deck for a new game experience. Are there some guidelines we can follow? Or can CZ give us deck lists for some possible scenarios?

3) Are the Crossover sets designed to go with any sets in particular?

4) What is the opinion of CZ (and other players) on using multiple copied of the same Crossover set? Legion of SuperHeroes, specifically, seems like it could benefit from the use of a second set in the main deck. With so many cards relying on Time Travel, it seems like access to more would be helpful. Or would it be too much?

aoineko
10-06-2015, 03:06 PM
3) Are the Crossover sets designed to go with any sets in particular?

None of the current Crossover sets so far have been designed to go with a specific set. The point is to make them work with any set. The only comment on this I have is that JSA is amazing with Forever Evil.

4) What is the opinion of CZ (and other players) on using multiple copied of the same Crossover set? Legion of SuperHeroes, specifically, seems like it could benefit from the use of a second set in the main deck. With so many cards relying on Time Travel, it seems like access to more would be helpful. Or would it be too much?

Adding more copies of Crossover 1 or 2 would be fine. Crossover 3 would actually be the only one I'd be worried about adding more copies to the main deck. Having too many Time Travel cards will make it too easy to take down Super-Villains.

Matt_Hyra
10-06-2015, 04:48 PM
1: I will bring it up at the next planning meeting.
2: That is something we would prefer to leave to the fans. We don't want to dictate the fun. We like to see what you discover. There are several threads on this topic already.

kshock68
10-07-2015, 04:36 AM
None of the current Crossover sets so far have been designed to go with a specific set. The point is to make them work with any set. The only comment on this I have is that JSA is amazing with Forever Evil.

I have yet to try this, but this is next on the list. We've tried JSA with both the Main deck and Heroes Unite, with us preferring HU so far.

EDIT: The JSA with the Forever Evil set is, like you said, amazing!