PDA

View Full Version : New ideas for DBG's!?

Marconi91
10-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Hey cryptozoic is there a list of such for new possible DBG'S?
I already own DC & LOTR, and I would love to see and own themes such as:
Star Wars
Dbz
Mythology based (Greek, Egyptian, and/or Nordic) maybe based off the RTS PC game age of mythology for example
Marvel, X-men? I know topp deck has legendary but I prefer your guys format.
And of course what is everyone else's ideas and thought, I want more DBG's, but would prefer cryptozoic's format.

SpiritDetective
10-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Phoenix Wright

DIsForDoom
10-06-2015, 05:50 PM
I would love to see a Power Rangers deck builder that uses the Cerberus engine. Plus the number of teams would leave so many options

GuruGuru214
10-06-2015, 07:04 PM
I would love to see a Power Rangers deck builder that uses the Cerberus engine. Plus the number of teams would leave so many options

Huh, I'm surprised that one never crossed my mind. That would be fantastic.

jakecav18
10-07-2015, 04:26 AM
Mega Man. So much Mega Man

GamerGurlAR88
10-07-2015, 05:59 PM
My vote would be for Doctor Who, but how about an original ip

The4gotNdeath
10-08-2015, 10:37 AM
I would also highly second the idea of a cryptozioc original themed deck builder

DimeDrl
10-08-2015, 03:32 PM

Great idea. And think of the Crisis and Crossover sets they could do... *drool*

Some sci-fi stuff would be interesting. The Stargate franchise would layer over Cerberus REALLY well, as long as "Super Powers" were adapted to something else. Maybe "Super Technology" or something similar and be comprised or all the really, really advanced stuff in the show. Equipment could stay the same and include weapons, gear and whatnot.

Locations would probably need to play a larger role since Stargate was heavily about discovering new planets and finding new allies. There would need to be more than the usual five to six, and they would have to add to fill a more "bolster your forces" type of role since gaining new planets in Stargate was a bit like gaining a new ally or foothold. Less of a backdrop for the action, more of a resource around the action if that makes any sense.

Punches and kicks would also have have to become more ranged attacks. Other than those minor changes, everything else would work great. And with two and a half series to draw from, here's a lot of opportunities for multiple sets.

Marconi91
10-08-2015, 09:23 PM

As soon as I posted this I thought, of power rangers, like 20 years worth of new faces, rangers, zords, and enemies omg! That be a lot of expansions for sure.

Maybe even TMNT? That would grab some attention for sure I would think. I mean they've already made naruto and street fighter, I've myself never gotten into both of those, I am more of Dbz and smash bros guy.

Which leads me into the most bad*** one I can think of, wait for it................................................ ...............Nintendo!
Obviously cryptozoic would have to get the licensing to do so, but there's soooooo much they could build off that. Starting off with smash bros for example, all the different characters, weapons, equipment, locations, and bosses. It's expanded across 10+ years and 4 going on 5 titles? I think? And if not smash bros you have all the other great brands and Nintendo characters.

LexLuthorJr
10-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Which leads me into the most bad*** one I can think of, wait for it................................................ ...............Nintendo!
Obviously cryptozoic would have to get the licensing to do so, but there's soooooo much they could build off that. Starting off with smash bros for example, all the different characters, weapons, equipment, locations, and bosses. It's expanded across 10+ years and 4 going on 5 titles? I think? And if not smash bros you have all the other great brands and Nintendo characters.

I am actually in the process of making some custom cards with this very concept in mind. I have a bunch of stuff written down for possible Super Heroes, Super Villains, etc.

GuruGuru214
10-09-2015, 08:48 AM
That would be so fantastic. Clearly, the blue-backed Super-Villain would have to be Master Hand. And in a Crisis set, the final Impossible Mode villain would be Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Either that or Master Core.

I can only dream of a world where Cryptozoic manages to swing the licenses from both Nintendo and Sega to do a Rivals: Mario vs. Sonic.

Honestly, based on what I've seen of the licensed board games out there, Nintendo and Power Rangers may actually be two of the most realistic ideas I've seen thrown around here. I think the bigger stumbling block may be that Cryptozoic is already keeping themselves pretty busy churning out new DC sets.

GamerGurlAR88
10-09-2015, 02:57 PM
OMG Power Rangers......so many options and things you can do with that.

SpiritDetective
10-10-2015, 11:24 PM

The Legend of Korra

GuruGuru214
10-11-2015, 12:34 AM
It's a shame that nobody suggested Cartoon Network. It would've been awesome if someone had turned out to be right within a couple of days of posting.

I can't help but wonder if Crossover Crisis is going to be Cerberus Engine or something more like Penny Arcade. Wasn't able to tell at all from the NYCC pictures.

Marconi91
10-12-2015, 08:59 PM
It be nice if cryptozoic could give us a few insiders or drop some hints on new ones theryre working on for the cerebus engine, (wink wink) lol

Arrojacast
10-14-2015, 08:23 PM
I think a Greek Mythos set should be done, being a Cerberus engine and all...

BenJazz
10-15-2015, 06:40 AM
It's a shame that nobody suggested Cartoon Network. It would've been awesome if someone had turned out to be right within a couple of days of posting.

I can't help but wonder if Crossover Crisis is going to be Cerberus Engine or something more like Penny Arcade. Wasn't able to tell at all from the NYCC pictures.

It will be Cerberus but we don't know if it will be Heroes or something different.