PDA

View Full Version : Credit card stolen

Kersed
10-09-2015, 04:53 AM
Hope this never happens to anyone.

If you pay for platinum or VIP with a credit card and your credit card information gets stolen. Make sure your bank doesn't report Gameforge as fraud.

if they do, you have to deal with the horrible customer service from verify@gameforge.com

They don't answer any questions and will only accept a letter from your credit card company saying that your new credit card is not fraud. I don't know about other credit card companies but Chase will not write this letter for you.

I took actions as to even restore the funds reported as fraud back to Gameforge but they don't care and they will only help you with that letter.

Good luck!! hope this doesn't happen to you :)

Kami
10-09-2015, 05:11 AM
If you pay for platinum or VIP with a credit card and your credit card information gets stolen. Make sure your bank doesn't report Gameforge as fraud.
Generally speaking, if your bank or credit card company is informed by you that your credit card was stolen, they transfer you over to their fraud department and then go over the last several transactions with you to verify they are indeed legitimate. If your bank or credit card company did not do this, it is their fault. If they did do this and you skimmed over Gameforge's transactions and let them declare it as fraud, that is on you.

if they do, you have to deal with the horrible customer service from verify@gameforge.com
That's subjective. Nobody here knows the type of experience you had with Gameforge. Also if there was fraud involved (not in this case, but if there were), as a payment processor, it is their right to protect themselves.

They don't answer any questions and will only accept a letter from your credit card company saying that your new credit card is not fraud. I don't know about other credit card companies but Chase will not write this letter for you.
Well, yeah. If it's not from an official source, anyone can fake being you.

I took actions as to even restore the funds reported as fraud back to Gameforge but they don't care and they will only help you with that letter.
At this point, they can't guarantee you're who you say you are. At least if I was Gameforge, that's how I would err on the side of caution.

Good luck!! hope this doesn't happen to you :)
Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be predicted. You never know if your credit card would be stolen.

This is something you'll have to work out between yourself and Gameforge unfortunately.

In my opinion, the biggest problem that Gameforge seems to have currently is that they are only using someone's credit card or payment details as the sole means of verifying ownership of the account without sending them additional documentation. I could be wrong but that's what it feels like.

Kersed
10-09-2015, 05:19 AM
I agree with you. However, the charges they refunded to my account for fraud have been reported to my credit card company and sent back to them. They took this money back so if they still believe its fraud why on earth would they accept the money...

This would then mean they're taking money from a credit card they believe to be fraud..

Kami
10-09-2015, 05:39 AM
I agree with you. However, the charges they refunded to my account for fraud have been reported to my credit card company and sent back to them. They took this money back so if they still believe its fraud why on earth would they accept the money...

This would then mean they're taking money from a credit card they believe to be fraud..

I don't know how they process payment. It could be automated but because the card itself was flagged as fraud, any monies coming from that card are subject to scrutiny. As such, it would result in the situation you have here.

Kersed
10-09-2015, 05:55 AM
I don't know how they process payment. It could be automated but because the card itself was flagged as fraud, any monies coming from that card are subject to scrutiny. As such, it would result in the situation you have here.

The card flagged for fraud was replaced with a shiny new one. Their money was returned to them with the new card.. That should be enough proof especially when you have had billing history with them since Hex started using them for payment.

nicosharp
10-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Yet another reason to never buy plat directly from gameforge... As if there were not enough already.
However, I highly advise everyone to never get their credit cards stolen :)

Kersed
10-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Yet another reason to never buy plat directly from gameforge... As if there were not enough already.
However, I highly advise everyone to never get their credit cards stolen :)

Mine wasn't actually stolen :) Someone somehow still managed to go on a spending spree at a Walmart in Texas while I live in DC with my credit card information.

nicosharp
10-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Mine wasn't actually stolen :) Someone somehow still managed to go on a spending spree at a Walmart in Texas while I live in DC with my credit card information.
The card being stolen now refers to either it being copied when you buy something online, or in a store... Or the card itself being stolen. I don't think anyone nowadays expects the actual card to be missing..

Phenteo
10-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Kersed, I am trying to work with you via PMs. I have been reaching out to the team at Gameforge as I stated before. Please don't keep posting about it.