PDA

View Full Version : DMF Orlando Judge confirmation

pckid47
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
i would like to know if im confirmed at a volunteer Judge at DMF orlando, so i can buy the tickets. i got an email asking if i am still interested, which i responded yes to. so far i have not received a confirmation or a judge packet yet for this event.

demonfae
01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Check your PMs, sir.

DanCapt
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Did the judge packet go out yet?

Dismissile
01-19-2011, 07:53 AM
This will be my first time judging at a larger event. When will the judge packet go out? I would like to be as prepared as possible.

martinezjkind
01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Usually they will send out the judges an email confirming you have been chosen , then before the event they will send out a second email informing on what your possible job title will be .This is my experience from previous conventions and larger tourneys.

DarkSeverance
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM
This will be my first time judging at a larger event. When will the judge packet go out? I would like to be as prepared as possible.We should be getting them pretty soon. Usually it is about 2 weeks before the event when you'll get the judges packet. Sometimes closer to the event but the past couple times I've gotten it a couple weeks before-hand.

Dismissile
01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
We should be getting them pretty soon. Usually it is about 2 weeks before the event when you'll get the judges packet. Sometimes closer to the event but the past couple times I've gotten it a couple weeks before-hand.

Cool thanks.

soulzek
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Will we have to buy tickets? Are we buying tickets to the DMF or the thing that the DMF is inside? Where can I get the tickets right now? Does the judge packet go over this? I've never been to a DMF before so I'm a bit clueless.

DarkSeverance
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Tickets for the flight? You should of already taken care of that. If you are judging or working the event, you do not need to buy tickets or anything. Sign up/registration is usually done inside. The judge packet should cover all this.

mozu
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Go get'em Jack! Dark is right though guys, teh packet should be out soon, I know we are all looking forward to it. It will cover ALOT of teh questions you have regarding what you'll be doing and when.

soulzek
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Tickets for the flight? You should of already taken care of that. If you are judging or working the event, you do not need to buy tickets or anything. Sign up/registration is usually done inside. The judge packet should cover all this.

Ok. I was just referring to the location where the DMF will be like a convention building or whatever.

DarkSeverance
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Ok. I was just referring to the location where the DMF will be like a convention building or whatever.It isn't quite like a Convention where you have to get tickets to get in the door. It doesn't actually require tickets to attend. However some events do require registering which there is a fee and cost associated to those. Those events you sign up to them at the registration desk, unless its League then that is done at the League desk. Sometimes some sign-ups will be at the league desk though. Usually there are announcements if something changes. But it is open to anyone if they want to walk around, hang out and attend without the need to 'purchase tickets' just to be in the vicinity. It is meant to be a open and friendly environment for everyone.

pckid47
01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
just got the judge packet for orlando. will there be an hourly schedule for staff during the day?

skey23
01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
For DMFs, you work from open to close both days.

Your team lead(s) will schedule your break(s).

Vulosus
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Three days for this event simon ^^

martinezjkind
01-22-2011, 09:38 PM
nice to hear that the DMF is not 24 hours ongoing like it was for seattle, that was tiresome

Delphi_Vinn
01-23-2011, 03:19 AM
nice to hear that the DMF is not 24 hours ongoing like it was for seattle, that was tiresome

Perhaps, though it means we miss out on a lot of gaming :p.

Chinaman
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I was confirmed for the event but I dont show under any of the teams. Will I just be floating to wherever the need is?