PDA

View Full Version : Any Hype for Cartoon Network DBG?

homiegfunk03
10-22-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm a huge Cerberus engine fan so I'm pretty much chomping at the bit for any pack coming out. My SO is a pretty big fan of CN Fluxx so when I spotted the game in NYCC Day One post I got pretty excited. Any additional information/excitment for the game?

LexLuthorJr
10-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Looks fun, and I would like to try it. I am very concerned, however, that the cover art shows no sign of sugar, spice, or everything nice.

GamerGurlAR88
10-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Where can I find pictures?

Mac_Apple
10-23-2015, 06:23 PM
http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/spnet6/img/C/R/Y/0/2/CRY02141--Cartoon-Network-Crossover-Crisis.jpg

I don't know anything about this, or even if this image is legit, but just from this image --

Excitements:

-Samurai Jack and Aku <3
-No Camp Lazlo or Edd bullshit.
-Dexter
-Not excited for Steven himself, but excited for every other gem.
-Good job including popular characters from both new and old CN.

Disappointments:

-PPG isn't featured. Instead...
-The bird and the raccoon, and whoever their episodic villain is, are pieces of shit. Show was interesting for a minute, time for it to die.
-Like seriously, a sentient television... thing... over Mojo Jojo?
-So much Adventure Time everywhere with Cryptozoic. I expected it, but Finn, Jake, and Ice King are basically spammed on everything. If you're going to have Adventure Time, you don't need Regular Shit too.
-Why is it age 12 and up? CN lovers exist from 8 yrs. up, even younger.

Hoping for:

-I fully expect a PPG promo starting character. The one and only legitimate choice.
-Support cards from Billy and Mandy, KND, Megas XLR, Fosters, Courage, Juniper Lee, Symbionic Titan, Ben 10 (original), Johnny Bravo, and maybe Hanna Barbera.
-No presence of Johnny Test. At all. Seriously. I'll burn the card(s).
-HD character images, no screenshots.

I can basically forgive anything, though, because Samurai Jack. <3

TPlush
10-30-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm thinking that Finn & Jake, and Mordecai & Rigby would be a single oversized card each, or at least that is what I would hope, leaving 3 other oversized cards, plus a promo, maybe for something like Megas, the Powerpuff Girls, Courage, and maybe one of the really old characters like Yogi Bear or Fred Flintstone as the promo.

DocX
10-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Can't wait until this shows up in the Cartoon Network store downstairs from my office.

LexLuthorJr
11-03-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm hoping that since PPG have so many heroes and villains in the show, they might be given their own Crossover Pack. Probably not, but it's the only reason I can think of for not including them on the box art.

Stryyder
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
So wait...this is a thing? Seriously? If so, needs a page on BGG.

- Best they can do from classic CN is Dexter and Jack? Jack, ok, but Dexter? No PPG?
- Fin, Jake and Ice King are fine, but lets not turn this into CN Fluxx where half the cards were Adventure time. (Seriously, 7 different Keeper cards, where every other show had 3 or less)

Honestly, I'm way interested, but I can be easily disappointed, probably because I "grew out" of CN shortly after the original batch of "CartoonCartoon". I'll try it because it's Cerberus (right?) but I'd be much more interested in seeing extensions of the Anime or Capcom themes, or picking up something in the 80s nostalgia dept (DBZ or Transformers Cerberus, anyone?)

Matt_Hyra
12-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Finn/Jake
Mordecai/Rigby
These share an oversized.

Yes, it's Cerberus. That's all for now...

Mac_Apple
12-02-2015, 06:20 AM
The Aku card should cost like 100 and read "Every other character in this game is a joke compared to the Shogun of Sorrow, so if you buy this card, you win, simple as that" :p

LexLuthorJr
12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Finn/Jake
Mordecai/Rigby
These share an oversized.

Yes, it's Cerberus. That's all for now...

Any estimate as to when it will be released? Sounds like it's pretty far into design.

Matt_Hyra
12-02-2015, 11:05 AM
It's already done, actually.
Releasing in 2nd Quarter of 2016.

misoby
12-03-2015, 03:46 PM
@Matt - Any time frame on when someone will post an exclusive look or even maybe a preview build of cards/gameplay or new mechanics? Also when you say 2nd Q of 2016 ... What three months does that mean for your company ...

Matt_Hyra
12-03-2015, 03:53 PM
April-May-June

I'll post a preview in late March. Remind me then.

misoby
12-03-2015, 05:59 PM
With it being so late in R/D ... Will y'all let the forum members vote on a character/characteristics or anything To be playable in game :) ... Old school Cartoon Network fan ... I'm sure it would continue to build hype

Would love to see:
Space ghost
- courage
- Megas nods as well

Can't wait to see samurai jack since it's hitting Cartoon Network again next year

Matt_Hyra
12-04-2015, 11:42 AM
No voting. Cartoon Network gets the final say on who we can use.

Mac_Apple
12-13-2015, 09:40 AM
No voting. Cartoon Network gets the final say on who we can use.UGH.

I honestly hate that company anymore. They're basically contradictory to your company's motto.

Instead of "Fans First" they're "Numbers First", even when people practically cry for a proper return for their favorite shows. (Here's looking at you, Teen Titans)

At least Nick recognizes those kinds of fans... CN just shits on them by bastardizing their favorite shows. Which I hope they aren't doing to Samurai Jack (which was even highly censored by CN higher-ups back when Genndy made it).

Not to say the company shouldn't try to make money. But you can do it without canceling everything that doesn't interest kids with ADD.

(rant over)

LexLuthorJr
01-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Saw this ad online...

What kind of craziness ensues when cartoon worlds collide? Cartoon Network’s baddest adversaries are loose and it's up to you to stop them. Play as your favorite heroes from Cartoon Network’s past and present hit shows: Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Clarence, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter’s Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Regular Show, Samurai Jack and Steven Universe to take them down! Every main deck card is unique and brimming with Cartoon Network fan service!

In this wacky take on world-renown Cerberus Engine, you’ll find everything you’ve come to expect in a Cryptozoic game: high drama and hijinks! WEAKNESS cards are all unique, dangerous, and may cause a wringing of hands and stomping of feet. Fortunately, PRATFALL cards (which replace Vulnerabilities) are a great way to exit any scene (and get rid of Weaknesses).

Never before seen EVENT cards change things up in crazy ways when they appear out of the main deck. They may literally cause a stomping of feet. Or outlandish zoo animal noises, and more! You never know who will be the next victim, but everyone is in on the hilarity! In the end, only one player will be left laughing, as this is a competitive game. You didn’t really think all these characters would work together in peace and harmony, did you?

Contents:
206 Game Cards
9 Oversized Character Cards + 1 Promo Oversized Character card
1 Rulebook

Players: 2-5
Ages: 15+
Playtime: 30-45 min

GuruGuru214
01-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Huh. Lots of interesting things there. I'm excited to see how it plays.

TenDropChris
01-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Can't wait for the Adult Swim themed second set where you can play as DeathClock form Metalocolypse, the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Rick and Morty.

Dr. Wired NEEDS to be a character.

insightfulstrike
01-13-2016, 11:34 AM
So wait...this is a thing? Seriously? If so, needs a page on BGG.

- Best they can do from classic CN is Dexter and Jack? Jack, ok, but Dexter? No PPG?
- Fin, Jake and Ice King are fine, but lets not turn this into CN Fluxx where half the cards were Adventure time. (Seriously, 7 different Keeper cards, where every other show had 3 or less)

Honestly, I'm way interested, but I can be easily disappointed, probably because I "grew out" of CN shortly after the original batch of "CartoonCartoon". I'll try it because it's Cerberus (right?) but I'd be much more interested in seeing extensions of the Anime or Capcom themes, or picking up something in the 80s nostalgia dept (DBZ or Transformers Cerberus, anyone?)

I made a page for it on BGG, but it doesn't look like it has been approved.

misoby
02-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Less than a month an new information hopefully ... Maybe Matt could sneak a video or pictures of some cards :)

insightfulstrike
02-24-2016, 12:50 PM
So I see that the page was approved, I don't know the actual time it took to be approved.

The4gotNdeath
02-24-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm a huge Cerberus engine fan so I'm pretty much chomping at the bit for any pack coming out. My SO is a pretty big fan of CN Fluxx so when I spotted the game in NYCC Day One post I got pretty excited. Any additional information/excitment for the game?

Honestly im more hype that samurai jack (the show) is comin back from the dead

The4gotNdeath
02-24-2016, 12:58 PM
And actuallyim kinda dissapointed that Kids Next Door isnt in this

NKenn
02-25-2016, 02:14 AM
I mean, if CN has to give approval, they're going to approve shows that have best ratings on Boomerang (apparently include Johnny Bravo and Courage?), as well as their shows they're trying to promote now (including Samurai Jack because reboot). You also have to consider audience. I noticed none of the shows listed were some of CN's "girly" shows (like PPG), even if they would lend themselves very well to this type of game. CN probably considered that before giving Crypto the list of characters they could use. If this set is successful, that list may grow. The only thing we as players can do to see more of our favorites is to buy this set quickly and make sure that CN gets the money off of it they're looking for. They've been successful (I'm assuming?) by letting Crypto use Adventure Time, so we need to show them that this will be a success too.

...Plus I just really hate male-centric games. Like really CN, I know it's a primarily male audience, but come on. Girls play these too.

shadowking01
02-26-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm not too sure about this set because of a few shows selected, I would have prefered Powerpuff Girls and maybe Ben 10 over Clarence and World of Gumball.

sara.miguel
02-29-2016, 12:31 PM
To those asking about PPG. They are in the middle of rebooting the series. That's why they were not included. They're getting all spiffed up! :)

sara.miguel
02-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Also, I should note that there is a Twitter give away for CNDBG! You should all head over there!

misoby
02-29-2016, 12:45 PM
I wish there was another way to win for those of us who don't like Twitter ....

LexLuthorJr
02-29-2016, 02:13 PM
To those asking about PPG. They are in the middle of rebooting the series. That's why they were not included. They're getting all spiffed up! :)

So perhaps a Crossover Pack after the reboot?

misoby
03-03-2016, 10:05 AM
@sara any chance that somewhere other than Twitter will get a chance to win the game? :)

gerrymul
03-03-2016, 11:03 AM
They gave away 3 on Facebook the other day.

misoby
03-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Darn me without a Facebook account ... Guess I'm the old guy in the room that doesn't do social media all that well