PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Harvest

Shaqattaq
10-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Greetings foolish mortals! We’re hauntingly tickled to announce our Haunted Harvest to be celebrated throughout Entrath. This ghoulishly delightful event takes place starting on Monday, October 26 at 10AM Pacific /6PM CET (Worldclock) and ends on Monday, November 9 at 10AM Pacific/7PM CET (Worldclock). Please be aware, my lovelies, that there is a timezone change for CEST to CET on October 25 and the US will change from Daylight Savings to Standard time on November 1st.

Here we present two delectable cards, one PvP AA card and one new PvE card, and a Haunted Harvest sleeve! All are exclusive to Haunted Harvest 2015.

https://www.hextcg.com/haunted-harvest/

Edit:

Quick update, we apologize for the confusion, but the Bow of Soul's Chill equipment for Harvester's Reaper will not function until the next patch.

Zophie
10-23-2015, 11:49 AM
I first read the Bow of Soul's Chill as Bowl of Soul Chili and then I realized it was lunch time

Also, those cards look great and I LOVE the Ethereal Caller AA/sleeves, can't wait to get these! :D

KingGabriel
10-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Too spooky for me. :eek:

chromus
10-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Love the Halloween theme :) Questions:
1. 1 copy of the PvE card is guaranteed to drop from every boss? DC perk does not apply?
2. Does DC perk increase the chances of getting those equips from the 2nd and 4th tier bosses?
3. Does the Rare equipment have a lower chance to drop than the Uncommon equipment?

Khendral
10-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Love those sleeves!!! By the way, you seem to have forgotten about the AA Phantom in the update ;)

Lafoote
10-23-2015, 12:01 PM
The cards looks great! So long as the Bow isn't another Stormcoat it should be a fun event!

Shaqattaq
10-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Love those sleeves!!! By the way, you seem to have forgotten about the AA Phantom in the update ;)

Ghosts are always difficult in the way they flicker in and out, but we've now shackled him to this world so all can see him.

nicosharp
Cool, and thanks for making the drop chance not be a nightmare (as far as we can tell).

Let the AA Phantoms be a surprise :)

Also, I just want to say how epic those sleeves are. (I like that they stray from saying HEX - We all know what game we are playing :))

Kami
Well... now I know what I'll be doing on my birthday.

Svenn
10-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Yes! This looks fantastic. I love the sleeves!

Daer
10-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Both the AAs and the sleeve look fantastic. Nice that these holiday cards/equipment are easy to get.

Mejis
10-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Awesome stuff. Can't wait to get a playset of each.

I especially love that you've made the PvE card so easy to get, very generous.

hex_colin
10-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Look at the Regular and AA Caller art side by side. It's very cool how all of the visual elements from the original have been maintained, but in the holiday theme.

Edswor
10-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Great AA and sleeves but also great to see pve cards from this type of events.

Fred
10-23-2015, 01:23 PM
I thought the orange rarity on PvE cards meant that the card was AI-only. How can we differentiate between an AI-only card and a player obtainable AA PvE card?

Mejis
10-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I thought the orange rarity on PvE cards meant that the card was AI-only. How can we differentiate between an AI-only card and a player obtainable AA PvE card?

Good spot.
I noticed in the card manager this was rare, ie blue, pve colour, so maybe it got changed?

Khendral
10-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Ghosts are always difficult in the way they flicker in and out, but we've now shackled him to this world so all can see him.

Ahhh, those pesky spirits...

Look at the Regular and AA Caller art side by side. It's very cool how all of the visual elements from the original have been maintained, but in the holiday theme.

Nice touch, I wouldn't have noticed by myself. Maybe, just maybe, when the veil thins during the haunted harvest, ethereal callers become somewhat witch-like from tampering too much with the afterworld...or it's just how Entrath is perceived from across the veil that separates the living from the dead.

Edit: fixed a quote's author...you may have heard of him.

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Well Harvester's Reaper not an AA as he never existed till this week.

plaguedealer
10-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Will happily get a aa playset of caller. Could be a serious reanimator card some day.

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 02:04 PM
So is Harvester's Reaper a promo card and we need gold dust or a rare? Make up your minds :s

GoryWriter
10-23-2015, 02:29 PM
I think I know what my new favorite sleeve is going to be. While I don't intend to get a playset of Ethereal Caller, I'll definitely be after those Reapers and their equipment.

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 02:35 PM
I think I know what my new favorite sleeve is going to be. While I don't intend to get a playset of Ethereal Caller, I'll definitely be after those Reapers and their equipment.

I do want at least one Caller

Shaqattaq
10-23-2015, 02:39 PM

Good catch. That was wrong. I guess there were some tricks in our treats.

You'll now see the card rarity is blue, and in case anyone is wondering we'll also eventually change our promo card color so it's not overlapping with AI-only card colors.

Vorsa
10-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Great art, great consistency of art, and spectacular sleeves - really like festival logo putting in appearance (a first in Hex?). :cool:

Nice to see no 'chase' items, though perhaps a bit too easy - if there's such a thing with lovely free gifts!
I intend to get a complete set of the PvE rewards on the first night, but I'm sure Hex data hoarders no what % of the overall playerbase completes T2 twice a fortnight currently - couldn't ask for a better start to a working week, regardless. :D

Rycajo
10-23-2015, 03:15 PM
If the equipment is given at random after Tier 2 boss and after Tier 4 boss, why do they have different rarity? Unless you meant random based on a drop rate like 4 uncommon to 1 rare, etc?

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 03:15 PM

You'll now see the card rarity is blue, and in case anyone is wondering we'll also eventually change our promo card color so it's not overlapping with AI-only card colors.

Make AA pink

Lafoote
10-23-2015, 03:39 PM

I think we would definitely prefer to have a specific color designation for AA cards. Perhaps, they could retain their original card rarity color, but on AA the symbol could GLOW. We're digital after all, why stick to convention.

Rycajo
10-23-2015, 03:45 PM
I think we would definitely prefer to have a specific color designation for AA cards. Perhaps, they could retain their original card rarity color, but on AA the symbol could GLOW. We're digital after all, why stick to convention.

I like this. It is actually a little annoying having the AA color overwrite the original rarity color. Perhaps make the container for the rarity color be a hexagon instead of a circle?

Spiredore
10-23-2015, 07:23 PM

Could be just me, but wouldn't it make more sense to change the AI-only color? Players are familiar with the orange color for promos, and changing it will require changes to all the promo cards already released, whereas none of us has seen an AI-only card in the wild, and their art assests are (presumably) still being assembled so there would be less. revision of exisiting items.

(Plus, wouldn't this be the third thing the orange color has meant in the game's lifetime? Poor thing just can't settle down.)

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 07:42 PM
I like this. It is actually a little annoying having the AA color overwrite the original rarity color. Perhaps make the container for the rarity color be a hexagon instead of a circle?

There is a detail on AA cards there is a bronze border around the rarity color and faction

Xenavire
10-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Could be just me, but wouldn't it make more sense to change the AI-only color? Players are familiar with the orange color for promos, and changing it will require changes to all the promo cards already released, whereas none of us has seen an AI-only card in the wild, and their art assests are (presumably) still being assembled so there would be less. revision of exisiting items.

(Plus, wouldn't this be the third thing the orange color has meant in the game's lifetime? Poor thing just can't settle down.)

Yes, I must keep my Orange AA shinies! (Don't take my orange away!) But Spiredore is mistaken - all the unique PvE cards that the AI plays (Word of Xentoth, for example) already use the same colour, which makes things a little confusing for some. Just change the PvE card colour and we are golden.

KingGabriel
10-24-2015, 03:14 AM
Yes, I must keep my Orange AA shinies! (Don't take my orange away!) But Spiredore is mistaken - all the unique PvE cards that the AI plays (Word of Xentoth, for example) already use the same colour, which makes things a little confusing for some. Just change the PvE card colour and we are golden.
I miss AA's being purple...

ryuukan
10-24-2015, 05:33 AM
Does dungeon crawler work with these drops or are you seriously going to make me complete an entire arena run for a playset

Xenavire
10-24-2015, 06:06 AM
Does dungeon crawler work with these drops or are you seriously going to make me complete an entire arena run for a playset

10 fights isn't much (15 if you are paranoid about Uruunaz.) Plus you may have to go again anyway for the equips, you never know how rare they are.

Phenteo
10-24-2015, 12:19 PM

I'll have to double-check on Monday. But I believe so. Though, don't quote me on that just yet.

ryuukan
10-24-2015, 12:51 PM
I'll have to double-check on Monday. But I believe so. Though, don't quote me on that just yet.

look at this prompt service

Cory should treat you to a bowl of soul's chili next week

MrSeriousBsns
10-25-2015, 05:55 AM
I love halloween and I love Hex... so this is doubly exciting for me!

I was so pumped, I even spent my weekend making up a little video promo for the event

http://youtu.be/c_dtyaATjeg

Happy Haunted Harvest!

WolfCrypt
10-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Haha that's pretty cool.

Extraneous
10-26-2015, 07:33 AM
Seems like it would combo nicely with Horrific Poltergeist. I'm certainly going to pick a few up.

nickon
10-26-2015, 09:44 AM
And Reaper Bot of course :)

The Hauuuuuuuuuuunted Haaaaaaaarvest is going to begin soon *MUHAHAHAH*

Lisa89
10-26-2015, 10:05 AM
lol, awesome job MrSeriousBsns! :D

Phenteo
10-26-2015, 11:31 AM

The answer is yes, yes it does. :)

MrSeriousBsns
10-27-2015, 02:28 AM
Haha that's pretty cool.

lol, awesome job MrSeriousBsns! :D

Thank you very much!

Phenteo
10-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Quick update, we apologize for the confusion, but the Bow of Soul's Chill equipment for Harvester's Reaper will not function until the next patch.

Yoss
10-27-2015, 05:30 PM
NO BOWL OF SOUL CHILI?!?! *ragequit*

KingGabriel
10-28-2015, 11:25 AM

Due to having to exorcise the now-haunted servers. *

HEXahedron
10-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Due to having to exorcise the now-haunted servers. *

The ghost of Jon the Server Hamster has been particularly restless this past week...

Aradon
10-28-2015, 07:51 PM
The ghost of Jon the Server Hamster has been particularly restless this past week...

He must have died a... gristly death.

elfstone
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
A dungeon must now have a server hamster ghost. This must become a thing!

Phenteo
10-29-2015, 10:34 AM
A dungeon must now have a server hamster ghost. This must become a thing!

I'll let the designers know. ;)