PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Spooky Scary

Shaqattaq
10-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi HEXers! There’s no Invitational Qualifier tomorrow because it’s VIP weekend. Before we talk about the tasty alternate art cards to be won this weekend, let's get into the holiday spirit.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-spooky-scary/

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Holy crap! I love the Marabas!!

Vorsa
10-23-2015, 05:07 PM
There appears to be a technical problem with this update - I am throwing money at the screen, yet I still don't have a playset of Stalker of Marbaras in my collection.
*throws more money at screen*
*feeds credit card into disc drive*

Also Contract Killing is a phenomenal card, and would be effusing about it where it not sharing a screen with Stalker of Marbaras.

I wouldn't want to be the shard following this act...

~~~~~~~

Just wanted to add that - while Stalker of Marbaras is too bonkers for PvP - I admire the balanced design work that went in to him.

1. Have to be mono-blood (without too many fancy neutral resources either) else supremely confident of shard fixing (I love mono decks myself).

2. Have to spend the 3 health on your own turn & then trust the opponent isn't going to remove your 1 defense troop before the pay-off can occur the following turn.

An extraordinary card, but with the potential for 2 sources of excitement/tension; the "I can turn the game around if I just get my 3rd blood!" aspect, and the "please don't die please don't die!" aspect.

Although he's still got 2 pieces of equipment to come, and there are a lot of Vampire aficionados on this here board... :o

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 05:10 PM
I'd love to have him what with constantly killing tokens the price of both cards mean little to a proper Shin'Hare blood deck

bootlace
10-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Stalker of Marbaras + Spectral Lotus sounds a bit... insane. Are we sure we want people drawing 18 cards on beginning of turn 2?

vulture27
10-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its weird we are revealing a card to the computer who couldn't care less?

bootlace
10-23-2015, 06:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its weird we are revealing a card to the computer who couldn't care less?

The hope is that the AI will be smart enough to play around things like this (they'll save their big troops or maybe play no troops). Supposedly the AI doesn't cheat (play based on what's in your hand) so it does seem relevant in the grand scheme of things.

Shaqattaq
10-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Yup, the computer doesn't cheat. It doesn't know what's in your hand until you reveal it. Plus, you ever played in a format where you could battle with PVE cards, your human opponent would be able to see it. It future-proofs the card in that way.

facade
10-23-2015, 06:33 PM

And if a computer player started losing 2 life a turn, I would like to know the reason. Especially since it would be interesting to play around.

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Wow I can't wait to see the dungeon that these suckers come out of.

Shaqattaq
10-23-2015, 08:20 PM
"Spike counter" is insaaaaaaaaaaaaane :o

WolfCrypt
10-23-2015, 08:26 PM
"Spike counter" is insaaaaaaaaaaaaane :o

Oh I know as a future fluff addition make different tokens for counters

Showsni
10-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Spike card uses spike counters? :)

Not quite as good as Necropotence, obviously, but certainly reminiscent of it! Just need to find some ways to ensure it survives...

Edswor
10-24-2015, 01:19 AM
I hope in the future we see that each type of counter has it's own graphics/icon in the game.

RCDv57
10-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Marabaras could also be used as a cheeky way to bring Endbringer online, or give Gortezuma invincible.