PDA

View Full Version : Hex Puzzle Contest

Yoss
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/perhexing-puzzle-010-the-ultimate-sacrifice/

They only posted this on reddit, not sure why not here.

OutlandishMatt
11-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Because it would be posted in our Monday posting of the episode! Sheesh. :-P

Kami
11-03-2015, 06:10 AM
Because it would be posted in our Monday posting of the episode! Sheesh. :-P

Excuses, excuses...

Although I do wonder if I did figure it out. :P

Salverus
11-03-2015, 09:18 AM
thank you for posting it here, I hadn't seen it yet and I really like these kind of puzzles.

*send email, but forgot to add my name :rolleyes:

Makizushi
12-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Excuses, excuses...

Although I do wonder if I did figure it out. :P

All y'all are obviously much smarter than I am :D Makes it clear why even the Arena AI beats me sometimes :p

I'll keep on trying though. I've seen folks say it's possible, so there must be a way!

For my own sanity's sake: this needs to happen in ONE turn? Can't siphon back to health a bit and re-use all the troops that Myrym would revive?

Flairina
12-05-2015, 08:18 AM
It's perfectly possible to do in one turn- in fact, I'm pretty sure you can go OVER 18 damage to some extent. However I do wonder if we're a bit too late, given that this started at the beginning of November. Fun to do though!

Yoss
12-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Yes, it's definitely possible to not only kill on the same turn, but to have overkill.

Makizushi
12-05-2015, 12:00 PM
As I said: that goes to show why I'm the perpetual newbie around these parts :D Been playing since the start of Alpha and I still can't figure this one out :D Here goes another try!

EDIT:

However I do wonder if we're a bit too late, given that this started at the beginning of November. Fun to do though!
I do believe Matt indicated he'd let the contest run for another week, until the next episode.

EDIT2:
This is where I must admit shame... Madame Anana's power, would that be inherited by "Pile of Bones"? I think it might. But certainly not by the Shroom's hoppers, right? That'd be too odd.

Halsey
12-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Yes, the bones inherit, the hoppers do not, transform vs. create.

Makizushi
12-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Yes, the bones inherit, the hoppers do not, transform vs. create.

Cheers...

Well, can't get it over 17 resources without going into a next turn and using Myrym... I'll keep a lookout for the solution once it's revealed :D That'll teach me something I'm sure!