PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Calling All Casters

Shaqattaq
11-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi HEXers! We hope you're enjoying Throwback Draft and Sealed Deck formats. Shards of Fate tournaments are back for the next 10 days and we're also hosting a giveaway this weekend! You only have a few days to enter and potentially win some Shards of Fate packs, so enter today.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-calling-all-casters/

Xenavire
11-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Man, I wish I had the skills you are looking for, I'd love to work my butt off for a chance to visit with room and board all paid.

Maybe if there was a space open for best QA Volunteer, I could have a fighting chance... :p

Gwaer
11-21-2015, 02:13 AM
It clearly should be Pentachills, and JJ.

Salverus
11-21-2015, 04:43 AM
that catapult looks nice, especially in combination with its equipment in a shin'hare deck
also the video behind the 'prickly ammo' link shows
Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States :(

Vorsa
11-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Not a card that immediately screams "must-have!", but with equipment it would seem to have turn 6 combo potential with every shard...

Blood = Shin'hare/Shroomkin + crazy combos with Monsuun, Harvest of Souls and the like.
Diamond = Spirits for twice the sacrifice.
Ruby = Failed orc rush contingency, Army of the Arcane Cinder, Sly Huntress.
Sapphire = Ideally Mirror Knight & Storm Cloud, or dwarves churning out Worker Bots.
Wild = Shin'hare, but also elf tribal or specific cards like Heart of the Wrathwood.
Artifact = Worker Bots via dwarves, or Scrapyard robots.

In terms of new/FTP player accessibility, a definite win condition for mono-ruby Sly Huntress decks - sacrifice just enough to clear the board and then storm across unopposed with remaining foxes & squishy pyromancers.

Crota
11-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to doing a submission to casting Hex. I have some casting experience but would like any pointers once I do my submission. Always looking to get better at casting regardless of which game I'm casting.

yoyogod
11-21-2015, 10:39 AM
that catapult looks nice, especially in combination with its equipment in a shin'hare deck
also the video behind the 'prickly ammo' link shows

Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States
:(

Don't worry. The video doesn't have anything to do with Hex. It's a link to a recent episode of One Piece where one of the villains causes a bunch of prickly ammo-like balls to rain down on one the guy he's fighting.

Chadatog
11-22-2015, 12:41 PM
It clearly should be Pentachills, and JJ.

I think Hacky would round out the crew.

Dorkelvania
11-22-2015, 02:00 PM
I can't believe you guys passed up the opportunity to use Rot Caster as the pic for "Calling all casters."

OutlandishMatt
11-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Here's a question, will the commentators also be in charge of running the stream or will there be a 3rd person? Does someone need to be good at graphics and running Xsplit or OBS? What the deadline for entries?

Matt

Chark
11-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Here's a question, will the commentators also be in charge of running the stream or will there be a 3rd person? Does someone need to be good at graphics and running Xsplit or OBS? What the deadline for entries?

Matt

Nah, we have a crew to run the broadcast. Casters will be the on-screen personalities only. They may have some controls at their disposal, but are not responsible for graphics package, timing of segments for the broadcast or anything like that.

OutlandishMatt
11-23-2015, 06:17 AM
What is the deadline for entry?

Shaqattaq
11-23-2015, 11:24 AM
We'll start looking at applications this weekend. There's no hard deadline, but we will choose applicants quickly in order to spend some time developing the broadcast team.

Crota
12-03-2015, 09:20 AM
How many caster/reporter positions will there be? I know there will most likely be multiple games being played at the same time and being able to choose and follow a specific player is something many would want to do.

Shaqattaq
12-03-2015, 11:14 PM
How many caster/reporter positions will there be? I know there will most likely be multiple games being played at the same time and being able to choose and follow a specific player is something many would want to do.

There is one play-by-play, one color commentator (these positions are different and complimentary)
There is one reporter who will be both on camera (and likely writing blog entries as well)

While that's a fine idea to allow players to follow any game, that makes for a suboptimal broadcast at this point for HEX. Fractured audience, exponential staff needs, etc..