PDA

View Full Version : Couple of DC crisis game do's and donts

Allete
12-02-2015, 04:24 PM
After going through many crisis games with a group of friends (many wins, more losses), I have definitely seen certain decisions that could change the outcome of the game to cause a win or a definite loss. Some major points that ive seen to help:

1. Dont buy more than 2 kicks. Ideally, you want different colors/types in a small deck. Having too many kicks will add to the superpowers you will later be buying, making it hard to beat a crisis like Atlantis Attacks.

2. Careful with Rise of the Rot. Ive found it easier to just eat the weaknesses and take the whole weakness stack if everyone still has large decks from the crisis appearing too early.

3. Dont beat Vandal Savage/Ra's Al Ghul without making the lineup a reasonable size. Frozen City/Draining Emotional Spectrum do come out 2nd, more than you think.

4. Make sure destruction and defenses are distributed evenly. Even if someone has Crisis Booster Gold, it is still better for everyone to get 1 defense first.

5. Keep your color/types in your deck even to an extent, regardless of your hero.

6. Most of all (and the causes for at least 90% of losses), DONT BE GREEDY. Don't think you need 20 superpowers if you bought Man of Steel, or think you need every ring because you bought Kyle Rayner.

Anyone to add any comments or other notes that could help with winning the game.

StormKing
12-03-2015, 05:02 AM
I'm gonna strongly disagree on #4. If someone is Crisis Booster Gold, giving them all the Defense cards and virtually nothing else can do wonders. Crisis Booster Gold can be the world's greatest hero... if you'd just let him. ;)

#6 is absolutely true, though.

SpiritDetective
12-03-2015, 11:04 AM
I feel like this list is going to change once Crisis 3 comes out.

aoineko
12-03-2015, 11:21 AM
6. Most of all (and the causes for at least 90% of losses), DONT BE GREEDY. Don't think you need 20 superpowers if you bought Man of Steel, or think you need every ring because you bought Kyle Rayner.

The true secret to Crisis.

gerrymul
12-03-2015, 11:46 AM
I concur that #6 is the key. Spending all their power every turn is a hard habit for many players to break. Same goes for buying those 7 cost cards once they are in the lineup. You are often better off leaving them in place in case they are required by a Crisis than having them in your deck.
Once we see who all the Superheroes are we usually have brief discussion over who should be focusing on which types of cards for acquisition throughout. If your deck is around 20 cards you really only need 1-2 of each color/type to work your way through the Crises. The defenses have to be spread around if you have the Death in the Family Crisis in the stack.

StormKing
12-03-2015, 03:37 PM
I feel like this list is going to change once Crisis 3 comes out.

Hmmm. In a way you are correct.

GuruGuru214
12-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Any idea when we might be getting a peek at Crisis 3?

Matt_Hyra
12-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Any idea when we might be getting a peek at Crisis 3?

A few weeks prior to the release.

Allete
12-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Problem on #4 is multiple things. We have gone all defense on crisis booster gold, and wasted too much time beating immortal villain because that player never had 5 power in his hand due to too many drawing defenses. It can be vary depending on amount of players and early destruction. Set 2 defenses just don't have the +2 power that the base set has.

This is actually another issue with ppl buying early legion flight rings or plastic mans before beating immortal villain. Makes it usually longer to get past the crisis, especially in a 5man crisis.

I also strongly agree with leaving some higher cost in the lineup sometimes. With small decks in late game, it could be hard to have the different costs for seven deadly sins or have the right costs for final countdown.