PDA

View Full Version : For my level of game play, seemed too easy

twolfe
12-13-2015, 01:32 PM
I haven't played with my friends yet, but I played through the the first section of the first campaign by myself. It seemed that there was no threat from the ghosts. I was able to send back 5 ghosts to the ghost world, level my characters to either just level 2 or nearly level 3, and more than half left in the ghost world (most escaped near the end when I went solely for the portal and ignored the ghosts [explained next]). It was easy to notice that after closing the first gate and heading for the second, that ghosts didn't move and were more road blocks than threats.

My question is, "Is there a way to make the ghosts more of a threat so that it balances the game play between making ghosts and portals priorities?"

I was thinking about some options before playing with my friends (possible to use more than one):

1.) When setting up the board, have there be a 50/50 chance the starter ghosts are impossible ( roll a die, 1-3 : regular, 4-6 : impossible) (again, this makes the capturing harder, but ghosts still not a threat).

2.) At the end of everyone's turn, but before portal role, all ghosts that were not in combat and are do not have Los of a Ghostbuster move one space in a random direction.

3.) At the end of everyone's turn, but before portal role, all ghosts within LoS of a Ghostbuster and that were not in combat moves as if the nearest Ghostbuster missed (ties settled first by highest experience, then a die roll)

4.) If the chaos symbol is not rolled, all ghosts that were not in combat move one space in a random direction.

I know that the Chaos symbol is supposed to move any ghost within LoS of a Ghostbuster, but there is only a .167 chance of that happening and I rolled it once in the 15ish turns it took me to complete the mission.

Any suggestions on my list or of your own? http://forums.cryptozoic.com/images/smilies/confused.png

MattMurdock
12-13-2015, 02:30 PM
The first mission of the first campaign is very easy, the difficulty steps up from there. In my view it is designed to be easy so that you can teach people how to play as you go. It also lets you farm lots of XP that you will need for later missions. The missions get a little harder as you progress through the campaign (the final against slimer was the only one we failed on the first go)

Try campaign 2 if you are after a greater challenge, as those missions are a lot harder, and campaign 3 even more so I imagine from looking at the missions :)

twolfe
12-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Ok, thanks. I was wondering if that was the case. I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and look at it.

Werechicken
12-13-2015, 06:40 PM
And play with friends! its way more fun

Starheart
12-19-2015, 06:39 AM
I have recently played scenario 1-1 and it did seem a little easy. With that in mind, one reason I invested the Impossible Mode ghost. Hoping to increase the longevity.

Werechicken
12-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Again, the first scenario is easy to build up XP. Talk to me when you're on scenario 1-4.

The_Xavious
12-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Scenario 2 of Slimer Situation seemed pretty danged easy to me. Egon and Ray were both level 4 while we threw in two fresh characters starting at level 1 for this scenario. Egon ended up level five, Ray still level 4, and the other two characters (Rookie and Kylie) were level 2 each. I have been avoiding throwing in any of the extra ghosts aside from the fearsome flushes, thinking they'd raise the difficulty too much, but I think I'm going to have to throw some Cathulu spawn in next game. We never really had any particular risk in this scenario, the burst gates weren't really that much of a concern (at least when compared to the releasing gates of scenario 1), and Egon can single-handedly handle any ghost thrown at him without needing backup. I think the overall lack of level 3 ghosts was a big factor.

Starheart
12-19-2015, 09:20 PM
I just finished the slimer scenario and once you get to 1-3 and 1-4 it gets pretty difficult. It was an epic fight with slimer and loved the imagery that it inspired. The stream tokens fit perfectly over Slimer and looks great. Look forward to taking on the rest of the baddies.

Meankeb
12-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Agree, the first scenario of the campaign tends to be an XP gaining fest. However, my group has had at least two instances where the dice just wouldn't fall in our favor. We end up with everyone but Ray stuck at level 1 for a 15-minute reenactment of the ballroom scene from GB1.