PDA

View Full Version : Other Ghosts that could be used.

MattMurdock
12-30-2015, 06:18 PM
With a recent comment that was made about how so many of the iconic ghosts are locked in as kickstarter exclusives, I thought perhaps we could brainstorm any other ghosts that featured either in the movies, video game or the cartoon series that Cryptozoic could pull from to make an awesome expansion :)

I have always had a soft spot for Murray the Mantis :D (expansion pack boss with a battle against Stay Puft? :D)

Also there are Stay Pufts Mallow-spawn from the Video Game. (including the way they explode and slime everyone around then when they "pop" when you hit them)

Meankeb
12-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Would be ridiculously hokey, but they could easily release a Ghostbuster themed expansion after the animated version with Kasey the gorilla, and all the accompanying ghosts...

MattMurdock
12-31-2015, 02:18 PM
There is also the Paper Constructs from the Library in the Video game - which could use a dash ability http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ghostbusters/images/4/4a/PaperConstructinGBTVGRVsc01.png/revision/latest?cb=20130217225735
and the Book Golem
both of which would work brilliantly with the library tile set already created.

MattMurdock
12-31-2015, 02:46 PM
For the Segwick tiles already created there could be
Bellhop Ghosts 4095
Cabdelabrums 4096
Kitchen Golem (like book golem but pots and pans)
Pappy Sargassi (who could also work well with a docks tileset 4097
Chef Sargossa http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Chef_Ghost
Cook Ghost http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Cook_Ghost
(Heck, we have enough here to have a restaurant tile set???)
Don't forget Sloth Ghost too http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Sloth_Ghost

Could also have a docks/industrial tileset with Pappy (as mentioned above) and
Construction worker ghost http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Construction_Worker_Ghost
Hobo Ghost http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Hobo_Ghost
There is also the Titanic Ghosts from GBII 4098

Crazy1van
12-31-2015, 04:23 PM
All the (videogame) Sedgewick Ghosts would make for a great campaign.

Brandon_the_Wut
01-01-2016, 06:54 AM
A ghost that could offer interesting rules interactions with other ghosts could be Ghash, who "eats" other ghosts to become stronger. He could have his own tracker to track how powerful he gets and show which abilities he gains as he gets stronger.

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghash

ItchyAaron
02-01-2016, 09:07 AM
From Ghostbusters 2:
Viggo the Carpathian and The Scoleri Brothers

ItchyAaron
02-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Another idea is to look through urban legends and classic "ghosty" horror movies for inspiration for some original ghosts to salt in with the ones from the cartoon and movies. For example:
-Thin Man
-Freddy Krueger (lightened up and given mechanics similar to Sandman, perhaps?)
-The Jersey Devil
-Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti

Note: I didn't watch the show much as a kid. I'm sure they covered a lot of classic "ghost/horror themes" but I don't know what they were.

Another idea along the same theme would be to have a set of ghosts loosely based upon "The Shining." These could follow similar mechanics to the Galloping Ghouls, Gruesome Twosome, Boogaloo Manifestation progression
-Class 1: The ghost from The Ring. Two combine to form:
-Class 2: The twins from the shining. Two combine to form:
-Class 3: A Topiary ghost? A Boogaloo Manifestation? Something else? My idea breaks down here.

Another idea: The three little pigs
-Class 1: Pig ghost. Either a normal looking pig or an anthropomorphic pig-child. Two combine to form:
-Class 2: Double pig ghost. If normal pigs, just stand one on top of the other. If anthropomorphic, have them holding hands. Combines with a third pig to form:
-Class 3: The Big Bad Wolf. Essentially this allows them to bring a werewolf ghost in. Could also be replaced with the Kickstarter Excluses Werechicken Ghost that follows the same mechanics as the base Big Bad Wolf.
--If a double pig lands in the same space as another double pig, they go through. Only the three little pigs combine to form the Big Bad Wolf.

sara.miguel
02-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Another idea is to look through urban legends and classic "ghosty" horror movies for inspiration for some original ghosts to salt in with the ones from the cartoon and movies. For example:
-Thin Man
-Freddy Krueger (lightened up and given mechanics similar to Sandman, perhaps?)
-The Jersey Devil
-Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti

Oh my glob. If we got a yeti in the game...:cool:

stevenbiggie
02-05-2016, 08:23 PM
How about Houdini's Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters? Now this guy was a pain in the butt to trap. The first time they caught him he escaped the ghost trap in a matter of seconds.They trapped him in a ghost trap again but this time Venkman wrapped a chain around the ghost trap to keep it shut, but once again Houdini's Ghost escaped the ghost trap a second time. They Trapped him a third time this time wrapping the ghost trap with chains and dropping it in a container of quick drying cement. (this seemed to hold him until it was accidentally broken in half allowing Houdini's ghost to once again escape. At first the Ghostbusters Don't even Know it's Houdini's Ghost. until he keeps escaping. Then they figure it out. Houdini is not an evil ghost in this episode he is just misunderstood at first.

stevenbiggie
02-05-2016, 08:31 PM
How about Al Capone's Ghost from The real Ghostbusters cartoon. Proton deflecting baseball bat Included. I would love to see Mobster Ghost Henchmen as well as Rival mob ghosts. a ghostly gang war and the ghostbusters are right in the middle of it

Crazy1van
02-07-2016, 05:34 PM
How about Al Capone's Ghost from The real Ghostbusters cartoon. Proton deflecting baseball bat Included. I would love to see Mobster Ghost Henchmen as well as Rival mob ghosts. a ghostly gang war and the ghostbusters a right in the middle of it

That would be a fun element to add. Let Al's ghost require a 6 to hit on the first roll against him per round, to represent his ability to deflect the shot, but each Combat Roll against him after that first one gets Plus 1 for the chance to hit him, Till the Event die gets rolled and it resets.

RingoH
02-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Would be ridiculously hokey, but they could easily release a Ghostbuster themed expansion after the animated version with Kasey the gorilla, and all the accompanying ghosts...

I would think that would be difficult from a legal standpoint, as you are talking about yet another company they would have to work with to get those rights (The show made it to DVD a few years back, and is still in syndication... so it obviously still has some draw). At one time those rights were with Filmation, and the series was re-titled "The Original Ghost Busters". I can also picture Sony who owns the rights to the Ghostbusters franscise not wanting to see the two universes mixed, so even if Filmation agreed to it, Sony could always put up a roadblock.

Reaper has some minis that would be great for all three main characters though if anyone wants to create their own scenario around the team.

sara.miguel
02-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I would think that would be difficult from a legal standpoint, as you are talking about yet another company they would have to work with to get those rights (The show made it to DVD a few years back, and is still in syndication... so it obviously still has some draw). At one time those rights were with Filmation, and the series was re-titled "The Original Ghost Busters". I can also picture Sony who owns the rights to the Ghostbusters franscise not wanting to see the two universes mixed, so even if Filmation agreed to it, Sony could always put up a roadblock.

Reaper has some minis that would be great for all three main characters though if anyone wants to create their own scenario around the team.

Not that I am involved in licensing negotiations or know how Sony or other license holders would react, but this is true. Legally speaking it could be very difficult as you have to get approvals from both sides, and also have to hope that are okay being put together.

BradBosshart
02-15-2016, 08:55 PM
no worries Sara we can always do our customs. I have the A-Team and Knight Rider, with a possessed K.A.R.R. and Goliath!

trippint82
02-29-2016, 01:01 PM
I guess customs would be a thing, but I would really want an expansion. Also if anyone is good at 3d modeling you could use shapeways or a 3d printer.

Ghosts just from the second movie like Vigo, Dr Janosz...as the ghost nanny, and the Scoleri brothers, not to mention player stuffs like the statue of liberty and player Louis Tully!!!!<---who does your taxes???

Some more ghosts from the real ghostbusters like The Grundel...and kids/Changing Grundels<---not sure why this wasn't in the Kickstarter tbh, by far the scariest episode I remember. Ghash aka Mr.Ugly, Impossible mode Slimer aka Big Green from the episode "the two faces of slimer", The Copycat Ghost, The Gobbler, The Thing from "The Thing in Mrs. Faversham's Attic", Master of Shadows, The Two Goblin Minions...samhain little dudes. Also for players a Slimer player character.

There is some cool stuff in Extreme Ghostbusters, but i didn't watch that show as much so idk the popular ghosts.

TheRealKrazyCarl
03-01-2016, 06:27 AM
Hey all you Junior Ghostbusters,

I've been running polls for what monsters and characters we'd like in an expansion to the game on the game's Facebook page. I've just added your suggestions, and will be resuming the Monster tourney shortly. If you're interested or have further suggestions, check out the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GhostbustersTheBoardGame/

Hope to see you there!