PDA

View Full Version : Latest Brew - The One

Shaqattaq
01-06-2016, 03:08 PM
by Wurtil

Variable champion health totals give a whole new dimension to building your deck. It is to be expected that until the community figures out the impact this has, we will see many of the successful decks being similar to builds from before the change. Expect to see IQ winning decks whose Champions gained in health to rise in popularity, chiefly Tetzot, Son of Omoc and Winter Moon.

Still, given that two of the tier 1 decks rely upon the damage gem as their primary win condition, we would be wise to look at which playable high health champions we can leverage to gain an edge in the currently expected format. Between keeping out of Arborean Rootfather damage range and keeping your champion safe from the various Mono Ruby decks right on the fringe of winning tournaments, let’s run down the champions from the highest health to see if any have had any success in the past.

https://www.hextcg.com/latest-brew-the-one/

fabriazp
01-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Whenever I see a Wurtil articles I feel the game got oxygen in the middle of those delays. Thanks for those articles !

Shaqattaq
01-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Whenever I see a Wurtil articles I feel the game got oxygen in the middle of those delays. Thanks for those articles !

Yeah, they always make me take a different look at everything in the game. The articles give me fresh eyes. :)

Chark
01-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Also a big fan of his articles.

sukebe
01-06-2016, 06:44 PM
As am I :-) they are a good read and give me a lot to think about

EtherRush
01-06-2016, 09:36 PM
I like how the below 20 health champions were pretty much ignored.

AswanJaguar
01-06-2016, 10:21 PM
I like how the below 20 health champions were pretty much ignored.

by Wurtil

Still, given that two of the tier 1 decks rely upon the damage gem as their primary win condition, we would be wise to look at which playable high health champions we can leverage to gain an edge in the currently expected format.

The high-health champions are kinda the point of the article? The health changes have affected the meta more than people may think.

cursedvit
01-07-2016, 01:47 AM
The high-health champions are kinda the point of the article? The health changes have affected the meta more than people may think.
Yeah they forgot to mention about Zared with 16 health being exelent target for rootfather.

Elwinz
01-07-2016, 10:39 AM
they totaly killed zarred with that patch for no reason.

thegreybetween
01-07-2016, 12:33 PM
...for no reason.

Except that he had it coming. Damn spider. ;-)

I've been having some very good results with Sister Anastasia after the patch, though I confess that it threw a wrench in a Holy Ascension engine that I was working as an alt. Nevertheless, the overall build is better for the boost.

Monika'shin at 23 also makes me happy. I won a match yesterday in Frost Ring while at 2 Health, scraping a perfect tier from the jaws of pre-settlement defeat.

EtherRush
01-07-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry, I thought the point of the article was about "variable champion health totals." In any case, I feel like the health nerf to some of the champions forces strategies around them to be more about early tempo and less about playing a huge bomb later (or complement with recovery and / or lifedrain). I tend not to play those champions anymore when I had some fairly fun combos before.

tecnophi
01-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Click on link: https://www.hextcg.com/latest-brew-the-one/

Read article

Think to myself: "I know this is Wurtil's writing"

Look at top of page for a "by author's name goes here"

Not there...

Ctrl+F

Search "wurtil"

0 of 0 matches

Look for any mention of any author anywhere... nope

HexEnt... please properly credit your article authors with proper formating