PDA

View Full Version : Concerns over Elf Warlock

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 07:18 PM
The update today was awesome and while not a fan of dwarf I am glad the update is showing some cool stuff and the char creation scene is epic. However I'm deeply horribly concerned over a few things regarding my fave race class combo. Elf Warlocks. Warlocks strike me as going to have a very interesting talent tree given how distinctly vast each race is as a Warlock. So begs the question how Hex will create a tree that all eight races can use equally. Elves in particular are the most concerning they use plants and are only class to utilize plants as a weapon. (Elf mages maybe as well) So I'm concerned how the talents be made to suit all races. Also I'm concerned about the fact there is quite literally only 4 Wild Warlocks. Rythmic Spiritualist, Spirit Oracle, Brairpatch Conjurer, and Rotroot Enchanter. A lot of recently spoiled cards benefit from Race or Classes being shared by your troops and champion but the way I see an Elf Warlock working is either Ruby/Wild or Wild only and frankly I only own a Necrotic Warlock. So I really don't wanna use bad guys and good guys in a deck and I prefer mono races with other supporting races thrown in (plants spirits satyrs etc) So I'm hoping I can play as an Elf Warlock and not worry bout being vastly.. Drastically limited to what I can play. With Shin'hare I have plenty of Warlocks that I can easily make almost half my troops Warlock Shin'hare only very easily but there is only quite literally honest to god only two Elf Warlocks so... That limits things BADLY.....

I love Hex and can't wait for PVE and cleric tree spoiled today makes me hyped for it but.. I'm overtly paranoid bout how limited one of my three fave races is impossible as far as I know to properly play my fave class...

frychikn
01-08-2016, 08:26 PM
luckily for you, you can stop worrying since you wont get pve for about a few more months!

wolzarg
01-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Can we please have some temp bans for people who just jump from thread to thread to spread dissent. just like a day pretty please Phenteo?

#obiwanspideryouareouronlyhope

plaguedealer
01-08-2016, 08:35 PM
The update today was awesome and while not a fan of dwarf I am glad the update is showing some cool stuff and the char creation scene is epic. However I'm deeply horribly concerned over a few things regarding my fave race class combo. Elf Warlocks. Warlocks strike me as going to have a very interesting talent tree given how distinctly vast each race is as a Warlock. So begs the question how Hex will create a tree that all eight races can use equally. Elves in particular are the most concerning they use plants and are only class to utilize plants as a weapon. (Elf mages maybe as well) So I'm concerned how the talents be made to suit all races. Also I'm concerned about the fact there is quite literally only 4 Wild Warlocks. Rythmic Spiritualist, Spirit Oracle, Brairpatch Conjurer, and Rotroot Enchanter. A lot of recently spoiled cards benefit from Race or Classes being shared by your troops and champion but the way I see an Elf Warlock working is either Ruby/Wild or Wild only and frankly I only own a Necrotic Warlock. So I really don't wanna use bad guys and good guys in a deck and I prefer mono races with other supporting races thrown in (plants spirits satyrs etc) So I'm hoping I can play as an Elf Warlock and not worry bout being vastly.. Drastically limited to what I can play. With Shin'hare I have plenty of Warlocks that I can easily make almost half my troops Warlock Shin'hare only very easily but there is only quite literally honest to god only two Elf Warlocks so... That limits things BADLY.....

I love Hex and can't wait for PVE and cleric tree spoiled today makes me hyped for it but.. I'm overtly paranoid bout how limited one of my three fave races is impossible as far as I know to properly play my fave class...

Congrats you just made one of the most self absorbed posts I have seen on the forums. I prefer elf warlocks dealing with ramp, guess that would run afoul of your wushes, why make a post like this.

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Um.. I didn't think I was being self absorbed...

plaguedealer
01-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Um.. I didn't think I was being self absorbed...

Your argument is partialy based on your desire to not use bad guys and good guys in a deck, and you prefer mono races. You are basically trying to argue for a class that fits your particular play style which may be completely different then someone else.

Race bonuses have been general in nature it is likely the elf will be focused on ramp or playing big creatures.

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 08:48 PM
While I admit I probably will have to use other classes in my deck I really don't wanna use Underworld cards in a Ardent Champion led deck...

plaguedealer
01-08-2016, 08:51 PM
While I admit I probably will have to use other classes in my deck I really don't wanna use Underworld cards in a Ardent Champion led deck...

Ok do you think they will force you to use good and bad guys, probably not. A card does not have to have warlock in it for it to go in a warlock deck. A warlock deck will probably be based off sacrificing so you dont necessarily have to sacrifice another warlock.

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Well Not exactly it's just I want as many warlocks of same race as my champion as I can possibly get in deck and have it work reasonably but Elves got... Two.. So that's a major problem... I'm under the firm believe that Campaign will reward focusing on your class in troops but Elves don't have enough to build a deck...

plaguedealer
01-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Well Not exactly it's just I want as many warlocks of same race as my champion as I can possibly get in deck and have it work reasonably but Elves got... Two.. So that's a major problem... I'm under the firm believe that Campaign will reward focusing on your class in troops but Elves don't have enough to build a deck...

For the priest class where do you see multiple priests cards needed, you dont. Likely the same with warlock.

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Well they've spoiled lots of cards that say "Thiss does X if you have a troop with your class." So...

Flairina
01-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Okay, WolfCrypt, I think you're missing what you're doing here. Take a step back and ask yourself "Does this apply to the majority of players? Is this a concern that everyone potentially has?" The problem isn't with your point itself, that being the limited number of certain classes in certain shards, which makes it potentially difficult to go entirely with a certain theme for those who prefer to roleplay or go "all in" on certain deck styles. The problem is that you made it entirely about YOUR specific concern. Please look at your board title. "Concerns over Elf Warlock". That alone isn't bad, but combined with your post you seem to imply the only thing that matters is that Hex pleases YOU, and you alone. It is self-absorbed, whiny, and frankly, horribly, horribly annoying. This isn't a problem likely to persist ANYWAYS, seeing as how more cards are bound to be released over time and thus the very specific kind of deck you keep INSISTING be an immediate option will eventually be one. But that's just it- it will be eventually. It seems like a foregone conclusion at this point that if you don't get everything you want at PVE's initial release, which frankly I see as being the case since you seem to want all-but-the-literal-world of Hex, you're going to throw a fit, as you've shown with these constant micro-complaint boards about every little thing that's wrong with what you specifically wanted to do. So, much as I don't want to be an asshole, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS ALREADY.

(And for the love of god, STOP complaining about how you're gonna be forced to play dwarves. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY DWARVES. A DWARF SPOILER DOES NOT MEAN ALL THERE IS IS DWARVES.)

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Well I see your point but I did not say I did not say I felt they'd make me a dwarf I'm well aware of it's just they choose to spoil a cleric dwarf and not say a human cleric or anything.

plaguedealer
01-08-2016, 09:07 PM
They spoiled something unique which is a dwarf priest. They did not say lets please wolfcrypt and spoil a human priest. We now know the racials for dwarf which will work for all classes.

With a name like wolfcrpyt you need to come to the dark side which is reanimator.

Flairina
01-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Well I see your point but I did not say I did not say I felt they'd make me a dwarf I'm well aware of it's just they choose to spoil a cleric dwarf and not say a human cleric or anything.

Again, this is so horribly, HORRIBLY self absorbed, and this is coming from someone who's quite literally physically disadvantaged at recognizing selfishness. Who CARES? Focus on the POINT, that being CLERIC traits, not that it's a DWARF cleric! Yes, we get it, you hate dwarves! And you know what? I'm right there with you! Again, I get literal shudders playing dwarves! But guess what I didn't do upon seeing the update? Come here and complain to everyone about the fact that they chose to spoil the cleric class with a *gasp* RACE I DON'T PARTICULARLY CARE FOR. It's ALMOST as if the race part wasn't REALLY the focus of this update!

I'm not doing this, trying to explain to you what the issue with your posts is is not going to get me anywhere and I'll just make an ass of myself. Please actually listen when someone else tries to explain, as many of us have been trying to do since you started making these boards.

tecnophi
01-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Just like the PvP meta with its tier 1 decks with specific champion based on what cards and champions are available. Their will be a PvE meta with its tier 1 decks and race/class combo.

I think it is an extreme design challenge if all the race/class combination have no noticeable difference in power level between them. Personally I think it is overly ambitious of HexEnt if they released all race/class combinations all at once. That would be something like 8 races by 8 classes or a total of 64 combinations, which is a huge effort.

I would guess blindly based on the screenshot of character creation that each race can choose between like 1 to 3 classes for that build of PvE. I would assume that each race would have different and potentially exclusive classes at this point.

WolfCrypt
01-08-2016, 09:20 PM
I didn't mean to sound so superficial... I'm well aware of the fact Dwarf Cleric was only just chosen to spoil more the tree then anything else I know that. My intention was to ask bout (panic really...) the fact Elf Warlock seemed so... Impossible to do.. As of to date at least.

plaguedealer
01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
I didn't mean to sound so superficial... I'm well aware of the fact Dwarf Cleric was only just chosen to spoil more the tree then anything else I know that. My intention was to ask bout (panic really...) the fact Elf Warlock seemed so... Impossible to do.. As of to date at least.

There may only ba a few race and class combos at the atart who cares. Not sure why that would be the case honestly because race bonuses are APPLY TO ALL CLASSES. At least I think that is how it works.

Fateanomaly
01-08-2016, 09:25 PM
You have to accept that the pve is a long term game. There might not be enough of the ideal cards that you want for your ideal deck yet but eventually as more sets and dungeons comes out, the options will be expanded. I think sticking to the same race is doable but going for all same class might be too restrictive even for the other classes.

Zophie
01-08-2016, 09:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QTncUiz.gif

It was a preview of Clerics. Just because they didn't show another race or class in this preview does not mean they don't exist, it just means they aren't Clerics. If it was a warlock, it wouldn't be in this update because warlocks are not clerics. This was a preview of clerics, not warlocks. In fact, I think you should probably be thanking HXE for not featuring Warlocks in the Cleric class preview, since that would mean they've homogenized Warlocks so much they've turned them into Clerics, which I'm sure you wouldn't like. Thank HXE for making sure that Warlocks are their own distinct class, wholly unique and separate from Clerics.

Okay everyone, carry on.

Mejis
01-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Trust in the devs. They know what they're doing. You'll have a perfectly enjoyable elf warlock tree to enjoy when the time comes I'm sure.
Relax :D

Svenn
01-08-2016, 11:33 PM
1) Every race/class is not going to be so varied to please everyone. A race/class you might like the idea of might even not play out quite how you want it to. They aren't trying to cater to you specifically though. So please, stop coming here complaining that every little detail isn't exactly how you want it.

2) Your concerns are not general. You constantly post these things that are so narrow focused that they literally only apply to you. In the grand scheme of things, you are one player out of thousands and they aren't going to be catering specifically to you. That applies not only to the game design, but to spoilers. There are a ton of cards of all types and sometimes they might spoil a ton of things you don't like. Oh well, get over it.

3) In a card game, the theme and flavor are not at the front of design. If you want to limit yourself to specific races, classes, or whatever... that is your choice. However, they aren't going to be catering to that specifically so you just need to deal with it. By limiting your options your deck WILL be less powerful than it could be. You need to accept that. Not every combination you want to do is going to be the best. The best decks will use all the tools available. If Elf Warlocks aren't the best class ever, or you can't make a deck that's 100% elf warlocks... oh well. That's not a flaw in the game, that's a flaw in your own self-imposed limitations.

4) We literally know nothing about how Elf Warlocks will work. Complaining about something that we have no details on is just silly.

TOOT
01-09-2016, 01:24 AM
You guys are all way too nice.

ossuary
01-09-2016, 02:41 AM
Well, that was a lot of vitriol all around. :p

Keep in mind that Set 3 is the very first set that is even focusing on elves. All elves we've gotten prior to this set were very small in number. Set 4 will have even more elf-centric cards. The number of elf warlocks will continue to increase. Also, not all cards in a warlock-focused deck have to actually be warlocks themselves, beasts or other non-aligned troops would fit nicely as well. This is a non-issue. :)

wolzarg
01-09-2016, 08:13 AM
While I'm not the least bit worried in all fairness they did just release two cards that matter a lot for people with limited collections that require a champion minion class link.

ossuary
01-09-2016, 08:20 AM
And why would you think for a second that there won't be PVE cards you can acquire to synergize with that for any races / classes that are currently missing a good link for that? Or that there won't be some talents that are better tuned for certain races / classes and less so for others?

WolfCrypt
01-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Well I tend to panic.. Often. I just feltt with how unique Elf Warlock is and the Cleric Talent tree hinting that all six classes have same skill tree (all clerics get Pray Hearty etc. All Mages get xxx etc) and I felt that an Elf Warlock takes things in such a unique direction I can't possibly fathom how Hex could make a tree fitting Warlock for all 8 races so was a bit paranoid. Also since only two Elf Warlocks were released out of 3 sets I was also worried that Hex has really no concern for them. And to be quite honest despite my username and IGN I am much more geared toward Elves then Coyotles.

Gwaer
01-09-2016, 09:00 AM
You know the class trees are the same. So elf warlock will have to fit in the framework of the other warlocks. I think you focus too much on minutia. The classes are a playstyle. Though elf warlock will have a different thematic element like all different race/class combinations. It'll still play within the warlock playstyle. Whatever that ends up being.

WolfCrypt
01-09-2016, 09:02 AM
minutia??

wolzarg
01-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Keep one thing in mind every class/race has 2 unique traits that can easily fill in the role. This means that elf warlocks will have two things no other class or race has access to.

Svenn
01-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Well I tend to panic.. Often. I just feltt with how unique Elf Warlock is and the Cleric Talent tree hinting that all six classes have same skill tree (all clerics get Pray Hearty etc. All Mages get xxx etc) and I felt that an Elf Warlock takes things in such a unique direction I can't possibly fathom how Hex could make a tree fitting Warlock for all 8 races so was a bit paranoid. Also since only two Elf Warlocks were released out of 3 sets I was also worried that Hex has really no concern for them. And to be quite honest despite my username and IGN I am much more geared toward Elves then Coyotles.

What makes you think Elf Warlocks are so unique? What makes them so different from any other warlock? A warlock is a warlock, regardless of race. There will be some minor differences between race/class combinations, but a class is a class.

As far as "Hex has really no concern for them"... HexEnt has concern for EVERYTHING in the game, but their concern is on making it balanced and interesting overall. However, they aren't giving special focus to something just because one random person really likes that thing. They are balancing the game around everything, including stuff you don't like. They aren't working on creating a set of Elf Warlocks just for you. They are working on balancing the warlock class as a whole. Elf Warlock might not be crazy unique and have a ton of Elf specific Warlocks... and you need to learn to deal with that.

Aradon
01-09-2016, 11:25 AM
What makes you think Elf Warlocks are so unique? What makes them so different from any other warlock? A warlock is a warlock, regardless of race. There will be some minor differences between race/class combinations, but a class is a class.

To be fair, the Champions page specifically says Warlocks are diverse based on race, with different roles in their societies. Orc warlocks focus on manipulation of blood magic, human warlocks on speaking with their ancestors, and elf warlocks on plant-craft, etc.

RCDv57
01-09-2016, 12:59 PM
I think that at release we will get just the first tier of the Warrior/Cleric/Mage Skill trees
Ranger/Rouge/Warlocks look like they will be introduced later.

@WolfyCrypty: This doesn't have much to do with the elf warlock, buuuut....
A Coyotle Cleric champion could be really amazing and fun.
I'm just briefly glancing through some of this stuff, and you could make a pretty mean Mono Diamond Coyotle deck. And the only non-Coyotle troop you might want to include is Righteous Paladin.

I know you've got a ton of Ozawa's. Just get yourself that knife of his and run 4 of him.
You could gaining so much health a turn it becomes silly. That much health should allow you to play him in most PvE games.

And then put your Class points into stuff like health buffs, Blessing buffs, or anything really.
There's only 2 skill unlocks for clerics that specifically target clerics. And one of them is the Alter which is still good even without a ton of clerics.

WolfCrypt
01-09-2016, 04:26 PM
I have 1 I sold the other Ozawa. Also I suppose I could easily make a Coyotle Diamond deck.

YourOpponent
01-09-2016, 08:40 PM

I don't remember if you were the same person that had a mental disability that made them unwilling to play certain races and/or dual colors...and as a person with a mental disability myself I understand how some things are either "right" or "wrong." Please think though that the talent trees are for PvE. So just because there isn't that many PvP cards (or even current PvE cards) that are Elf Warlocks doesn't mean that there won't be more that will be designed for PvE. Also if you notice there is a bit of a theme with some of those mono wild Warlock cards. They'd be excellent in a briarpatch deck! As well if you remember the dwarf talent tree there was a bonus for cleric cards, but if I recall correctly there wasn't for Dwarf cards...which means that it might be the same way for the warlock talent tree as well!

WolfCrypt
01-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Oh I play Dual colors just kinda extremely rude bout Dwarf and Orc lol. Also I suppose your right but I do hope they make more Wild Warlocks or Ruby as Elf is very very Wild heavy with Ruby thrown in a bit. There is only 4 Wild Warlocks and I own em all. Sadly I don't grind enough (due to boredom) to earn a Plant deck. And I know a Elf Warlock deck with as much as Elf Warlock without it being unplayable is asking much but still there is so very little of Wild Warlocks. And given how extreme each race is I can't imagine how a talent tree will be made to work with any race. Warlock just has me extremely worried.

Elwinz
01-10-2016, 12:42 AM
What if Elf cant be warlock? ;p like dwarf is only 3 races ;p
You are worrying about stuff you shouldnt worry. MAte. Chill. You live in HEX PPVE World which doesnt evne exist yet.

arastor
01-10-2016, 07:03 AM
What if Elf cant be warlock? ;p like dwarf is only 3 races ;p

Wouldn't that be even more of something to worry about if he'd been looking forward to elf warlock?

Elwinz
01-10-2016, 07:09 AM
than he wouldnt need to have any concerns and paranoias about it. PAtinece

Cainhu
01-11-2016, 03:08 AM

I'm with you, elf warlock sounds like a fun combo.

On the other hand, I'm worried if there will be an elf warlock at all at launch. In the dwarf cleric preview I see only three classes on the chargen screen.

Fred
01-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Keep one thing in mind every class/race has 2 unique traits that can easily fill in the role. This means that elf warlocks will have two things no other class or race has access to.

Each race-class combo has 2 unique traits, and each race has 3 more on top of that. Therefore, an Elf-Warlock will have 5 traits that no other warlock has access to. I think 5 traits is enough to make an Elf-Warlock very different from a Vennen-Warlock.