PDA

View Full Version : How will PvE affect Gold Value?

MugenMusou
01-10-2016, 09:56 AM
My excitement about PvE is the highest ever even more than time during Kickstarter. Now when real PvE launched what do you all think be the effect on gold value?

Do you think there is no effect? Will gold value depreciate or increase?

I certainly see myself will be playing much more PvE with new campaign mode, which means I will get more gold by just playing the game.

On the other hand, more PvE interest may lead value of equipments to go up and therefore that may compensate PvE player play value.

What do you think?

WolfCrypt
01-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Probably depricaite drastically due to how easy it'll be to get.

morbidity
01-10-2016, 10:13 AM
It really depends, in my opinion, on whether they also introduce new gold-sinks - and of course on how easily gold will be collected in the campaign mode as opposed to the arena.

If, for example, the gold/hour in campaign mode is significantly lower than in the arena, the relative price for gold might go up due to fewer people grinding the arena, thus leading to less gold being created by players.

It seems to be impossible to make meaningful assumptions about future gold-value at the time being, though - we just know too little about the details.

pjvedder
01-10-2016, 10:14 AM
I feel like when Hex created the gold output for the Arena, they tried to keep it in line with the amount of gold you were making during the PVP tournaments (when they still gave gold). While I'd love for there to be a better way to get gold just so i can spin my chests, I don't think they'll mess with the gold/hour played ratio. If that's the case, i'm not sure if the value of gold will change drastically (except for maybe an initial devaluing while it's hot off the presses).

On the other hand, more people playing PVE means more gold in the economy. So who knows, really. Excited, nonetheless!

pjvedder
01-10-2016, 10:15 AM

Beat me to it ;)

LNQ
01-10-2016, 10:24 AM
I foresee a lot more hours spent on PvE after the campaign launches, and do not think the new gold sinks match the increase in gold generated, regardless of the gold/hour ratio in relation to the Frost Ring Arena.

The gold sink that are PvP chests has a massive backlog as people have not spun their chests, but new chests are not generated at the same pace per player as before, since the free drafts and kickstarter packs have mostly ran out.

Therefore my prediction is that the Gold value will decrease over time after the campaign launches. This is pure speculation of course.

WolfCrypt
01-10-2016, 10:24 AM
I think it'll be super easy to get gold and not like you gotta beat bosses to get 1k gold.

Silvanos
01-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I feel like when Hex created the gold output for the Arena, they tried to keep it in line with the amount of gold you were making during the PVP tournaments (when they still gave gold). While I'd love for there to be a better way to get gold just so i can spin my chests, I don't think they'll mess with the gold/hour played ratio. If that's the case, i'm not sure if the value of gold will change drastically (except for maybe an initial devaluing while it's hot off the presses).

On the other hand, more people playing PVE means more gold in the economy. So who knows, really. Excited, nonetheless!

They have said in the past that they are happy with the gold/hr generated by arena, so I would not expect campaign to be substantially different in that regard. Unless of course they change their minds :) Or I'm remembering this incorrectly.

wolzarg
01-10-2016, 12:36 PM
My guess is gold will go down slightly in value because of the pure amount generated but no big changes either way.

IronPheasant
01-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Gold value will go up due to fewer players needing PvP cards. Any added sinks will increase the pressure on that front.

It will go down from more players generating gold. If huge numbers of people take up the game, it'll go down quite a bit.

I would err on the side of it settling around 80:1 or 100:1 again.

That's my soothsayer speculative opinion. So say the bones.

poizonous
01-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Gold value will go up due to fewer players needing PvP cards. Any added sinks will increase the pressure on that front.

I'm intrigued to hear you're thoughts behind why people won't need pvp cards, i have yet to see cards that are essential in PvE not have we seen enough cards to really think a full deck of pve cards would have synergy. I would still assume PvP cards would make a core of players decks

WolfCrypt
01-10-2016, 01:59 PM
You never know I hope to have a vaible PVE only deck

IronPheasant
01-10-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm intrigued to hear you're thoughts behind why people won't need pvp cards

Well the first PvE set probably won't be near full enough of chase rares to render pvp cards superfluous and there's the bs powered cards (Reese, Angel of Dawn, Crocosaur, Royal Falconer, etc) that'll probably be near best in slot forever...

But all I'm talking about is simple marginal value. A deck is finite in size (60 or 150 cards), you have threats, you have answers, you have combo pieces, and as the game goes along you'll accumulate optimal or near optimal cards for each, where new cards being added don't impact that deck.

Periodically there'd have to be a hard reset like a rotating standard to counteract that. It's hard to imagine they'd create dungeons only to put them into retirement two years later, eh.

Erukk
01-10-2016, 03:13 PM
I could have sworn they already said the gold rate is going to be roughly on par with what's already earned in the arena.

Though, it's kinda hard to make any good predictions at the moment since we don't know if they're going to be introducing any new gold sinks along with the first pve patch. If they don't, then the value of gold will probably decrease with everyone, and especially the dungeoneers, doing and farming all the new pve stuff. If and when they introduce the gold sinks, the value of gold will definitely rise again.

poizonous
01-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Kind of hard to imagine gold value being the same due to sheer amount of people doing campaign. Gold is at where is it now because i would guesstimate that 60% of the players (minimum) arent running arena. Literally everyone will be on campaign even PvP oriented players like myself. More people creating gold, EVEN if it is at the same rate as Frost Ring is still a substantial increase in gold influx. No possible way gold ratio can stay the same initially

NemesiN
01-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Kind of hard to imagine gold value being the same due to sheer amount of people doing campaign. Gold is at where is it now because i would guesstimate that 60% of the players (minimum) arent running arena. Literally everyone will be on campaign even PvP oriented players like myself. More people creating gold, EVEN if it is at the same rate as Frost Ring is still a substantial increase in gold influx. No possible way gold ratio can stay the same initially

The rate at which people can earn gold will not change. HXE used Frost Ring Arena as a tool to fine tune the gold/time ratio. The value of gold will ebb and flow as the market changes. I suspect that the gold:plat ratio will return to what it was during FRAs early days (85:1) for a while, then drop back down over time.

poizonous
01-10-2016, 05:19 PM
You misunderstand what i am saying... the rate will bee the same but the people who were buying it initially will be making their own gold, there will be less buyers and more grinders therefore price will drop

Prominis
01-10-2016, 05:28 PM
I agree with poizonous, because right now, gold value is high partially because its only source is the Frost Ring Arena. Since a lot of people are tired of FRA, fewer people grind it, hence its value is higher.

Now let's look back at PvE, campaign/dungeons/whatever. Even if the gold rate is the same as the FRA, or heck, even lower, then it's likely that the value will drop either way. Fewer people will be buying gold (as they now have fresh content to tear through which gets them gold) and since there's a sudden increase of gold in the market, its value drops.

This could be counteracted by gold sinks, but even then I doubt the value of gold will stay the same or increase.

Timlagor
01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
You misunderstand what i am saying... the rate will bee the same but the people who were buying it initially will be making their own gold, there will be less buyers and more grinders therefore price will drop

While agree on the premise I expect PVE to have gold sinks built in (buying PVE stuff)
I also feel it's a missed opportunity if they don't bring in any more Store AAs given how immensely popular they were.

Saeijou
01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
HXE showed in the future, that they want gold:plat to be stable... i think they will figure out, how to keep everything in line :)

Fred
01-11-2016, 11:45 AM
"Buying things" will indeed be a gold sink, but I'm very curious to see how many of those things will be consumable. Having potions or whatever enchantment that grants a buff for a single battle (e.g. the challenge buffs in the Arena) would make for a great gold-sink, since people would buy again and again.

If the only things that can be bought are cards and equipment, it will be a very limited gold sink since each player only need one piece of equipment and 4 cards. Once those are acquired, there's no reason to spend gold on those items again.

Tazelbain
01-11-2016, 11:48 AM
They do have a stable currency. The gold value has only shifted because underlining economics have shifted. Content aging and exhaustion of the gold sinks have put downward pressure. The IQs put upward pressure on plat. But gold/plat ratio isn't swinging around wildly.

frychikn
01-11-2016, 11:54 AM
i think first we need to even know if pve will actually come out, then we can wonder about this.

WolfCrypt
01-11-2016, 11:55 AM
i think first we need to even know if pve will actually come out, then we can wonder about this.

Of course it will o.O

nicosharp
01-11-2016, 11:57 AM
3-4 weeks gold value will increase after PvE launch. Then it will slowly decrease.

Superstitious reasoning?:
New and old players will come to the game for PvE
New and old players will want more cards
New and old players will try to convert gold to cards
Some new and old players will be willing to convert plat to gold for the cards
In 4 weeks max, interest will wain as new content gets burnt through
The remaining skeleton crew will be farmers converting for more/looking for PvP tournaments
As interest for gold/plat diminish, plat value will increase and gold value will decrease

The largest area for variation:
New gold sinks introduced
New gold faucets introduced
New sets introduced
New players introduced, and in what volume
New player experience improved
New player understanding and acceptance of marketing model improved