PDA

View Full Version : Arena: Let's Create Achievements to Unlock

Sinistarlol
01-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Suggestive feats to unlock from the Frost Ring Arena.

Achievements: Boss Encounters

Tier 1: Eternal Guardian: [Hittin' The Source]

Objective Condition: Deplete and destroy a total of <4/4> resource points this game.
Dialogue Triggered: Eternal Guardian: "No! I was one turn away from destroying you with my powerful cards!"
New Objective: Win the game this turn.
Objective Failed Triggered: Eternal Guardian: "Now you shall feel my wrath!"
All troops you control in all zones cost +4 and get -2 ATK/DEF.

Achievement Unlocked - Rewarded title: - Demolitionist

Here is when the community gets involved. Listed below are the remaining boss encounters eagerly awaiting participants with ideas themed around these champions. (No prizes from me the original poster but I am intrigued by the astonishing work this community has done with other projects of mine previously. Hope to see some cool ideas for your very own favorite boss encounters!). Use my own contribution as a standard and improvise your own ideas!

Must have at least one Objective Condition

Must be realistically accomplishable, include an event if met condition isn't completed

Achievement title must be included, as well as the reward for completing this event.

Tier 2 to 4: Boss Encounters

Boss: Xarlox the Broodlord

Boss: His Majesty, King Gabriel

Boss: Princess Cory

Boss: Uzume, Grand Concubunny

Boss: Eurig the Robomancer

Boss: Zoltog

Special Boss Encounter: Uruunaz

Writer's will be credited in OP.

wolzarg
01-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Tier 4: Xarlox the Broodlord: [Cracking some eggs]

Objective Condition: Add 20 spider eggs to xarlox deck.
Dialogue Triggered: Xarlox: "You think your self clever whelp, i will show you a true broodlord"

New Objective: Win the game before a terrortula hatches from your deck.(All 3 starting eggs are returned to random positions in your deck)
Objective Failed Triggered: Xarlox: "No mercy, finish him!"
The terrortula can targe you, you lose the game

Achievement Unlocked - Reward: - terrortula egg sleeves(This is horrifying but i love the idea).

NOBLEReverter
01-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Tier 2: His Majesty, King Gabriel

[B]Objective Condition: Allow His Majesty, King Gabriel to use his charge power; putting Boldheart into play.

Dialogue Triggered: His Majesty, King Gabriel: "With Boldheart by my side, you're going to have quite a ruff time. Get it, ruff?" Boldheart: "(groans/whines apathetically)"

New Objective: Win the game without removing or killing Boldheart by any means.

Objective Failed Triggered: His Majesty, King Gabriel: "You're rather heartless and cruel, aren't you? For harming Boldheart, I hereby sentence you to jail!"
Player can no longer draw, play cards from their hand, or use cards that are not already in play.

Achievement Unlocked - Reward - Title: Woof-Bark-Bark-Grrr-Ruff (Friend of Boldheart)

Vorsa
01-11-2016, 01:45 AM
Tier 2-4: Uzume, Grand Concubunny: [Rabbit-Proof Fence]

Objective Condition: Uzume controls at least 20 troops.
Dialogue Triggered: Uzume, Grand Concubunny: "Hop to it, my children!"
New Objective: Win the game while Uzume controls at least 20 troops.
Objective Failed Triggered: Uzume, Grand Concubunny: "You should have known better than to stand in my way..."
Uzume, Grand Concubunny immediately plays Parallel Evolution and Evolve.

Achievement Unlocked - Title: Concubunny Consort
Achievement Unlocked - Sleeve: Uzume (the bunnies at the bottom are adorable!)

Sixlooter
01-11-2016, 04:30 AM
I like the idea. You could throw us this bone until we finally are able to play the real PVE.

Erukk
01-11-2016, 04:33 AM
I have the feeling that Princess Cory would skim along the edges of breaking the fourth wall...

Tier 2-4: Princess Cory [DEV-astation]

Objective Condition: Allow Princess Cory to play Lady Valerie, Holiday, and Boundless Imagination.
Dialogue Triggered: Princess Cory: "Entrath has been a bit unpredictable ever since HEX arrived. It keeps me busy trying to keep everything together."
New Objective: Win the game on your next turn.
Objective Failed Triggered: Princess Cory: "I hope you're enjoying this match, but other things require my attention so I'll be speeding things along if that's ok..."

Princess Cory creates and plays Mass Polymorph: Dingler and five random unique troops (prioritizes dev portrait cards).

Achievement Unlocked- Title: DEVastator

Sinistarlol
01-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Really cool ideas so far, it doesn't hurt to make multiple suggestions with either boss encounter regardless if somebody else has done it prior to your submission. Loving the contributions so far

Charko
01-11-2016, 10:37 AM
I have the feeling that Princess Cory would skim along the edges of breaking the fourth wall...

Tier 2-4: Princess Cory [DEV-astation]

Objective Condition: Allow Princess Cory to play Lady Valerie, Holiday, and Boundless Imagination.
Dialogue Triggered: Princess Cory: "Entrath has been a bit unpredictable ever since HEX arrived. It keeps me busy trying to keep everything together."
New Objective: Win the game on your next turn.
Objective Failed Triggered: Princess Cory: "I hope you're enjoying this match, but other things require my attention so I'll be speeding things along if that's ok..."

Princess Cory creates and plays Mass Polymorph: Dingler and five random unique troops (prioritizes dev portrait cards).

Achievement Unlocked- Title: DEVastator

/awesome dude!!

nicosharp
01-11-2016, 11:05 AM
I've done this, and it's the ultimate FU to Xarlox - Mill him completely. So satisfying and should be an achievement.

On the topic of achievements - It would be great if 1-off achievements were tied to Gold/Loot Rewards. I'm not sure what HXE has planned here, but it would be a nice way to reward players, that is seen in other games like Scrolls/etc. that doesn't go the route of mindless dailies, and also rewards players for strategy outside of, "win by going fast."

Svenn
01-11-2016, 11:20 AM
I've done this, and it's the ultimate FU to Xarlox - Mill him completely. So satisfying and should be an achievement.

On the topic of achievements - It would be great if 1-off achievements were tied to Gold/Loot Rewards. I'm not sure what HXE has planned here, but it would be a nice way to reward players, that is seen in other games like Scrolls/etc. that doesn't go the route of mindless dailies, and also rewards players for strategy outside of, "win by going fast."

I would like to see achievement points turned into a currency that you can spend to buy certain rewards... PvE cards, equipment, sleeves, whatever.

wolzarg
01-11-2016, 01:38 PM
I would like to see achievement points turned into a currency that you can spend to buy certain rewards... PvE cards, equipment, sleeves, whatever.
Reduce it to sleeves only and have one that you need to do every achivement in the game to afford and I'm sold(Preferably the hex dev one)

Sinistarlol
01-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Love the brainstorming we're cooking up here it's fantastic! Here's another contribution from me. :P

Tier 2/4: Eurig The Robomancer [Elite Squadron]

Objective Condition: Murdertron must be in play.

Dialogue Triggered: Eurig the Robomancer: "Yancy, the Tinkerer of Terror, you should've known better than to stand against me.. Activate Protocol B.E.T.R.A.Y; Murdertron.. destroy them! Prepare to be eliminated by your own creation."

New Condition: Eurig the Robomancer takes control of Murdertron and creates a Slaughtergear Replicator and puts it into play.

New Objective: Win the game with Murdertron under your control.
In order to complete this task, you need to reclaim Murdertron before defeating Eurig the Robomancer.

Objective Failed Triggered: Eurig the Robomancer: "It's not over till my machines of war have you extincted."

Eurig the Robomancer plays Cosmic Totem and shuffles his cards from the crypt back into his deck. Eurig the Robomancer gains 28 health. Artifacts and Troops Eurig controls have Spellshield, Steadfast.

Achievement Unlocked - Reward - Title: Exterminator
Achievement Unlocked - Sleeves: Eurig the Robomancer

wolzarg
01-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Love the brainstorming we're cooking up here it's fantastic! Here's another contribution from me. :P

Tier 2/4: Eurig The Robomancer [Elite Squadron]

Objective Condition: Murdertron must be in play.

Dialogue Triggered: Eurig the Robomancer: "Yancy, the Tinkerer of Terror, you should've known better than to stand against me.. Activate Protocol B.E.T.R.A.Y; Murdertron.. destroy them! Prepare to be eliminated by your own creation."

New Condition: Eurig the Robomancer takes control of Murdertron and creates a Slaughtergear Replicator and puts it into play.

New Objective: Win the game with Murdertron back under your control.

Objective Failed Triggered: Eurig the Robomancer: "It's not over till my machines of war have you extincted."

Eurig the Robomancer plays Cosmic Totem and shuffles his cards from the crypt back into his deck. Eurig the Robomancer gains 28 health. Artifacts and Troops Eurig controls have Spellshield, Steadfast.

Achievement Unlocked - Reward - Title: Exterminator
Achievement Unlocked - Sleeves: Eurig the Robomancer

How would you fail the new objective its unclear. Also full art eurig has my vote for best art not already used on a sleeve.

Sinistarlol
01-11-2016, 11:30 PM
If he was to be diminished below 0 health points whilst controlling the murdertron you sprung the event with, he will regain 28 health and reshuffle any cards (you may have attempted to win by milling him) back into his deck prior to his next draw phase. Thus making him much tougher to beat since artifacts and troops he controls now become safe from direct spells via spellshield and steadfast.

(making him nearly impossible to beat without board removal.)

In addition, he steals your Murdertron.. so long as he has control of it, he becomes invincible in the sense of he cannot lose by direct damage or by removing his deck UNTILL he no longer controls the murdertron you played via Yancy, Tinkerer of Terror.

Hope that clears things up. :)

Erukk
01-12-2016, 05:34 AM
Tier 2-4: Zoltog: "Orcish Raid"

Objective Condition: Zoltog controls seven or more Orc troops.
Dialogue Triggered: Zoltog: "Come my brothers and sisters! Tonight we shall bathe in the blood of our enemies and being honor and glory to the Mountain!" (All Orcs Zoltog controls gains Rage 2 and Invincible.)

New Objective: Survive three turns against Zoltog. (When completed, Zoltog reverts all his troops.)
Objective Failed Triggered: Zoltog: "I'm not through with you yet!" (Zoltog's health is set to 10 and Orcs gain Crush.)

Achievement Unlocked- Title: Raid Survivor

The failed objective would only trigger if you kill Zoltog while the "raid" is in progress, and it would only trigger once per match to avoid him constantly resetting if you failed. The invincibility was also added to avoid board sweepers making the achievement too easy, but the orcs would still be susceptible to bounces and damage negation.

Clawdius
01-12-2016, 07:39 AM
I've already unlocked the achievement where I beat my head on my desk waiting for new content until I broke something. Do I win a hat? Because I really don't think I should be leaving this crack exposed so much, so a hat could help with that. Just so long as it doesn't say "I'm did asbestos I can" because I already have one of those and it doesn't seem to be helping matters one bit.

Erukk
01-12-2016, 08:25 AM
I've already unlocked the achievement where I beat my head on my desk waiting for new content until I broke something. Do I win a hat? Because I really don't think I should be leaving this crack exposed so much, so a hat could help with that. Just so long as it doesn't say "I'm did asbestos I can" because I already have one of those and it doesn't seem to be helping matters one bit.

For something like that, I would recommend a couple of popsicles sticks, some gorilla glue, and a roll of duct tape. You'll be right as rain in no time!

Sinistarlol
01-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Tier 2-4: Zoltog: "Orcish Raid"

Objective Condition: Zoltog controls seven or more Orc troops.
Dialogue Triggered: Zoltog: "Come my brothers and sisters! Tonight we shall bathe in the blood of our enemies and being honor and glory to the Mountain!" (All Orcs Zoltog controls gains Rage 2 and Invincible.)

New Objective: Survive three turns against Zoltog. (When completed, Zoltog reverts all his troops.)
Objective Failed Triggered: Zoltog: "I'm not through with you yet!" (Zoltog's health is set to 10 and Orcs gain Crush.)

Achievement Unlocked- Title: Raid Survivor

The failed objective would only trigger if you kill Zoltog while the "raid" is in progress, and it would only trigger once per match to avoid him constantly resetting if you failed. The invincibility was also added to avoid board sweepers making the achievement too easy, but the orcs would still be susceptible to bounces and damage negation.

Nice, reminded me of a scenario of surviving an onslaught. Would be insanely tough especially with his powerful abilities to generate more troops if any of them deal direct damage to your champion.

I'm actually surprised nobody has jumped on the chance for Uruunaz yet, has nobody encountered him as of this period in time? xD

RCDv57
01-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Paragon of War: Get to LV30 with a Warrior
One of these for each class
Human Hero: Get to LV30 with a Human
One of these for each race.
Valkyrie: Get to LV30 with a Female champion
Valkerion?: Get to LV30 with a Male champion
King of the Ardent: Get a character to Lv30 with all Ardent races
Lord of the Underworld: Get a character to Lv30 with all Underworld races

Warrior of the World: Get a LV30 Warrior with each race.
Protector of the Wilds: Get a LV30 Ranger with each race.
Stalker of the Night: Get a LV30 Rouge with each race.
Guardian of the Gates: Get a LV30 Cleric with each race.
Archmage of the Universe: Get a LV30 Mage with each race.
Power of the Ancients: Get a LV30 Warlock with each race.

Master of Entrath: Get the following achievements:
Warrior of the World, Protector of the Wilds
Stalker of the Night, Guardian of the Gates
Archmage of the Universe, Power of the Ancients.

wolzarg
01-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Paragon of War: Get to LV30 with a Warrior
One of these for each class
Human Hero: Get to LV30 with a Human
One of these for each race.
Valkyrie: Get to LV30 with a Female champion
Valkerion?: Get to LV30 with a Male champion
King of the Ardent: Get a character to Lv30 with all Ardent races
Lord of the Underworld: Get a character to Lv30 with all Underworld races

Warrior of the World: Get a LV30 Warrior with each race.
Protector of the Wilds: Get a LV30 Ranger with each race.
Stalker of the Night: Get a LV30 Rouge with each race.
Guardian of the Gates: Get a LV30 Cleric with each race.
Archmage of the Universe: Get a LV30 Mage with each race.
Power of the Ancients: Get a LV30 Warlock with each race.

Master of Entrath: Get the following achievements:
Warrior of the World, Protector of the Wilds
Stalker of the Night, Guardian of the Gates
Archmage of the Universe, Power of the Ancients.

Unlocks blue wheel sleeves!

RCDv57
01-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Unlocks blue wheel sleeves!

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

KingGabriel
01-15-2016, 03:36 AM
How about a sleeve where you can socket in achievement badges?

Sinistarlol
01-15-2016, 04:00 AM
How about a sleeve where you can socket in achievement badges?

Crazy, innovative idea; that I'm fully behind. I'll pay HEX Employee's to implement this. Really original dude, good work!

Necroa
01-15-2016, 08:58 AM
I like these ideas...hopefully, the guys will add it in.

Pezzle
01-15-2016, 09:00 AM
I hope we never have achievement unlocked events in the game. There will already be card achievements. Why do people want mindless grinding so badly?

Necroa
01-15-2016, 09:06 AM
I hope we never have achievement unlocked events in the game. There will already be card achievements. Why do people want mindless grinding so badly?

Something to do and be proud of?

wolzarg
01-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Do you mean event unlocked achievements or are you confused what is being suggested?

Sinistarlol
01-15-2016, 07:26 PM
I like these ideas...hopefully, the guys will add it in.

Same here - Nothing wrong with added in-game bonuses with boss encounters. Besides they're not something that needs to be done rather something achievement hunters can strive towards just like in other games to become a completionist.

Maybe even have cards unlocked exclusively to completing achievements could be a good incentive to encourage players to participate in specific game modes such as proving grounds for set 4 cards, and arena for pve cards.

straumwar
01-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Tier 4 boss: any

Objective: Score the killing blow with a dingler.

Triggered Dialogue: Hoggarth: 'I'm in the mood for seeing you defeat your last opponent in the most humiliating way possible. What is the most humiliating loss you say? Death by a dingler!'

Failed Dialogue: Hoggarth: 'Have you no sense of humor? Perhaps this will entertain the crowd more than you did.'
Hoggarth turns 2 of your loot chests into dinglers and you get nothing from those 2 chests.

Rewards:

Achievement-unlocked: Title: 'The Dingler Whisperer'

A set of the following card:

The Dingler Bell: 4 cost artifact
At the start of your turn, create a dingler and put it into play.
Dinglers you control get +1/+1 for each dingler in play.