PDA

View Full Version : Set bonus cards are they still a thing?

wolzarg
01-13-2016, 02:12 AM
Back during the KS set bonus cards were putt into your deck/available to be putt into your deck, when a specific set of items was equiped all at the same time. Have we heard anything else about that i found the idea very interesting especially if we don't get a spoiler as to what the set is.

Would especially like to hear from the devs and while i know specifics aren't going to happen a simple yes or not currently in the plans would be greatly appreciated.

Gen91
01-13-2016, 02:41 AM
I hope they are still in.
It would've been awesome to see the starter trial equipment to be a set, so newer players get introduced to the system on the fly.
Maybe they can patch it in a little later.

funktion
01-13-2016, 03:35 AM
I don't remember these being talked about, probably missed that. That being said I'm not sure I like the idea, having sets of equipment seems like it would be overly restrictive to deckbuilding in a way that might make deckbuilding feel less sandboxy. That's just my 2cents though, not sure how fits into their design schemes / philosophies.

Fateanomaly
01-13-2016, 04:04 AM
No, set bonus cards isn't referring to equipments but cards. During the KS campaign, they mentioned a mechanic where if you put burn, burn to the ground and inferno(iirc) then you can get to use a bonus card called overcharge.

Khazrakh
01-13-2016, 04:09 AM
From the kickstarter:

Each card in the game is linked to several pieces of gear that fundamentally change how the card works. Equip this gear and find MILLIONS of unique combos and winning strategies.
And keep your eyes open for extra rare SET BONUSES
Amazing Set Bonus Cards!
Find powerful set bonus Equipment, equip them all and unlock special abilities and cards

In that example you have to equip the Infero Wrapfs of the Flame Handler, the Burn to t he Ground Dragon Tongue Slippers and the Burn Conflagration Handguards. In turn you unlocked the set bonus card "Overcharge": 1R Copy target action. You may choose new targets for that action.

I did like the conecpt, but a lot has changed since the days of the KS so we'll have to wait and see ;)

LNQ
01-13-2016, 04:12 AM
It's a feature that can easily be added in later, so even if it doesn't make it in now we could (and probably will) see it in the future.

Set Equipment is the sort of feature that is a good way to keep the PvE game expanding. I don't see the need for it at launch.

Fateanomaly
01-13-2016, 04:52 AM
Hmm i remembered wrongly. In that case it seems rather lame since equipment slots are rather premium.

ossuary
01-13-2016, 06:56 AM
It's not limiting - you can choose to use it or not. It's more like a bonus available for focusing your deck (the equipment in this case is all themed towards making a pure or heavy burn deck more effective). I see no problem with having some of these options available for players who want to specialize. Really, it's like having a 7th piece of equipment if you choose to use a specific group of equipment in your other slots. If you don't want to use all of those pieces, you continue to have the standard 6 to choose from, you just don't get the specialized bonus.

MugenMusou
01-13-2016, 07:02 AM
I totally forgot about this. It's definitely gives another level of feel/component of RPG. I believe it's a concept innovativitve enough in digital card game, I can't imagine they are letting it go.