PDA

View Full Version : The Great HEX User Survey

Phenteo
01-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Just a friendly reminder that we're collecting feedback about HEX!

Link: https://www.hextcg.com/hex-user-survey-2015/

WolfCrypt
01-13-2016, 04:20 PM
I already filled it out. I think Hex doing very well probably an awful ill knowledgable surveyer but I tried my best and was honest XD. A lot of questions I was like "Er........"

Yoss
01-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Well, I'd spent a bunch of time trying to fill it out and I think it's amounted to nothing. I have many interruptions and so it takes me a long time to do something like this. Apparently they have a timer or something on it, so it just stopped responding after one of my interruptions.

meowstef
01-13-2016, 07:26 PM
well i for one am looking forward to special rewards from daily quests

wolzarg
01-13-2016, 09:24 PM
well i for one am looking forward to special rewards from daily quests
Would vote that a negative 52 out of 5 if i could.

Gwaer
01-13-2016, 09:54 PM
Would vote that a negative 52 out of 5 if i could.

We likely canceled one another out then, if i remember correctly that was my most highly rated option in that category =P

tecnophi
01-13-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm curious why people like the idea of a daily reward?

I understand people want more stuff, but why have it attached to a daily "go do this or that"? Why not have it as "go do this whenever and as many times as you want"?

What type of reward can there be that it fits well exclusively as a daily limited reward? As opposed to something like the night of bells events where you can earn the pve cards and the aa cards for very low effort.

To me, the answer to why usually boils down to the "loyalty" factor of "since I play daily I should be rewarded more than someone who doesn't".

Gwaer
01-13-2016, 11:09 PM
I've discussed at length why I like smartly implemented daily-esque systems. Some people really don't like them, some people like myself really do. I like having the structure.

I dislike strict daily systems that reset after one missed day, but there are tons of other options, like monthly daily logins where the month only has 20~ days, and as long as you log in 20 days out of 30 you get maximum rewards. Others never reset and you get something each day you log in. Sometimes there is rewards of increasing value up to a set number then it resets once you get there. There are tons and tons of great options for how to properly do a daily quest/daily login/daily incentive system that has way more positives than negatives. Fact is, even the super awful versions that reset on the first missed day and has strings of like 30 consecutive days required draw way more players than they push away. Just doesn't sense not to have something like it, and since it's hex they should do it in the best way possible.

zz_tophat
01-14-2016, 03:45 AM
Can we see the results of this survey?

I am very curious about what people said.

Khazrakh
01-14-2016, 05:17 AM
Fact is, even the super awful versions that reset on the first missed day and has strings of like 30 consecutive days required draw way more players than they push away. Just doesn't sense not to have something like it, and since it's hex they should do it in the best way possible.

I for one quit playing the Might&Magic CCG because I missed a login after I had maxed out the daily rewards. Never even started the game again.
Since I'm the most bestest player to have around Hex shouldn't have a consecutive login reward.

On a more serious note - I still voted the option to have daily quests/rewards with the highest possible option. I love the concept of always having stuff to aim for, goals to achieve and so on. It just has to be done right, i.e. reward me for doing stuff but never ever penalise me for not playing/logging in for some days.

Xenavire
01-14-2016, 05:18 AM
I dislike daily login stuff in general, but something I could see working is random consumables. You log in, if it is the first time that day, you get a random consumable. Assuming that these were untradable, and would have a value 'cap' (being available at a vendor for a modest gold amount) it would be a good perk that didn't feel like a punishment for missing now and then.

Hell, if they wanted to, they could make it vanish after a week, so you can't stockpile them infinitely. Encourages actual playing, as well as giving a non-vital perk. Would essentially ease the progress of new players while not forcing long-standing players to log in for fear of missing value.

katkillad
01-14-2016, 09:23 AM
There are a large amount of people who will feel if they miss a daily login reward then they will feel like they are losing value which isn't the feeling you want your player base to have.

I'd be more in favor for quests/activities that have a month long timeline. Something that doesn't feel like a job and something that doesn't make you feel like you are losing out if you don't log on every single day.

Tazelbain
01-14-2016, 10:28 AM
I hate any "log in" thing since feels like a blatant bribe.

As far daily quests: I like give a player ten random tasks out of fifty-ish. If they complete 3 of them, they get the reward. Tomorrow they get a new set tasks. The key is the tasks are things people do in a normal session and they cover a broad number of play-styles.

IE:
Win a random PG game.
Play a gauntlet match.
Complete a tier of frost arena.
Defeat a Boss.
Complete a dungeon.
Salvage 30 items.
Craft 10 items.
Deal 50 damage in a random encounter.
Find a hidden Boss.
Make Pentachills cry on stream.

Yoss
01-14-2016, 10:57 AM
In general I hate daily and login rewards. I will admit that there are probably some systems that would be palatable to me, but they'd need to be incredibly flexible (maybe a pick and choose like post 13 above) and probably at a maximum of weekly frequency. My #2 dislike from the KS was the daily login for lotus/acorn; I wish it was a daily generation with a 7 day buffer so you could collect anywhere from daily to weekly. (My #1 dislike, far, far above all others, is the Pay To Win RL bonus. Even now it should be changed to some form of time=money trade off like the other PvE tiers give. There are lots of options for how to do this without gimping the tier. It should not be a mechanical bonus never available to anyone else.)

Thoom
01-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Final Fantasy XIV had, I think, the best system for dailies I've seen. Every 4 hours you get an 'allowance' which allows you to take on one of their daily-equivalent quests (called levequests). Meaning you could do 6 dailies per day, or you could bank them up to 99 allowances and do them all in a big chunk.

TOOT
01-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Final Fantasy XIV had, I think, the best system for dailies I've seen. Every 4 hours you get an 'allowance' which allows you to take on one of their daily-equivalent quests (called levequests). Meaning you could do 6 dailies per day, or you could bank them up to 99 allowances and do them all in a big chunk.

Things like this are completely fine and the perfect answer to anyone who says OMG DAILIES SUCK.

Zophie
01-14-2016, 01:33 PM
Make Pentachills cry on stream.

http://i.imgur.com/2J2DycD.gif

McCloud68
01-14-2016, 03:34 PM
I want to see you do that Zophie!

Yoss
01-14-2016, 04:09 PM

If my math is right, that's basically like the Lotus/Acorn idea I posted above. 99 4 hour blocks is slightly more than 8 days banked. Such a system would be fine by me. It means you can play a little bit every day or in big chunks. I hope they do that and also update the Lotus/Acorn to work on that same system.

Ertzi
01-14-2016, 09:46 PM
I've discussed at length why I like smartly implemented daily-esque systems. Some people really don't like them, some people like myself really do. I like having the structure.

I don't need anyone to hold my hand and tell me how to play the game. I want to be able to jump into HEX and do what I want immediately. I hate daily login miss punishments with a burning passion (I already hate Solforge for it, even though I have only played a month) and thus gave that category the most negative rating that was available. I really do not want to start resenting HEX.

Xenavire
01-15-2016, 01:23 AM
I'll admit, the FFXIV daily allowance thing is great, I would be up for that for Hex. Possibly the only daily form I would enjoy rather than tolerate or ignore.

wolzarg
01-15-2016, 01:28 AM
I'll admit, the FFXIV daily allowance thing is great, I would be up for that for Hex. Possibly the only daily form I would enjoy rather than tolerate or ignore.
Is it one of those you have 50 different things to do but you can only pick 3?

Xenavire
01-15-2016, 05:16 AM
Is it one of those you have 50 different things to do but you can only pick 3?

The allowances let you 'pay' to get repeatable quests, that have modifiable difficulty, and are insanely good for levelling. You build up allowances over time, whether you are logged in or not, meaning you could stockpile them even if you are away for a weekend etc.

In short, they make levelling alts insanely easy, and while they can get a little repetitive, there are bonuses like treasure and bounties to keep you on your toes.

Plus, as a bonus, a high level player can effectively level boost a lower level player by finishing the objectives much faster.