PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the hex survey

pyrovoice
01-14-2016, 04:58 AM
https://www.hextcg.com/hex-user-survey-2015/

I completed the survey using the current state of Hex, not taking into acount the PvE and potential of the game. So please, ask again to complete this survey 2 weeks or so after the PvE release, a lot of answers will change ^^

Sinistarlol
01-14-2016, 05:22 AM
Just took the survey as well. some weird questions, some are accurate to what i was expecting. overall i'd say 6.5/10

Cainhu
01-14-2016, 05:51 AM
https://www.hextcg.com/hex-user-survey-2015/

I completed the survey using the current state of Hex, not taking into acount the PvE and potential of the game. So please, ask again to complete this survey 2 weeks or so after the PvE release, a lot of answers will change ^^

I completely agre with you. My answers could drastically change after the PvE release later this year.

Fateanomaly
01-14-2016, 06:31 AM
Ya why are they asking about the mmo/tcg aspect when it is not even in game yet.

ShloobeR
01-14-2016, 06:34 AM
Agree with the comments here,

Don't understand the timing of this survey at all, half the questions are irrelevant because the things they are alluding to have not been seen yet.

What do I think of the story so far? uh...
RPG aspects? D:

pjvedder
01-14-2016, 06:39 AM
Also the fact that the ESL tournament was brought up as if it was a current thing shows it's a bit out of date, even if Five Shards basically took over the weekly series.

Xenith
01-14-2016, 06:58 AM
I was surprised to see animated cards as a survey choice. I'd love to see it but it doesn't seem feasible with how many cards HEX is going to be putting out. Maybe only on legendary cards. Perhaps it's something their animation team could tackle after finishing the 360 panorama locations like the Dwarf Quarry preview from September.

pjvedder
01-14-2016, 07:36 AM
They could also be using the term "animated" loosely, like how the gold cards in Hearthstone can be "animated" slightly.

Fred
01-14-2016, 07:48 AM
Ya why are they asking about the mmo/tcg aspect when it is not even in game yet.

The fact that this survey exists seems like good news to me. What I think (pure speculation) happened is that HXE requested this survey about a month ago with the intention of releasing January 8th. It can take a while to setup a proper survey since you have to figure out the relevant questions, get them translated, and get the whole thing approved on several levels, so a 1+ month delay from inception to going live seems reasonable. Maybe even more given that the survey mentions ESL.

Now, when they planned on getting this survey out, they set out January 8th as the survey date, because they had expected PvE (and the whole MMO aspect) to have been out for about 2 to 3 weeks by then. When the last minute setbacks happened, HXE forget to postpone the survey, and Gameforge simply posted it as it was originally planned.

The fact that Gameforge posted the survey on January 8th, and that HXE only acknowledged it on the 13th tells me that HXE forgot about it and Gameforge was going on autopilot. This gives me hope that HXE actually really intended for PvE to be out by now.

Either that, or that whole survey thing was entirely Gameforge's idea, and they have absolutely no clue what is going on (ESL, Story, MMO, etc.)

SnowwyWolf
01-14-2016, 08:02 AM
I think surveys will almost always help to improve the state of things regardless of the timing, perhaps some of the questions could have been removed from it and more relevant ones in place of them but overall it seems like the survey is getting a rough idea of the best way to move forward in terms of marketing and advertising (amongnst other things).

tecnophi
01-14-2016, 08:09 AM
Either that, or that whole survey thing was entirely Gameforge's idea, and they have absolutely no clue what is going on (ESL, Story, MMO, etc.)

Sadly there are sign of that. Considering things like "Das Tutorial" and mentions of ESL. Especially if anyone does their homework the number of players that took part in the ESL tournaments are public. I guess that question lends itself in to the next section of "why not?" if it is selected. It is interesting that they focus the question on something like a third party tournament instead of asking about the IQs and the 100k. I think getting the player's opinions on the IQs so far would have been more useful.

Also it feels like to me, whoever made the survey doesn't quite understand the playerbase when it comes to tournaments. As the reasons for "why didn't you play in an ESL tournament?" are: "didn't know about it", "not interesting in eSports", "not interested in HEX tournaments", and "don't understand how to take part". I think that what players usually consider in playing a tournament is the time commitment, format, prize support, ease of participation, expected level of competition, etc.

Parts of the survey smells of market testing like "looking for words that best describe the game", I wouldn't be surprised to see the top options used in some ad campaign in the near future.

wolzarg
01-14-2016, 11:09 PM
Well i mean marketing for better(or mostly for the worse) is 99% buzzwords and hooks. I have been on a few panels to make some extra money as a poor student and its the same thing every time. Vague questions that you have to expand on your answer for so they can hit on buzz words.

funktion
01-14-2016, 11:49 PM
Yeah, tech pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter. The survey did seem a little out of touch and obviously as with these types of things context is always better. Granted being able to add context to it would be nice but that doesn't really work well for metrics and when it comes to context not everyone's input is equal I would say.

Ginaz
01-14-2016, 11:51 PM
They need to hire a proof reader and fix the typos and German words. "Das tutorial"? Come on, man.

Zophie
01-15-2016, 12:14 AM
They need to hire a proof reader and fix the typos and German words. "Das tutorial"? Come on, man.

Haha I just thought it was funny, and how they had "Konsole" as an option too. Not a big deal imo, it was good for a quick laugh, I almost wondered for a sec if they left it on purpose.

Survey was a bit longer than I think it had to be, but I'm happy to take the time if hopefully they get some good feedback from it in the end.

poizonous
01-15-2016, 02:48 AM
Das boot!!!

Catalonia
01-15-2016, 03:03 AM
I was surprised to see animated cards as a survey choice. I'd love to see it but it doesn't seem feasible with how many cards HEX is going to be putting out

i absolutely dont want to see animated cards (specially if its done like most of the extended art that just shows a bigger portion of land or sky). better put development ressources into other areas

KingGabriel
01-15-2016, 03:31 AM
I demand a Hex Survey.... Survey! :P

tecnophi
01-15-2016, 03:58 AM

You are not my king! I don't even think you are a real king!

But actually it isn't a bad idea to have a playerbased survey questions be made. Could end up with a better focused and represented answer from the players. But best to be well after pve release.

Valnir
01-15-2016, 05:20 AM

Yeahh I totally agree!! And include a question about the background color, becouse I really had a hard time looking the current one! :P

Jokes aside, this was the first survey I completed in my life becouse this was the first time I had a feeling my answers counts..

Tinfoil
01-15-2016, 07:20 AM
This survey was not created to get feedback on the game. It was a marketing survey to get key stats on the target audience and their primary motivation for playing. It will probably be used as part of making a marketing strategy. Im guessing Gameforge have lots of data from the gaming world, so it is important to coin the niche that Hex fulfills (in relation to target audience and other games).

A qualitative survey would ask question that would be closer to the game, this is more quantitative where they want numbers that are comparable to other numbers from the industry.

Or that is my interpretation anyhow.