PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found! (PvE Spoiler)

NOBLEReverter
01-16-2016, 06:07 PM
While reverting Starshields back into a collection of stars in a non-shield formation, I came across this:

https://hextcg.com/wp-content/themes/hex/images/autocard/Purging%20Flames.png

I'm not sure what it is, but maybe all of you will find a use for it... =]

NOBLEStarshield
01-16-2016, 06:09 PM
omg <3333

Gwaer
01-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Wait are we allowed to just post thing we've 'found' >=)

Also, you might want to do that again without saving it to the forum, cause the forum makes it super small.

sukebe
01-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Very nice. I like that it can both kill large numbers of troops and voids all troops in crypts when it is done. that can be fairly handy in many situations.

Thank you for the spoiler :-)

plaguedealer
01-16-2016, 06:25 PM
this and rain of meteors could be fun, always liked the possibility of rain of meteors

WolfCrypt
01-16-2016, 06:47 PM
This strikes me as a reward for the dungeon the Ruby and fire zombies are from.

Mejis
01-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Wait are we allowed to just post thing we've 'found' >=)

Also, you might want to do that again without saving it to the forum, cause the forum makes it super small.

Here's a bigger image:

https://hextcg.com/wp-content/themes/hex/images/autocard/Purging%20Flames.png

EDIT: love the card btw.

Xavon
01-16-2016, 06:55 PM
I like it. Can't wait to have four of these in my burn deck. And I wonder what the equips would be.

But it is missing 'all' before crypts. Otherwise in any battle with three or more parties, the intent becomes unclear.

SquallTiofae
01-16-2016, 07:17 PM
Good god, this combos so well with R/S Chronic Madness.dec

Mejis
01-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Good god, this combos so well with R/S Chronic Madness.dec

Very cool idea. I will be trying this out for sure.

Phenteo
01-16-2016, 10:12 PM
I like it. Can't wait to have four of these in my burn deck. And I wonder what the equips would be.

But it is missing 'all' before crypts. Otherwise in any battle with three or more parties, the intent becomes unclear.

I'll ask the designers on Monday! Thank you for pointing that out!

Aradon
01-16-2016, 10:17 PM
I would imagine that 'all' is unnecessary templating. It would count each troop in any crypt, so it's pretty much implied already.

wolzarg
01-16-2016, 11:11 PM
I would imagine that 'all' is unnecessary templating. It would count each troop in any crypt, so it's pretty much implied already.
It needs a all somewhere in there for sure.

Gwaer
01-16-2016, 11:39 PM
It needs a all somewhere in there for sure.

Why? For each troop in crypts seems to cover every troop in any crypt.

Xavon
01-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Why? For each troop in crypts seems to cover every troop in any crypt.

Unless there are more than two crypts. In that case, it could mean any number more than one.

I would generally expect the current wording to mean 'all', but I think it is better to be as clear as possible.

Gwaer
01-17-2016, 12:35 AM
I understand all would be more clear, since adding qualifiers is always more clear, but how does the current wording indicate a cutoff past 2? Seems if there are 17 crypts with troops in, they would all be troops in crypts.

Ertzi
01-17-2016, 01:13 AM
I understand all would be more clear, since adding qualifiers is always more clear, but how does the current wording indicate a cutoff past 2? Seems if there are 17 crypts with troops in, they would all be troops in crypts.

I agree with this. 'All crypts' would certainly be better and clearer, but in my opinion simply saying 'crypts' means each and every crypt in the current game. If the plural is used in this way, I see no logical reason to assume that the count would stop, say, after the fourth crypt.

Erukk
01-17-2016, 03:33 AM
I'm wondering how this (and voiding as a whole) will work with dungeon and/or raid boss decks. We heard that you can't win the game by burying their deck, since they simply reshuffle their crypt back into deck, but how about voiding the card afterwards? Will we be able to lockdown their deck if be bury all but say 2 or 3 of their cards and then void their crypt? Or will they still simply reshuffle their crypt and void back into their deck once they hit 0?

WolfCrypt
01-17-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm wondering how this (and voiding as a whole) will work with dungeon and/or raid boss decks. We heard that you can't win the game by burying their deck, since they simply reshuffle their crypt back into deck, but how about voiding the card afterwards? Will we be able to lockdown their deck if be bury all but say 2 or 3 of their cards and then void their crypt? Or will they still simply reshuffle their crypt and void back into their deck once they hit 0?

I think this card is used against the boss for thematic purposes of purging the crypt (which that ghost enemy is from judging from artwork of this card)

ossuary
01-17-2016, 04:00 PM
My guess would be that a dungeon / raid boss with special defeat rules could just be set to not lose if it can't draw a card, AND recycle its crypt into its deck. That way, even if its combined deck and crypt are empty, it still doesn't lose, it just can't draw any more (unless it can generate more cards in some other way, like from cards still in play).

WolfCrypt
01-17-2016, 06:51 PM
I'd expect that take a long ass time to make them deck out and void their crypt.

Koz
01-18-2016, 10:23 AM
I wonder how many of these PvE cards will be used in AI decks. This card single handedly kills several deck types (recursion decks and Blessing of the Fallen decks come to mind immediately), so hopefully the AI won't be using this much! ;)

pjvedder
01-18-2016, 10:50 AM
I wonder how many of these PvE cards will be used in AI decks. This card single handedly kills several deck types (recursion decks and Blessing of the Fallen decks come to mind immediately), so hopefully the AI won't be using this much! ;)

If i had to venture a guess, I'd say this would be very much fair game in AI decks. I think part of what HXE wants to accomplish (though i could be wrong) is that they want you to try to use different decks versus different encounters. There probably won't be "one deck to rule them all". With a card like this, it will negate the decks you mention above, so then it's back to the drawing board to come up with a new deck to beat the dungeon. On the other hand decks like Blessing of the Fallen or recursion may be the only answer to other dungeons/encounters.

WolfCrypt
01-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Personaally my decks be more geared toward talents