PDA

View Full Version : Update bout my dispute with G2A

Phoenixfire
01-18-2016, 05:43 AM
Long story short I had a bank dispute with G2A.com , I bought 50 usd of codes from them for HEX PLAT

The guy sent me already used codes, I went to my bank weeks ago and had the charges reversed.

Last week I found out my bank account was negative over 80 dollars.

It seems the back sided with G2a because they sent proof they provided services even though there services were a scam..

Further more my bank charged me about 34 dollars for my account being in the negatives.

I have proof g2a sent me used codes because I have the emails from HEX BILLING explaining it was used in a another country.

This has not only rubbed me wrong way but screwed me up financially now where I can't pay certain people I owe cash to.

I warne veryone stay away from G2A.com

Cernz
01-18-2016, 06:16 AM
ok, thank you.

fido_one
01-18-2016, 06:58 AM
Long story short I had a bank dispute with G2A.com , I bought 50 usd of codes from them for HEX PLAT

The guy sent me already used codes, I went to my bank weeks ago and had the charges reversed.

Last week I found out my bank account was negative over 80 dollars.

It seems the back sided with G2a because they sent proof they provided services even though there services were a scam..

Further more my bank charged me about 34 dollars for my account being in the negatives.

I have proof g2a sent me used codes because I have the emails from HEX BILLING explaining it was used in a another country.

This has not only rubbed me wrong way but screwed me up financially now where I can't pay certain people I owe cash to.

I warne veryone stay away from G2A.com

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I am wondering, did you get the g2a 'shield' service that they say protects against such stuff? I'd be interested.

I stopped using them on a bad key (albeit small cost) w/ the shield service as after submitting a ticket with it, realized that the 'insurance' is just the customer spending more money to get an illogical answer on how they took a risk and lost, rather than a refund.

Anyone know better key and code trading sites than G2A? Or are they the only game in town?

SnowwyWolf
01-18-2016, 07:03 AM
It depends entirely what you have bought from G2A and the method you have used to pay with, I highly recommend using G2A shield (if you are worried about getting scammed). The next thing I would recommend always doing is paying using Paypal with your debit / credit card attached to it because then you have an extra layer of security as you can get Paypal involved as well. Failing everything else you do still have the option of chasing it up with your bank still, at least how it works in the UK with the stage you are at your bank would have to supply you with more forms to fill out, claiming how it is a case of fraud / scam. If your bank say they cannot take it any further then I would send a complaint to your banks complain department explaining the situation and everything that has happened, if they do not give you a satisfactory response you can then take it with your banks ombudsman.

I have never had a single issue with G2A and have used it to purchase many games, WoW time etc. It appears that you are more likely to be scammed by people who sell currencies for particular companies. I would do my best to still take it further then, constantly e-mail G2A complaint / customer service team until they do something about it, if they do not reply within 48 hours of you e-mailing them, send them another e-mail. Time consuming for sure but in the end you should get your money back.

Either way, best of luck to what you decide to do next.

Edit - @Fido :
There are others, one example being Kinguin but the problem is the people who scam / sell on G2A are likely to also operate on all the other popular sites, I suppose it is how the website decides to deal with them is the case. When is it you bought G2A shield with your purchase and they refused to refund you? I would have been more then happy to correspond with G2A until your refund is granted, with your permission of course.

Elwinz
01-18-2016, 07:40 AM
I have never had isssues with g2a.

Xzaron
01-18-2016, 08:35 AM
I will follow Elwinz and say I had never had issues with g2a until my last issue with g2a. Bought a key as I had done for hex a few times before and they sent me a key that had already been used. They gave me some illogical answer about how to go through to process of proving that it had already been used and none of which made sense. Paypal fixed the problem and gave me a refund.

tldr; You won't have a problem until you have a problem Buyer Beware.

wolzarg
01-18-2016, 08:37 AM
I have never had isssues with g2a.
Me either but any time the deal seems to good to be true i pick shield and the only time i had a issue the shield made it so i had a replacement in 15 minutes.

Kroan
01-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Again. One-sided story and without details from both sides we can only assume stuff. I said this in your last topic already, but if you buy from g2a, you often buy from a person selling stuff through g2a. If you don't use shield at that point to save some pennies, I don't know what to tell you.

fido_one
01-18-2016, 09:30 AM
It depends entirely what you have bought from G2A and the method you have used to pay with, I highly recommend using G2A shield (if you are worried about getting scammed). The next thing I would recommend always doing is paying using Paypal with your debit / credit card attached to it because then you have an extra layer of security as you can get Paypal involved as well. Failing everything else you do still have the option of chasing it up with your bank still, at least how it works in the UK with the stage you are at your bank would have to supply you with more forms to fill out, claiming how it is a case of fraud / scam. If your bank say they cannot take it any further then I would send a complaint to your banks complain department explaining the situation and everything that has happened, if they do not give you a satisfactory response you can then take it with your banks ombudsman.

I have never had a single issue with G2A and have used it to purchase many games, WoW time etc. It appears that you are more likely to be scammed by people who sell currencies for particular companies. I would do my best to still take it further then, constantly e-mail G2A complaint / customer service team until they do something about it, if they do not reply within 48 hours of you e-mailing them, send them another e-mail. Time consuming for sure but in the end you should get your money back.

Either way, best of luck to what you decide to do next.

Edit - @Fido :
There are others, one example being Kinguin but the problem is the people who scam / sell on G2A are likely to also operate on all the other popular sites, I suppose it is how the website decides to deal with them is the case. When is it you bought G2A shield with your purchase and they refused to refund you? I would have been more then happy to correspond with G2A until your refund is granted, with your permission of course.

SnowwyWolf, thanks mate, but it was more of my error than theirs and I am probably overly salty about it due to unrelated things. They offered me a resolution path but for the price of the fee, I realized it was far from worth the effort. Shield seems a requirement for significant purchases, but for the small ones, less than 3 dollars, there is too much legwork to get the funds back. Should have realized that when I purchased.

Xzaron
01-18-2016, 09:45 AM
I will say as an update to my post so it doesn't get lost as an update. I have always used shield and have been screwed over with shield.

sukebe
01-18-2016, 02:11 PM
isn't G2A the site that was caught selling codes paid for with stolen credit cards? Can you ever really trust a site that does that (or allows its sellers to do that)? Is saving a bit of money really worth the potential of buying stolen goods? I have a fixed income and have been unable to spend any money on Hex for months now and I still would not purchase from G2A just to save a little money.

Zophie
01-18-2016, 03:31 PM
The fact that they ask you to pay extra for protection that they should already be providing should be enough of a red flag for people. There are so many reports of fraud and scams surrounding that site, even with paying extra for "shield", that for the life of me I can't understand why people still risk using that site for anything.

INB4 anecdotal evidence of "Well I've purchased from G2A and it worked out fine" - Yes, everything is great until something goes wrong, let's hope your luck holds up next time you take that risk.

Voormas
01-18-2016, 03:56 PM
G2A always seemed like a scam to me, guess I wasn't far off the mark

RCDv57
01-18-2016, 08:53 PM
I've never had a problem with G2A and I never will.
Because I do not trust game codes and will never give them money.

Khazrakh
01-19-2016, 03:03 AM
The fact that G2A often sells stuff at a fraction of what you'd pay for it anywhere else should tell you all you need to know really.

Xexist
01-19-2016, 10:25 AM
The fact that G2A often sells stuff at a fraction of what you'd pay for it anywhere else should tell you all you need to know really.

not really

Saeijou
01-19-2016, 10:44 AM
i recently had issues with g2a as well... i wont do anything with them anymore

Quantius
01-19-2016, 10:52 AM
G2A is the equivalent of sitting at a red light and having some guy in a van pull up next to you, and then give you the spiel about how they have all sorts of tech goods that they're selling for next to nothing. While you don't "technically" know if they acquired those items in a legit manner - you *know* they didn't.

I used G2A before and I did the whole screen share/voice activation deal - it did work for me, but it felt like some real shady stuff, so I've stayed way since.

Showsni
01-20-2016, 03:41 AM
I read an article about these "grey market" websites a while back... Here: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006693/the-truth-behind-those-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes

Seems like G2A are even fishier than Kinguin; the article says it was very obfuscated who the code had actually come from, very easy to set themselves up as a seller without much background info requested from G2A, and that the G2A ecommerce process was fairly shoddy in general.

Kersed
01-20-2016, 12:52 PM
I rather have problems with G2A than Gameforge.. at least you don't lose your account if its with G2A.

Zophie
01-20-2016, 02:19 PM
I rather have problems with G2A than Gameforge.. at least you don't lose your account if its with G2A.

So when you lose your account because GF finds out the codes you bought off G2A and redeemed for plat were purchased with stolen credit cards it's a problem with GF, not G2A?

Kersed
01-20-2016, 03:27 PM
So when you lose your account because GF finds out the codes you bought off G2A and redeemed for plat were purchased with stolen credit cards it's a problem with GF, not G2A?

NO, i mean that if you pay gameforge directly and something happens with billing Gameforge will ban you. If you have issues with G2A you can take it out with them and your account is still fairly safe :)

Just speaking out of my experience that i'm not able to discuss without getting deleted.

nicosharp
01-20-2016, 03:29 PM

Please stop using GF abbreviation for Game Forge.. It just tarnishes my busting nuts references.

Zophie
01-20-2016, 03:33 PM
NO, i mean that if you pay gameforge directly and something happens with billing Gameforge will ban you. If you have issues with G2A you can take it out with them and your account is still fairly safe

I follow you, except for the bolded part. If you get codes that were obtained fraudulently from G2A and GameForge catches them your account is not necessarily "fairly safe", they have the right to not only remove the plat/reverse transactions, but they could also lock down your account altogether. I don't know if this has happened with GameForge specifically, but I've seen it happen with plenty of other games and because of this I would never risk jeopardizing my account by using shady codes bought off of G2A.