PDA

View Full Version : Vampire royalty question

benczi
01-18-2016, 09:53 AM
This has been bugging me for quite a while now, so I decided to ask it now before the new stuff comes in: Why is Vampire King Legendary and Vampire Princess Rare?

plaguedealer
01-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Princess Victoria is rare but Prince Talysen is legendary, hey that seems odd! Queen Grace is rare (I call shenanigans).

IronPheasant
01-18-2016, 10:35 AM
There can only be one king but a king can produce multiple princesses so there's a princess surplus in the ratio balance.

Hope this helps.

Crota
01-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Gender Bias in the world of Entrath?

Zophie
01-18-2016, 10:41 AM
The Princess is rare and not legendary so she won't seem as intimidating to potential suitors. Don't want them thinking the princess has some kind of a reputation you know... ;)

regomar
01-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Can't tell if serious. Please don't let this be serious.

SirLuxor
01-18-2016, 12:51 PM
There can only be one king but a king can produce multiple princesses so there's a princess surplus in the ratio balance.

Hope this helps.
So why Vampire king is not unique? it should be... there is only one king... so maybe vampire have multiple kings... maybe we should call them masters?

Tazelbain
01-18-2016, 12:54 PM
There are literally multiple living kings in our world today.

SirLuxor
01-18-2016, 01:04 PM
mmm yes and not, they are king's of their nation, not of a race, vampire king is the king of a race from the name of the card, and description say "long live to the king, to the eternity for be precise" so it don't say nothing about others king, but just about long live to the king (himself) (i don't care about implications in game, just logic)

Tazelbain
01-18-2016, 01:17 PM
We have plenty of "human kings" who are are not king of all humans.

NOBLEStarshield
01-18-2016, 01:20 PM
We have plenty of "human kings" who are are not king of all humans.

*cough cough* King Gabriel *cough cough*

Flairina
01-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Well, lore wise, I'd say it's because the kings probably turned the princesses. I doubt they're actual royalty (especially given that kings aren't unique), or even related, so the princesses are likely just the female vampires that have been elevated above "thrall" status. Do note that vampires in entrath appear to be very full of themselves.

Power/meta wise, not sure. Technically vampire king is more powerful, but given that Vampire Princess can be dropped earlier and has a near equally relevant effect, hard to say. Perhaps because king gives a permanent troop instead of an action that can be potentially played for free, and troop deprivation is more impactful than trick deprivation? Who can say.

Also, of course there's gender bias in Entrath, at least meta-wise. Look at the necrotic. I'm not sure why whoever made the decision to make a "fanservice race" did so, but they probably think it heightens the game somehow. Though that really has nothing to do with rarity levels, so it's sort of just an aside to this... erm, discussion.

sukebe
01-18-2016, 01:59 PM
the rarity difference is likely for no other reason than game purposes. Vampire king is considerably stronger than vampire princes so he is set at legendary and she at rare.

Also, nothing on the card says he is king of all vampires, only that he is a vampire who is also a king. that is why he is not unique.

IronPheasant
01-18-2016, 02:51 PM
uh huh, then why they all look alike?

everyone knows highly skilled vampires know the mist clone technique. it's the same vampire multiplexing into multiple corporeal spaces.

that's why he's the king of the vampires and you're not

Zophie
01-18-2016, 03:13 PM
*cough cough* King Gabriel *cough cough*

http://i.imgur.com/zdw8ztH.png

sukebe
01-18-2016, 09:31 PM
uh huh, then why they all look alike?

Racist!

LNQ
01-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Cloud Queen = Uncommon
Cloud King = Rare

I see a pattern!

benczi
01-19-2016, 04:55 AM
Vampire king is considerably stronger than vampire princess

Is he? I consider them to be at the same power level. they have almost identical powers. one steals troops, the other actions. it's not the 2/2 body that makes the kings ability so good, it's the fact that it removes a card from the opponents hand. it's the same with the princess.

Xenavire
01-19-2016, 06:18 AM
Is he? I consider them to be at the same power level. they have almost identical powers. one steals troops, the other actions. it's not the 2/2 body that makes the kings ability so good, it's the fact that it removes a card from the opponents hand. it's the same with the princess.

King also has better stats (which despite the cost increase, makes him a lot better.) Highly resistant to standard burn cards, 3 att for that lifedrain, and picks up extra 2/2 evasive lifedrainers along the way.

VP has the advantage of having a chance of creating removal though, so she isn't a slouch.

SirLuxor
01-19-2016, 06:34 AM

i don't think is the 2/2 body the real problem, but that, plus the lifedrain of both plus the remove of a possible random creature.
All this factor toghether make that card enought good for be a legendary
and... legendary doesn't mean be strong, there are legendary cards which are not so usefull or stronger than rare cards

Fred
01-19-2016, 08:30 AM
There are literally multiple living kings in our world today.

How many of them are vampires though?

Tazelbain
01-19-2016, 08:35 AM
All of them, just not the blood drinking kind.

the_artic_one
01-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Cloud Queen = Uncommon
Cloud King = Rare

I see a pattern!

Fun Royalty fact:
If there's a King and a Queen, the King is always the ruler, the husband of a ruling Queen is called a Prince.

LNQ
01-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Really? Interesting, I did not know that!

Card rarity doesn't have to correlate with authority though. ;)

Saeijou
01-19-2016, 10:46 AM
because there is only one legendary princess!!!

princess cory :D

benczi
01-19-2016, 02:41 PM
i don't think is the 2/2 body the real problem, but that, plus the lifedrain of both plus the remove of a possible random creature.
All this factor toghether make that card enought good for be a legendary
and... legendary doesn't mean be strong, there are legendary cards which are not so usefull or stronger than rare cards

Exactly, from the minute I saw the Princess I couldn't figure out why she isn't legendary as well (hence this thread)? She has the power+utility for being a legendary card.

(edit: you forgot + evasion)

SirLuxor
01-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Exactly, from the minute I saw the Princess I couldn't figure out why she isn't legendary as well (hence this thread)? She has the power+utility for being a legendary card.

(edit: you forgot + evasion)

Is flight? (be patient if is that XD)

velk
01-19-2016, 10:50 PM
So why Vampire king is not unique? it should be... there is only one king... so maybe vampire have multiple kings... maybe we should call them masters?

They work on a regional franchise model, like Burger King.