PDA

View Full Version : ESL rewards - make it clear please...

Lord_Simplet
01-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Short post to warn people who want to participate to ESL tournaments EU.
Few weeks ago (community n2), the winner received 7k plat, which was great reward, and maybe suprising, because no rewards were (and still are) announced on the tourney page.
Two weeks ago I finished second, so I was expecting something like 3k plat as rewards.
Today I received my reward and I was really surprised.. I got 1 SET 1 PACK.
Yeah, really, 1 set 1 pack, and the winner got 2 of them...

Please make it clear for next tournaments, dont give different prizes each week.
For sure you will not see me in future ESL tournaments without rewards announced... Too much time wasted and disappointement...

Dejh
01-18-2016, 01:48 PM
I approve of this post, it was very very disappointing to receive 2 packs for winning the entire tournament. I know it's free and all, but changing the rewards without any warning was not a cool move. Maybe some communication before-hand would be better next time, that and some decent prizes because one and two packs are nothing...
It is a shame because I really loved the ESL and invested money in the game with those tournaments in mind. I'm not even lying. Winning one was very nice but it just doesn't feel like it with such a ridiculous prize. Please don't bore all the players away from those.

Deathlock
01-18-2016, 02:26 PM
+1. Also I would absolutely love some money rewards to come back (may be in in-game tournaments, not ESL). It would be even better if not only the winner gets a reward. At least something small, like 50$ for the first place, 25$ for the second one, 15$ for the 3rd and 10$ for the 4th would be just amazing, it would bring sooo many more players to the game and tournaments! It just feels good to win at least a tiny ammount of cash instead of some virtual stuff.

Metronomy
01-18-2016, 02:45 PM
this was the most trollish and infuriating thing i have experienced so far in this game....7k changed to 1 pack without any info....thing is that i didnt play diamond cup and missed one fiveshards weekly because of this bullcrap...sorry for using some heavy language but this whole thing is disgusting

Metronomy
01-19-2016, 04:44 AM
sad thing is that we probably wont even get a response (since the esl-admins probably dont even read this)...i asked shadowdraft in irc chat about prizes 2 weeks ago (the exact time they changed them)...he said he could not tell what the prizes are (cause he said he would not know)...that being said thats what he said also all the weeks before...its just a very sad joke

Maybe Phenteo or someone can contact them so that we at least get a clear statement about future prizes. I have given up on speaking to ESL (also still waiting on my money from september and october last year).

Lord_Simplet
01-19-2016, 09:32 AM
I thought ESL was a serious organization... I was wrong. They should not organize such tourneys if rewards are the same as a 5 people's tournament organized by 2 or 3 friends...

Saeijou
01-19-2016, 10:48 AM
ESL is still a thing? i thought that died...

well... apperantly it did