PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday HEXTCG Channel PVE Card Spoiler!

Sithos
01-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone, Tuesday Official HEXTCG Channel Streamer Sithos here!

Wanted to share the love and show you this fantastic spoiler I was given by Phenteo!

Enjoy and think of all the amazing combo potential this card will have ;)http://i.imgur.com/o8oH0nQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o8oH0nQ.jpg

funktion
01-19-2016, 07:16 PM
I like it! Seems great given the right situation. Probably not for every deck or situation but I imagine this will get along nicely with Azurefate.

Aradon
01-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Yeah, inspire this for some fun times. Killer art, too.

WolfCrypt
01-19-2016, 07:30 PM
That is freaky and badass all at once

Deathlock
01-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Wow! I like the art very much.

Saeijou
01-19-2016, 07:36 PM
it doesnt specify the zone... so at the end of round 1, i have 4 of them in hand? :P

Aradon
01-19-2016, 07:42 PM
it doesnt specify the zone... so at the end of round 1, i have 4 of them in hand? :P

Generally the rule is that if it doesn't specify a zone to work from, it doesn't apply the text unless it's on the battlefield. In other words, if a card says, "If this is in your library, move it up one space at the start of your turn," or "Shuffle this card from your crypt into your library," then those abilities function because they refer to the zone they're meant to activate from. Since this one doesn't mention a zone, it only activates from the battlefield.

WolfCrypt
01-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Basically it's John The Ghostie from Vanguard but not adorable.

Xavon
01-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Generally the rule is that if it doesn't specify a zone to work from, it doesn't apply the text unless it's on the battlefield. In other words, if a card says, "If this is in your library, move it up one space at the start of your turn," or "Shuffle this card from your crypt into your library," then those abilities function because they refer to the zone they're meant to activate from. Since this one doesn't mention a zone, it only activates from the battlefield.

Which is too bad; if it worked from your crypt it would be an excellent card. Instead, if seem somewhat expensive for the ability.

Xenavire
01-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Which is too bad; if it worked from your crypt it would be an excellent card. Instead, if seem somewhat expensive for the ability.

Permanent cost modifiers could be interesting though. It has potential. Hell, give it flight and it is like a better Scrap Welder, and that can be fun to use.

Aradon
01-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not worth it on its own, but it's a pretty solid synergy boost with inspires.

wolzarg
01-19-2016, 09:03 PM
That is what equipment are for.

Fred
01-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Infinite Azurecannon

Sithos
01-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Another key thing to note is that it is UNCOMMON and does not have Underworld or Ardent allegiance, meaning it could pair well in both Human and Necrotic decks! :)

Xenavire
01-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Another key thing to note is that it is UNCOMMON and does not have Underworld or Ardent allegiance, meaning it could pair well in both Human and Necrotic decks! :)

It's too bad Wakuna only lets Coyotles chain the prophecy, or this would be beyond nuts. Are there any other CIP abilities we can tack on somehow? Also, Indigo Prophecy would be great, play for freeeee.

wolzarg
01-19-2016, 09:55 PM
It's too bad Wakuna only lets Coyotles chain the prophecy, or this would be beyond nuts. Are there any other CIP abilities we can tack on somehow? Also, Indigo Prophecy would be great, play for freeeee.
If you allow me to go stupidly deep we always have wintermoon which is amazing but fairly farfetched. :P

Fateanomaly
01-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Well not always since there is a good chance pvp champions wouldn't be used for pve after campaign launches.

wolzarg
01-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Well not always since there is a good chance pvp champions wouldn't be used for pve after campaign launches.
No evidence she leaves frostring arena and i did say stupidly deep.

Valnir
01-20-2016, 05:42 AM
Permanent cost modifiers could be interesting though. It has potential. Hell, give it flight and it is like a better Scrap Welder, and that can be fun to use.

Jags+ Azurefate (dmg, quick) 30 direct damage (more with equips) in 2 turns sounds fair to me.

ossuary
01-20-2016, 06:20 AM
Yeah, this card was custom built for Inspire abuse. It should be fun to play around with, especially since at uncommon you can put more of them in your deck early on in the campaign. This will be a nice early bomb to play around with.

Showsni
01-20-2016, 07:32 AM
Of course, Devoted Emissary can do much the same things; as well as being a Quick way to save your other troops if need be...

wolzarg
01-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Of course, Devoted Emissary can do much the same things; as well as being a Quick way to save your other troops if need be...
He can't go the inspire rout besides the damage gem unlike this guy and he also can't attack and return to hand. But you are correct which only makes it easier as you would probably play both if you truly went in for that plan in a pve deck.

Xavon
01-20-2016, 08:00 AM
That is what equipment are for.

Making weak (or even mediocre, depending on how they are acquired) PvE cards, and claiming they can be fixed or made useful with equipment, is not a valid design strategy. Especially when the claim has always been PvE is going to be where the cool/strange/OP cards would make themselves known.

Evilgm
01-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Making weak (or even mediocre, depending on how they are acquired) PvE cards, and claiming they can be fixed or made useful with equipment, is not a valid design strategy.
I disagree. Having a card that is only good when you have a specific piece of equipment is effectively another method of costing, because you have to dedicate that slot to play that card. It isn't a mechanic that should be commonly used, but can be good for high impact cards or ones that decks are built around.

In regards this card it is absolutely playable without equipment, though it will require a specific type of deck to warrant it's inclusion, such as Inspire decks mentioned above.

Aradon
01-20-2016, 08:29 AM
Especially in PvP, where a card might need to be sub-par for limited balance reasons, equipment are great augmentation tools. But like Evilgm said, they're another knob in terms of balancing in PvE too. Mediocre card without equipment, or excellent card with equipment. It could just be a price you need to pay for that card.

Lisa89
01-20-2016, 08:32 AM
So this is it! Looks very interesting :D

Erebus
01-20-2016, 09:13 AM
This card is a toolbox card. Some encounters and dungeon will have nasty effects that'll effect your troops in play. This troop limits the ability of your opponent to interact with it. It'll allow us to build a specific deck to deal with an especially difficult niche encounter.