PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the racial traits so far

wolzarg
01-19-2016, 10:32 PM
So today we could see a few racial traits briefly and one especially stuck out to me. The human one gives a bonus to experience before max level and a % bonus to gold gained at max level. Its not a super big deal but personally i hate when races give these kinds of bonuses as they tend to shoehorn a lot of people into the role.

That said i am in no way claiming it is actually better end value than say the dwarf armor just that the benefit is more tangible to players especially new ones.

Intellectual Pursuits: earn +10% experience then at max level gain +2% gold instead.

velk
01-19-2016, 10:43 PM
So today we could see a few racial traits briefly and one especially stuck out to me. The human one gives a bonus to experience before max level and a % bonus to gold gained at max level. Its not a super big deal but personally i hate when races give these kinds of bonuses as they tend to shoehorn a lot of people into the role.

That said i am in no way claiming it is actually better end value than say the dwarf armor just that the benefit is more tangible to players especially new ones.

Intellectual Pursuits: earn +10% experience then at max level gain +2% gold instead.

Attributes that give bonus xp in games with a level cap are filled with fail. Converting to a gold bonus instead is not bad, but whether that becomes an actual gold bonus probably depends on how trivial popular farming content can get.

Assuming the best gold farming run has 100% success rate for humans, you get your 2% advantage. If, however, the best gold farming run has an 80% success rate, it's entirely possible the dwarf trait is going to change your win percentage by a high enough amount that it's actually worth more in pure gold farming terms.

If you are of the more constant dungeon spam gold grinder type, it's also possible the other race traits could make the run 2% faster even if both have 100% success rate, leading to equal gold over time.

Personally I'm more curious if it stacks with dungeon crawler, and if it does, whether it does so by adding or multiplying.