PDA

View Full Version : Deck restrictions to Frost Ring Arena, too!

LNQ
01-20-2016, 10:48 AM
How about making Frost Ring Arena more interesting and imposing similar deckbuilding restrictions to that just like campaign? Maybe not tied to Campaign character level but tied to choosing your champion's race.

Perhaps introduce some additional loot there, perhaps even loot specific to playing with a certain race.

Would revitalize the Arena a bit as well, and also allow to tone down the craziness of some of the encounters so it's not a "kill fast or be killed" kind of a situation with Xarlox, for instance.

WolfCrypt
01-20-2016, 10:52 AM
I use these restrictions anyway but be nice to have an incentive to do FR after Camp is out long as I can be my camp champ.

Tazelbain
01-20-2016, 10:56 AM
I thought a developer said during charity event that the frost arena was going to retooled to fit into the campaign.

Xenavire
01-20-2016, 10:57 AM
How about making Frost Ring Arena more interesting and imposing similar deckbuilding restrictions to that just like campaign? Maybe not tied to Campaign character level but tied to choosing your champion's race.

Perhaps introduce some additional loot there, perhaps even loot specific to playing with a certain race.

Would revitalize the Arena a bit as well, and also allow to tone down the craziness of some of the encounters so it's not a "kill fast or be killed" kind of a situation with Xarlox, for instance.

Honestly, arena doesn't need those restrictions. However, if a mode turned up with better loot, using those restrictions, I wouldn't complain, as long as there was a sense of progression.

nicosharp
01-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Honestly, arena doesn't need those restrictions. However, if a mode turned up with better loot, using those restrictions, I wouldn't complain, as long as there was a sense of progression.
Well, on the bright-side, if you could bring in a PvE champion, with your racial traits, the benefits you have based on that progression should be met with the restrictions you have in the PvE Campaign. I actually like the idea - Do Frost Arena PvE tuned, or do it PvP tuned. - PvP tuned would just mean using the generic PvP Champions. There may be benefits for using PvE tuned champions over PvP... or achievements?

Koz
01-20-2016, 11:53 AM

I wouldn't like that personally. I would like to see Arena be the place where I can go build any deck I want and test it against the AI. I'd be fine if they had specific achievements/challenges were you have to accept deck building restrictions in order to gain some sort of exclusive rewards, but I don't want those to be forced on me.

Plus, certain encounters are already a pain in the A in Arena, and those will only get harder as the AI improves and they tune the decks. I don't think deck building restrictions would make those any more fun to play through, but it could certainly make them much more frustrating.

Miwa
01-20-2016, 12:09 PM
I'd have to RIOT against any restrictions that prevented me from using my Xocoy deck until ^%&#^# Uruunaz shows up... :P

LNQ
01-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Would be fun if Uruunaz got ninja changed into another dragon, or they would add all the other dragons there too, and it would take a few weeks for anyone to encounter one of them. :)

bootlace
01-20-2016, 12:45 PM
An idea to keep FRA relevant post campaign: give a temporary buff to people who complete a perfect arena run. Something like "Undefeated Gladiator Adrenaline": You start each non-raid game with an Arena Brawler in play. (Duration = x hours.)

sukebe
01-20-2016, 01:44 PM
I will be seriously surprised if they do not have the Frost Ring Arena have the same restrictions as other pve content. I half expect that we will not be able to just jump strait to it anymore after pve releases as it would make sense that we would have to find it...

Zophie
01-20-2016, 04:05 PM
I will be seriously surprised if they do not have the Frost Ring Arena have the same restrictions as other pve content. I half expect that we will not be able to just jump strait to it anymore after pve releases as it would make sense that we would have to find it...

This. Frost Ring Arena will very likely be absorbed into the rest of the campaign as another one of the dungeons in the world. It has a place in the lore and it wouldn't make sense to leave it out. Granted, it may temporarily become unavailable while they retune it for the new campaign features (if they haven't already done that) but even then I'm sure it'll find its way back to Entrath eventually.

Xenavire
01-20-2016, 04:13 PM
This. Frost Ring Arena will very likely be absorbed into the rest of the campaign as another one of the dungeons in the world. It has a place in the lore and it wouldn't make sense to leave it out. Granted, it may temporarily become unavailable while they retune it for the new campaign features (if they haven't already done that) but even then I'm sure it'll find its way back to Entrath eventually.

Eh, its still part of the new player experience, so I don't think they are going to move/remove & retune it just yet. I mean, it is officially located in the hyperborean mountains, which the current reveal doesn't seem to include, so moving it doesn't make sense thematically, and removing it altogether is unlikely. Plus why remove something that gets a new breath of fresh air with the next update? ;)

Monkranos
01-20-2016, 04:39 PM
anyway, they might have a special version in mind for the campaign proper once it gets to that point.

sukebe
01-20-2016, 05:59 PM
Eh, its still part of the new player experience, so I don't think they are going to move/remove & retune it just yet. I mean, it is officially located in the hyperborean mountains, which the current reveal doesn't seem to include, so moving it doesn't make sense thematically, and removing it altogether is unlikely. Plus why remove something that gets a new breath of fresh air with the next update? ;)

well if the area it is in does not show up on the current map then I would agree that it would stay pretty much like it is now when it comes to access to it. I still think it will be treated just like any other pve content once we get said content. It just seem illogical and incongruous to do any different.

Koz
01-20-2016, 06:39 PM
During the stream Cory clicked on one of the drop down boxes and it gave the options for tournaments, proving ground, frost ring arena, etc. So I don't think they're changing it's availability at all, nor do I think they are going to add deck restrictions. I don't see a reason to, Arena is a different thing altogether from Campaign and is designed as a "bring your best deck and see if you can run the gauntlet". Having deck restrictions for that wouldn't make a lot of sense IMO

sukebe
01-21-2016, 12:50 AM
During the stream Cory clicked on one of the drop down boxes and it gave the options for tournaments, proving ground, frost ring arena, etc. So I don't think they're changing it's availability at all, nor do I think they are going to add deck restrictions. I don't see a reason to, Arena is a different thing altogether from Campaign and is designed as a "bring your best deck and see if you can run the gauntlet". Having deck restrictions for that wouldn't make a lot of sense IMO

See, I think it does make sense as it your characters that are "bringing their best deck" to run the gauntlet. Either way though there is no point arguing on the topic as we will see next week :-) (does a little happy dance)