PDA

View Full Version : Welcome a New HEX Youtuber

Sinistarlol
01-20-2016, 11:22 AM
I've started a Youtube Channel that will be dedicated to HEX entirely. I'm always running Frost Ring Arena's and usually going 20-0 on a daily basis, so if you're bored and want to hear the type of music I listen to whilst kicking the AI's butt and going on a winning streak then click on my signature or here (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj0FoLKItFuomAkisUfbog).

Keep in mind I've literally only just created the channel so it's bare bones in terms of description but the activity will be there shortly. Depending on what the community decides as the channel progresses I will:

Commentate
No Commentary
Music
Only Game Play Sound
Music & Game Play Sound

Whilst playing HEX.

To let viewers of this thread know, my first video is processing as we speak and should be available roughly 5 minutes ahead of this post. Here's the link for the first video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyWOdffH4qE&feature=youtu.be). Still currently processing but won't be long. :)

Headset users I advise to be cautious as the music may get louder during certain points of the video due to higher quality songs being played.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the content that I will be producing weekly coming available in 1080p.

knightofeffect
01-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the video community!

Saeijou
01-20-2016, 12:12 PM
that's cool! spread the word :)

saffamike
01-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Welcome! I will consume your content!

Sinistarlol
01-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Thanks for watching the video and appreciate the kind words! More videos will be uploaded in the next few days

RCDv57
01-20-2016, 05:48 PM
You gonna need commentary son.
Otherwise almost anyone can create the same content as you.

Sinistarlol
01-20-2016, 05:57 PM

I have already considered this to be true. I definitely need to do commentary on my second video.. see how it goes. I've seen a lot of content from Youtube regarding the same concept and a lot of the videos skip or try to be speed runs with no commentary.

More or less it's something I knew would pop up sooner rather than later.

wolzarg
01-20-2016, 11:09 PM
This is so true i putt out some decently high level content in another game i played a few years ago and it died out under the shouts of we love it but you have to comment to keep it interesting. Talking to your self can be very hard at first but it is the reason people like streams over flat gameplay videos and i agree i can't watch even good content with no commentary.

Salverus
01-21-2016, 11:35 AM
More hex on youtube is always good.
Also i do not know how the youtube search system works, but if i search for 'hex' or 'hex gameplay' or 'hex shards of fate' and then select uploaded this week, your video does not come up in the results. So might want to add some tags or however it works.

And if you can win, just win. Toying around with the opponent for a few extra turns might be fun to do, but is boring to watch (eg at 11:24). That was also my first reaction when i saw the video length, 2 hours? I can do 3 arena runs in that time.

regomar
01-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Your intro is SO similar to the Youtube channel 'Undoomed' it's uncanny. Same person of bizarre coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNkUtbBRX4

Sinistarlol
01-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Your intro is SO similar to the Youtube channel 'Undoomed' it's uncanny. Same person of bizarre coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNkUtbBRX4

Yeah I also have that intro purchased. It's from a website called videohive. My version is the latest.. and quite frankly better. :P

Sinistarlol
01-21-2016, 12:08 PM
More hex on youtube is always good.
Also i do not know how the youtube search system works, but if i search for 'hex' or 'hex gameplay' or 'hex shards of fate' and then select uploaded this week, your video does not come up in the results. So might want to add some tags or however it works.

And if you can win, just win. Toying around with the opponent for a few extra turns might be fun to do, but is boring to watch (eg at 11:24). That was also my first reaction when i saw the video length, 2 hours? I can do 3 arena runs in that time.

You're right, I did get carried away with toying about with some of those encounters. Especially during the beginning.

I'd say that it's fairly common to be able to do three arena runs in a few hours, but my artifact deck doesn't focus on early play rather mid-range with ingenuity engine. Besides I like to see what the AI's have to offer in terms of making the matches prolong more than usual. It can get boring to watch for over an hour.. but I don't want to do the meta 'speedrun' video cause than I'd have to compete to have the best score with everybody else, which is brutally easy to do with mono ruby..

Also my channel was literally created the second I began my upload, I also cannot even find my own channel despite having channel tags to everything related to hex, hex shards of fate, sinistarplayshex etc.. give it some time i suppose.

Mokog
01-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Whelp I just learned something new. Welcome to the community!

regomar
01-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah I also have that intro purchased. It's from a website called videohive. My version is the latest.. and quite frankly better. :P

Oh, neat! I had no idea it was a template! I did a few searches but couldn't find it, what's the name of the intro?

Sinistarlol
01-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Oh, neat! I had no idea it was a template! I did a few searches but couldn't find it, what's the name of the intro?

http://videohive.net/item/hitech-monster-2/4935057 - Your link's version "Hi-Tech Monster 2"

http://videohive.net/item/hitech-monster-3/7048244 My intro's version. "Hi-Tech Monster 3"

Zophie
01-21-2016, 04:44 PM
Okay Sinistar, time to talk shop now:

That render time estimate on their site "Render time – about 20 minutes on I7" - for a 15 second animation? That just seems pretty high for what I'm assuming is and isn't pre-rendered in the template. I almost want to buy their template so I can pick it apart and find out why it's so bloated. Maybe it's the lighting effects, that would be my first guess. I'm curious what your experience was like, and what version of AE are you using?

Sinistarlol
01-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Okay Sinistar, time to talk shop now:

That render time estimate on their site "Render time – about 20 minutes on I7" - for a 15 second animation? That just seems pretty high for what I'm assuming is and isn't pre-rendered in the template. I almost want to buy their template so I can pick it apart and find out why it's so bloated. Maybe it's the lighting effects, that would be my first guess. I'm curious what your experience was like, and what version of AE are you using?

I think it depends on your optimization with your computer specs. Mine takes maybe 10 minutes, or less give or take. It has a lot effects to render from what I've inspected. Even just drag and dropping and completely leaving everything as is, it still takes a good while for it to complete the rendering process.

I'm not exactly sure what's the cause of it however, maybe the lighting effects.. I'm not entirely sure. It's definitely well worth a 25 minute wait for a 15 second Intro if that's the case. I could request this information from the creator on VideoHive if you wish to have any more insight.

However, my experience with using AE and these products are flexible and easy to use. (Been involved with making videos that had larger content with such openers / other elements in the videos that took longer to render together.)

Overall it's a masterpiece of a product and definitely recommend VideoHive for professional video intros / elements / trailer like videos etc.

I had to upgrade past AE4 to use the latest products I've been purchasing as of recently. So currently AE6.

EDIT: Also, I tend not to purchase products that require plug-ins as those usually are not free and some cost a LOT of money. Basically if you purchase a trailer-like video with plug-ins and you have a pirated AE6; or just don't simply have a retail version of that specific plug-in then you will not be able to render such videos. You could request the creator to make such said video for you, but it would require another payment on top of the initial charge.

Zophie
01-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Cool thanks for the insight on that, glad to hear your rig can keep up with it. I put a lot of work into building my own PC to be optimized for video rendering and it chews through uncompressed composite work+effects like a dream, but it wasn't always that way for me, so this kind of stuff always interests me.

Anyway, good luck with your channel, I threw you a sub :)

Sinistarlol
01-21-2016, 11:19 PM
Cool thanks for the insight on that, glad to hear your rig can keep up with it. I put a lot of work into building my own PC to be optimized for video rendering and it chews through uncompressed composite work+effects like a dream, but it wasn't always that way for me, so this kind of stuff always interests me.

Anyway, good luck with your channel, I threw you a sub :)

Thanks I appreciate that. Got a lot of exciting content incoming before the release of PVE Campaign. :)

Largashbur
01-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Sinistar, could you please include subs in your videos whenever you add a commentary? Would be much appreciated from the deaf community :)

Sinistarlol
01-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Sinistar, could you please include subs in your videos whenever you add a commentary? Would be much appreciated from the deaf community :)

Yes sir! Next video is about to go live.. with commentary will have to add subtitles via Amara (https://www.amara.org/en/videos/create/).

Incindium
01-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Do you have a twitter account Sinistarlol? I'm gonna send out a tweet about your content from @HexTCGWatch on Twitter but want to @ you if I can.

Sinistarlol
01-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Do you have a twitter account Sinistarlol? I'm gonna send out a tweet about your content from @HexTCGWatch on Twitter but want to @ you if I can.

I'll have to create one - I'll let you know at a later date!

Video is live! which includes the transcript for you since it involves me talking. I'll continue to work with color commentary and put in subtitles regardless if you're a frequent viewer. Thanks for letting me know that the HEX community is diverse in all shapes and sizes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOYJTIswDmg

Halsey
01-23-2016, 11:34 AM

Video is live! which includes the transcript for you since it involves me talking. I'll continue to work with color commentary and put in subtitles regardless if you're a frequent viewer. Thanks for letting me know that the HEX community is diverse in all shapes and sizes.

Wanted to say this was very well done, subtitles and all. I have to admit I was initially underwhelmed at the idea of a hex YouTube channel, I imagined stuff like your first video, and honestly I'm never going to watch someone else make an arena run with out some commentary on an interesting deck idea. Even then I would probably just jump around enough to get a feel for the idea, then go make my own version to play around with. This kind of stuff though, little highlights of particular interactions or combos, with enough info to get the ideas flowing, perfect, just subscribed to your channel and will be watching for more.

I do want to say again, nice job with the subtitling, I've messed with editing and creating subtitles before, and know it's trickier than it seems at first glance to get the timing etc. to work well.

Sinistarlol
01-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Yeah the channel isn't going to be based purely on frost ring arena alone. In fact anything in relevance to PVE.

I'm a think outside the box type of guy, and can just sit there for hours discovering cards that shouldn't interact with one another but can thanks to equipment.. or sometimes just by thoroughly searching similar constructed context on cards in general.

Thanks for subscribing, however while I ain't advertising for "donations, or subscribers, likes and comments" I really do appreciate the support. But then again there's always benefits to subscribing since you won't have to rely on me updating this thread about the latest content.

There's going to be a steady flow of content that will be uploaded featuring the following:

More Card Synergies,
Arena Runs (Only Perfect),
Deck-Building,
Talking about Equipment / Cards (Maybe with Demonstrations),
Creating Montages of Crazy Plays, with Fun and Serious Decks.

More will be listed upon creating different video ideas for Hex. Stay tuned.

Largashbur
01-25-2016, 03:16 AM

Thanks Sinistarlol, much appreciated! The subtitles are great! Of course I will return if you continue to provide us with such great subtitles! You rock, go on!

Sinistarlol
01-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Thanks Sinistarlol, much appreciated! The subtitles are great! Of course I will return if you continue to provide us with such great subtitles! You rock, go on!

Absolutely!

Here's another video for everybody who wants to hear my opinion on Boris Blastforge with an overall rating based on my personal experience playing around with the champion with different decks.

But in the video I play with a charge power deck. Hope you enjoy! [With subtitles!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipQT5uSokc

seashell
01-26-2016, 01:42 AM
I greatly enjoyed the ending bonus on the Boris Blastforge highlight ^^ - Subscribed.

Sinistarlol
01-26-2016, 02:12 AM
I greatly enjoyed the ending bonus on the Boris Blastforge highlight ^^ - Subscribed.

Hahahah, I got my ass handed to me, but I couldn't leave it out since I did promise Agathaam I'd include it into my video when I was filming PvP matches and Arena encounters for this video.

Largashbur
01-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Enjoyed your video on Boris as well :) The subtitles are cool again :)

Sinistarlol
01-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks! Appreciated it.

NOBLERoostasaur
01-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Also being able to request music is a bonus for this guy!

seashell
01-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Roost you gotta see the bonus section on the blastforge video :O

Sinistarlol
01-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Also being able to request music is a bonus for this guy!

Got any music ideas?! :P

Sinistarlol
02-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Boy I've been busy, I'm sorry for bumping up this thread but I've got another video uploaded. Touching base on "Technomorph" a dwarf mage ability that really possesses some strong plays at any given second in your matches.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx5W2ccq-1I