PDA

View Full Version : Can we still back the game on Kickstarter?

Gadjaw
01-20-2016, 01:41 PM
I see no `back us up` button on the kickstarter page...

Thanks for the help!

Vengus
01-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Nop, kickstarter closed a long time ago. So long in fact that you could support them by simply making an account and buying stuff in the HEX store ingame. :p

Maylick
01-20-2016, 01:49 PM
I see no `back us up` button on the kickstarter page...

Thanks for the help!

Hello and welcome to the forums. Kickstarter campaign ended 2 years ago. But don't be upset - as of now we have a wonderfull game which will get more cool stuff on next week. Just make a free account and enjoy!

Gadjaw
01-20-2016, 01:50 PM
Thanks all for the quick reply.
Admin? Feel free to delete this post
Thanks!

LNQ
01-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Maybe it's finally time to remove the Kickstarter video news article from the front page as Chronicles releases..?

IronPheasant
01-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Kickblasters are for gambling, not for buying things.

fido_one
01-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Nop, kickstarter closed a long time ago. So long in fact that you could support them by simply making an account and buying stuff in the HEX store ingame. :p

Gadjaw, welcome to Hex!

No KS, and the company has said very clearly they do not want to do another crowd sourcing campaign for the life of the game.

They have proven to be very, very, very good at balancing things even with the KS rewards they have already given out, and everything save for two teeny things (raid leader bonus + 10% experience) you'll be able to grab any of the rewards on the AH (Auction House). For those two teeny things, simply pair up with a KS backer or guild (whenever they release guilds and raids) to get those benefits for free.

At this point the majority of KS tiers have run their course in savings save for a select few.

The upcoming campaign and the existing frost ring arena will be enough to get you into the PvP side of things, and if you use chat in game and say you're a new player, you'll generally have a few people throw you some stuff in welcoming you to the community.

pjvedder
01-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Maybe it's finally time to remove the Kickstarter video news article from the front page as Chronicles releases..?

It's still a great video, though, and the kickstarter page showcases all of the things that will be coming into the game eventually. I think as new people are brought to this game with PVE, it may be good for them to see the grand scope of what's to come.

wolzarg
01-20-2016, 11:19 PM
I have to disagree i think it mostly serves to confuse people and pretty much all the information is so outdated that you don't want new players to take anything of it to heart.

Cainhu
01-21-2016, 04:44 AM
I have to disagree i think it mostly serves to confuse people and pretty much all the information is so outdated that you don't want new players to take anything of it to heart.
Exactly. Sadly, it's also true for some parts of the homepage.

For example :
https://www.hextcg.com/game/champion/

Erukk
01-21-2016, 04:53 AM
I'd very much agree. With the ending of "beta" status nigh, they really need to teardown large portions of the website to post new (non-outdated) information.

fido_one
01-21-2016, 09:07 AM
I'd very much agree. With the ending of "beta" status nigh, they really need to teardown large portions of the website to post new (non-outdated) information.

Yeah, CZE/HexEnt has really set the bar for treating KS backers right. I haven't done hundreds of crowd sourcing campaigns, but have done a fair share, and they seem to have put more love and care into the campaign even years later than just about anything else. (The only other example I can give is Oculus, albeit a lot of that is because they are now Facebook)

But it's time to retire the presence of it for the public as it just causes confusion. Keep the video around, just don't put it on the front page or promote it anymore as I think the main thing it does now is make new players feel like they missed out on something.

The front page in general, that's a head scratcher for me. They do a great job of showcasing the constant stream of data and community feeds, but if I were to hear about the game, even with a casual MTG background, I'd have the impression that the game is going to be complex to learn (and it is, really), and being presented with all of that info? I hate to say it but I think I would turn away. Not that I have a better solution, mind you.

For example, don't have the scratch for XCOM 2 right now, and have heard Xenonaughts scratches that itch quite nicely, but I haven't been able to log in more than 15 minutes on that game before giving up due to information overload. I'm worried the front page does that as well.

Regardless, I think it's time to retire the KS stuff from public view.