PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawler Tier

Sixlooter
01-20-2016, 03:08 PM
Hey folks,

thanks to Cory and the hard working folks CZE for finally showing us the cool stuff you have worked on. And release it early on the 24th so I can play hard that day ;)

Now to to my question regarding the DC Tier of the KS campaign.

The "+100% loot drop from dungeon bosses for life".
Does this mean from every PVE boss we will ever encounter or does this only count for dungeons? So no open world bosses and not raid bosses.

As a DC backer I hope you are not sticking to the letter here and this will count for all PVE bosses. How will this work for raid bosses then? Will this effect group loot from the boss too or only my share?

Thanks again and Cheers
Six

Xenavire
01-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Pretty sure they will not count raid bosses, due to the raid leader tier, and we haven't heard anything about world bosses, so for now I assume we don't get world bosses. Would be an interesting concept.

Saeijou
01-20-2016, 03:24 PM
it would be funny to have "open world bosses", that approach you randomly upon login :)

something like logging in and you get the message
"you found bratalka, lord of the green ulzuk. you have 24h to storm his camp, or he will move forward".

just as a nice gimmick ^^

fido_one
01-20-2016, 03:34 PM
it would be funny to have "open world bosses", that approach you randomly upon login :)

"you found bratalka, lord of the green ulzuk. you have 24h to storm his camp, or he will move forward".

Good idea, but it does journey into the free-to-play strategies most games use that HexEnt is trying to distance itself from - though I would imagine that sort of timed event would fit nicely into things like raids.

Sixlooter
01-20-2016, 03:37 PM
I just thought that the map had bosses and as the world map is not a dungeon I included it in my question.
Although something like Uruunaz in open wold would rule ;)

If DC would not apply to raid once it is implemented and fun wise raids be far cooler than the usual single player dungeon, then the DC Tier would really be the worst one...

Someone willing to trade his collector flag with my DC flag? :p

Xenavire
01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Good idea, but it does journey into the free-to-play strategies most games use that HexEnt is trying to distance itself from - though I would imagine that sort of timed event would fit nicely into things like raids.

I think scheduled world events may work better, then as long as you know the day, you can get in on the action.

Zophie
01-20-2016, 04:17 PM
I think scheduled world events may work better, then as long as you know the day, you can get in on the action.

I like games that have rotating cycles of world events, like every hour there's something different happening in the world. Give us a little indicator that shows what current world event is active, and a timer ticking down showing how long you have to start it, and then maybe below it show the next 2 events that will happen in the next couple hours. Then fill the rotation with 20-30 different events, like boss fights, puzzle encounters, mini PVE drafts, etc.

See GW2 world bosses and Neverwinter timed events for examples.

Xenavire
01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
I am partial to FFXIV's fate system. It's there for a short time, then vanishes, but comes back again later (usually within 30 mins.) And there is a reasonable variety of them, so you could have tons of them firing off.

tecnophi
01-20-2016, 05:00 PM
Reading this, I think about the time versus rewards ratio. As neat as it would be for something like the double rewards against all bosses, if there are these "open-world" bosses it has the risk of it being too good of a time versus reward ratio. In the worst case, it could cause players with the mindset of maximizing rewards to exclusively and repeatedly only completing a single high reward encounter.

For example, if players had the ability in Frost Arena to just grind a specific boss fight over and over for the rewards. Something like that trivializes the rest of the arena, just like how many people always choose to skip tier one. In the case of an "open-world" boss that takes significantly less time than a dungeon, it could trivializes all other accessible content.

sukebe
01-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Since I have this bonus I would be fine with having it count toward raid and/or world bosses :-). However I believe the intent is clear in that it very specifically mentions "dungeon bosses" so it would stand to reason that is all it affects. No raid bosses, no world bosses. I do not feel this is makes it a poor choice of a tier. Double loot on all dungeon bosses will still be a huge help. It has certainly been a boon for me in the arena (though that likely has more boss fights than most dungeons will).

katkillad
01-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Some of the tiers have such lopsided value and for such a long period of time, I really don't think they should nitpick which kind of a boss counts.

ryuukan
01-20-2016, 08:43 PM
as long as my annual double drop rate for convocation packs is still there, Im good

wolzarg
01-20-2016, 10:11 PM
Considering frostring arena isn't a dungeon to me i would think they internally changed it to simply bosses. I do how ever not think raids should count towards that as that honestly makes the raidleader tier near useless why gain a small bonus to beating a raid when you can get double loot.

sukebe
01-21-2016, 12:42 AM
as long as my annual double drop rate for convocation packs is still there, Im good

See, this alone makes this a great tier to have profit wise. It was incredibly helpful to me in the convocation.

Considering frostring arena isn't a dungeon to me i would think they internally changed it to simply bosses. I do how ever not think raids should count towards that as that honestly makes the raidleader tier near useless why gain a small bonus to beating a raid when you can get double loot.

I seem to remember them saying Frost Ring Arena was not like most other dungeons (implying that is a dungeon, just an unusual one)

wolzarg
01-21-2016, 01:03 AM
If that is true fair enough the main point in my argument is for the love of god don't make raidbosses drop double loot.

Showsni
01-21-2016, 05:47 AM
At least dungeon crawler have had some of their unique perks - I feel sorry for anyone whose only tier is raid leader...

Evilgm
01-21-2016, 05:51 AM
At least dungeon crawler have had some of their unique perks - I feel sorry for anyone whose only tier is raid leader...

I can only sleep at night by convincing myself being a Raid Leader will pay off in the long run ;)

Showsni
01-21-2016, 05:54 AM
I try to get maximum use out of it by using the Raid Leader sleeves as much as possible.

YoureNoDaisy
01-21-2016, 06:54 AM
Hey folks,

thanks to Cory and the hard working folks CZE for finally showing us the cool stuff you have worked on. And release it early on the 24th so I can play hard that day ;)

Now to to my question regarding the DC Tier of the KS campaign.

The "+100% loot drop from dungeon bosses for life".
Does this mean from every PVE boss we will ever encounter or does this only count for dungeons? So no open world bosses and not raid bosses.

As a DC backer I hope you are not sticking to the letter here and this will count for all PVE bosses. How will this work for raid bosses then? Will this effect group loot from the boss too or only my share?

Thanks again and Cheers
Six

I took "THE END OF JANUARY! Yes, the week of January 24th we’re planning on launching the first update for PvE" meaning PVE will be release on January 29th, am I reading this wrong?

Lafoote
01-21-2016, 07:15 AM
I took "THE END OF JANUARY! Yes, the week of January 24th we’re planning on launching the first update for PvE" meaning PVE will be release on January 29th, am I reading this wrong?

Typically updates are posted on Tuesday.

Xenavire
01-21-2016, 08:46 AM

It could be any weekday, potentially. I'd say it's safe to assume Tuesday-Thursday as the actual window, but Monday and Friday aren't impossible.

tecnophi
01-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Friday releases are a bad idea as it goes in to the weekend, and the amount of resources available to support might have lives or something like that. And in the same line of thought, Thursday could be bad as well considering Gameforge is mostly European and would be starting on their Friday with possibly supporting the launch.

Xenavire
01-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Friday releases are a bad idea as it goes in to the weekend, and the amount of resources available to support might have lives or something like that. And in the same line of thought, Thursday could be bad as well considering Gameforge is mostly European and would be starting on their Friday with possibly supporting the launch.

Normally this is without question, but they have a lot riding on this release (HexEnt and GF both) so it wouldn't be unthinkable for them to bend their schedules slightly this one time.

Not likely, but certainly within the realms of possibility.

Maylick
01-21-2016, 10:54 AM
I'd say they'll start trying it Monday-Tuesday right away. There might be few launches actually, with bringing servers down if necessary. And if it will happen so we must stay patient and provide feedback - that would actually help bring PvE fast and smooth. Just don't be disappointed if first try won't work, I'm sure everyone will be doing everything in their power to deliver this pure awesomness to us.

fido_one
01-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Normally this is without question, but they have a lot riding on this release (HexEnt and GF both) so it wouldn't be unthinkable for them to bend their schedules slightly this one time.

Not likely, but certainly within the realms of possibility.

My guess is they're doing everything possible to make it as close to the 24th as they can.

XCOM 2: come Feb 5th, we'll see a significant dip for a little bit and a lot less effective press. While being a totally different game, my guess is most TCG players are drawn to that game like moths to a flame due to the strategy elements.

EDIT: Also, I said in another thread I don't have enough cash for XCOM 2. True. I also give myself a 99.9999% probability that next time I am inebriated in anyway will result in me purchasing the game, regardless if I can eat / drink / whatever. For the next two/three weeks, I shall exist only in front of this damn computer. Which, errr, really hasn't been too different from the past 16 months.

Xavon
01-21-2016, 11:28 AM
There have been comments about Dungeon Crawler infringing on Raid Leader. Did I miss a change in the Raid Leader tier?

And for that matter, with PvE coming in February, when are the Raid Leader and Guild Master tiers going to kick in?

plaguedealer
01-21-2016, 11:31 AM
There have been comments about Dungeon Crawler infringing on Raid Leader. Did I miss a change in the Raid Leader tier?

And for that matter, with PvE coming in February, when are the Raid Leader and Guild Master tiers going to kick in?

The raid leaders (like me) will probably not receive any bonuses until late this year, even then maybe not. The guild masters may very well get increased exp when campaign hits.

Kind of wish crypto would bring this stuff up to the people that backed their game over two years ago and are kind of like the red headed stepchildren of hex.

Falaris
01-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Some of the tiers have such lopsided value and for such a long period of time, I really don't think they should nitpick which kind of a boss counts.

While now these tiers are recognized as fantastic value, keep in mind when we spent money on the tiers it was just a kickstarter pledge. There was no guarantee about anything related to Hex when they (we) invested significant money. As a matter of fact, of all the kickstarters I have spent money on, this is one of the few that ended up being worth it. There's significant risk for the backers.

plaguedealer
01-21-2016, 11:55 AM
While now these tiers are recognized as fantastic value, keep in mind when we spent money on the tiers it was just a kickstarter pledge. There was no guarantee about anything related to Hex when they (we) invested significant money. As a matter of fact, of all the kickstarters I have spent money on, this is one of the few that ended up being worth it. There's significant risk for the backers.

True, but they could at least communicate with the other tiers on what they will be getting and when.

I understand it is a pledge and you are taking risk and the pve tiers are worth significantly less value currently. I do not understand the complete lack of communication to those tiers that backed the game.

Falaris
01-21-2016, 12:12 PM
True, but they could at least communicate with the other tiers on what they will be getting and when.

I understand it is a pledge and you are taking risk and the pve tiers are worth significantly less value currently. I do not understand the complete lack of communication to those tiers that backed the game.

Its much better from a PR perspective to say nothing at all than provide info that may turn out to be inaccurate. If they're not telling you something, there's a decent chance it's because the info is subject to change. You may say 'some info is better than no info', but from past experiences on this forum that really isn't the case.

plaguedealer
01-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Its much better from a PR perspective to say nothing at all than provide info that may turn out to be inaccurate. If they're not telling you something, there's a decent chance it's because the info is subject to change. You may say 'some info is better than no info', but from past experiences on this forum that really isn't the case.

If you gave me money two years ago for specific software and extra money was given for a additional item, wouldnt you want me to talk to you about the status of the additional item around the time of when the software is going to be released?

As a raid leader, I know I am not getting anything for awhile. But how about the guild masters? Couldnt crypto at least say they are trying to make their tier functional along with the fungeon crawlers? At least say maybe not right at release, but in the future.

Yes people may whine, but isnt it just decent to talk to people that backed a certain tier and have been waiting over two years. You dont see multiple posts from raid leaders or guild masters going what the heck is going on.

Falaris
01-21-2016, 01:00 PM
If you gave me money two years ago for specific software and extra money was given for a additional item, wouldnt you want me to talk to you about the status of the additional item around the time of when the software is going to be released?

As a raid leader, I know I am not getting anything for awhile. But how about the guild masters? Couldnt crypto at least say they are trying to make their tier functional along with the fungeon crawlers? At least say maybe not right at release, but in the future.

Yes people may whine, but isnt it just decent to talk to people that backed a certain tier and have been waiting over two years. You dont see multiple posts from raid leaders or guild masters going what the heck is going on.

You know there's an update tomorrow, right? My guess is that there's a decent chance there may be something pve-related in that update.

plaguedealer
01-21-2016, 01:11 PM
You know there's an update tomorrow, right? My guess is that there's a decent chance there may be something pve-related in that update.

Pve related, I would guess so, hopefuly also related to the pve tiers.

RCDv57
01-21-2016, 10:10 PM

Then you dont log in after a whole year and the whole screen is just covered in green ulzuks.

Xenavire
01-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Then you dont log in after a whole year and the whole screen is just covered in green ulzuks.

Not log into Hex for a year? Is that even possible? Even burned out I barely last a week before going on for some reason or other...

Lafoote
01-23-2016, 07:26 AM

This is actually very unlikely. I think some occasions event rewards will be tied to bosses, and some occasions they will not. The upcoming Ardor Day event is a good example.

sukebe
01-23-2016, 01:30 PM
This is actually very unlikely. I think some occasions event rewards will be tied to bosses, and some occasions they will not. The upcoming Ardor Day event is a good example.

Unless they have changed their mind they have said that the convocation was their plan each year. that means that we have a chance to get convocation packs from bosses, which triggers our dungeon crawler bonuses. Not to say they can't change things up but I feel that will be unlikely.