PDA

View Full Version : Curious: How is Hex doing in China?

fido_one
01-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Hey all,

Knowing little about the culture and having seen some interesting stuff that Hex from Perfect World is doing for the Asian region, I'm curious if anyone is in the know how the game's presence is doing in that area. For example, I know that about half a year ago they had this crazy wizard like competition between professional TCG icons and the general public for promo purposes.

Is the game doing well? Is it waiting to really launch once PvE comes out? Does anyone know about it?

I wish I was starting this thread with less ignorance of the Chinese gaming culture or the culture in general, always wanted to visit, but have yet to have the opportunity.

EDIT: Case in point, check out the first video here: http://hex.wanmei.com/video/index.html

plaguedealer
01-21-2016, 09:23 AM
I saw Nero stream in the China server. I dont think it is against tos to have a chinese account since they are different gardens. Might want to make sure of course, then see what the popylation is like.

fido_one
01-21-2016, 09:32 AM
I saw Nero stream in the China server. I dont think it is against tos to have a chinese account since they are different gardens. Might want to make sure of course, then see what the popylation is like.

Huh, good idea!

ryuukan
01-21-2016, 10:29 AM
btw its Perfect World for Hex in China

fido_one
01-21-2016, 10:41 AM
btw its Perfect World for Hex in China

Sorry, got that confused. I'll update my OP.

fido_one
01-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Right. I'm bumping this, as while I haven't figured out how popular it is, I'm having a blast trying to navigate the site (haven't downloaded it yet).

Would love a Chinese resident who knows Hex to weigh in. Love some of their videos!

Just came across this:

http://hex.wanmei.com/video/index.html

Haven't watched them all yet, but definitely different. Seem to still be on set 2. Check the first one to be transported to a very different type of Hex video. I liiiiike it!

WolfCrypt
01-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Haha hallirous

Mejis
01-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Right. I'm bumping this, as while I haven't figured out how popular it is, I'm having a blast trying to navigate the site (haven't downloaded it yet).

Would love a Chinese resident who knows Hex to weigh in. Love some of their videos!

Just came across this:

http://hex.wanmei.com/video/index.html

Haven't watched them all yet, but definitely different. Seem to still be on set 2. Check the first one to be transported to a very different type of Hex video. I liiiiike it!

That video is all kinds of crazy ;)

Any from in-client? Is it any different?

fido_one
01-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Seriously guys, why aren't we all over this shit?

I seriously think that is an animated blue Chark beating the crap out of Moon'ariu and vice versa.

fido_one
01-22-2016, 07:46 PM
That video is all kinds of crazy ;)

Any from in-client? Is it any different?

I can't get past the language wall I'm afraid, wants info to get the download 'key' or something. We need someone who rocks the Chinese Language to guide us.

Chark
01-22-2016, 09:48 PM
We are still working with our Chinese partners to release the game there. The last thing that happened was a limited two-week test with set 1 and set 2 (and arena), followed by a wipe. We are getting closer to a release there, but there's not ETA yet.

esaotuelr
01-23-2016, 03:53 AM
I do check the BBS (Forum) there from time to time. There are some interesting topics that people bring up, but mainly it's just bug reports and question about when the game will be released

Nero_Jinous
01-23-2016, 05:40 AM
Some Chinese plays have made accounts on NA server cause they love hex so much. Last they heard delay in their service is due to major client changes.

fido_one
01-23-2016, 08:28 AM
We are still working with our Chinese partners to release the game there. The last thing that happened was a limited two-week test with set 1 and set 2 (and arena), followed by a wipe. We are getting closer to a release there, but there's not ETA yet.

Thanks Chark! I honestly had no idea, I would have been looking for a download link for another week.

Goliath764
01-24-2016, 09:15 AM
I have been checking various Chinese forums(Chinese is my first language and I know all the popular sites that Chinese used) for Hex discussion and most players are just waiting for the server to relaunch. Some players are playing this server for now as they wait but many are not due to lack of efficiency in English and/or not wanting to restart the progress again when the CN server is back on.

Some players are making "Chinese translation patches" so they can play NA server in Chinese.

Edit: Ping latency issue to NA server is also a problem for many players there and they have to rely on VPN and similar services to lower their ping. I have tried playing in CN server before but the ping isn't good for me either. It takes like 1 minute just to auto-pass a turn against AI so it's not surprising that players wouldn't want to play in such condition.

Xenavire
01-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Nice to hear they are hyped for Hex!