PDA

View Full Version : Playing ideas for a non all-in-deck-building-player?

Hopeful_Elephant
01-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! I'm glad to have found this forum.

I'll do my best to keep my story short. So I have acquired two collector's packs as well as the booster display with 216 cards, BUT not realizing that this a deck-building type game.

So I was wondering if this community might have any playing ideas that would work for me just teaching the game to new people coming over and playing from the getgo, as I would do with a regular board game. I don't have any friends who are actually seeking to build decks for this game...

Thank you in advance for any ideas! I really appreciate it.

Matt_Hyra
01-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Best way to get other involved is to take your cards and make at least two decks. Then offer a friend a choice of deck to play. That way they can get started with the least amount of prep. Once you find someone who likes the game, encourage them to buy some of their own cards, then you will have a real challenger, as you won't know what to expect from their deck. Though you may want to help them build their first custom deck.
Or maybe they should just buy a Collector's Pack that you don't have and use those decks against you before they customize a deck.

Hopeful_Elephant
01-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Best way to get other involved is to take your cards and make at least two decks. Then offer a friend a choice of deck to play. That way they can get started with the least amount of prep. Once you find someone who likes the game, encourage them to buy some of their own cards, then you will have a real challenger, as you won't know what to expect from their deck. Though you may want to help them build their first custom deck.
Or maybe they should just buy a Collector's Pack that you don't have and use those decks against you before they customize a deck.

Hello Matt,

First I want to thank you for the reply. I doubt it's often that players get to speak with the lead designer over a board/card game so I really appreciate this.

Second, I really do like that idea. I could even come up with little summary's of different types of decks I could craft and then offer to them. I agree that would be the least amount of prep because the other ideas first coming to mind involved probably an hour's worth of time of building new decks every time we met.

I'll keep thinking through this but thank you so much for your help and working to design a great game!