PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Cards

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 07:17 PM
So let me get this straight.. Buying an Unlock x card talent puts two in your collection or deck and collection? It simply says 2 or 4 if you have 100 cards in deck doesn't specifically say it goes in your deck.

Xenavire
01-21-2016, 07:18 PM
So let me get this straight.. Buying an Unlock x card talent puts two in your collection or deck and collection? It simply says 2 or 4 if you have 100 cards in deck doesn't specifically say it goes in your deck.

The wording seems to me like they are added to your deck (otherwise it would state adding it to your collection, and wouldn't care about the size of your deck.)

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 07:20 PM
I suppose that's obvious I guess I just wanted someone else to tell me that XD

Mejis
01-21-2016, 07:20 PM
The wording seems to me like they are added to your deck (otherwise it would state adding it to your collection, and wouldn't care about the size of your deck.)

Yes I assume they're added to your deck at the start of any encounter.

Aradon
01-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Any suspicions as to whether they count towards the 60-card limit? If I have 2 spell sprites, do I have 58 other cards, or are they on top of the 60 I normally put in?

thegreybetween
01-21-2016, 07:39 PM
I'm pretty sure they do not count toward your 60. However, they seem to be pretty low-impact, as both Blessings and Sprites are cantrips and thus shouldn't throw a wrench into too many plans. Each class also seems to have one (bottom-third) card added that doesn't cantrip but is generally more powerful (Divine Altar/Knowledge is Power) to add some spice to the process.

I expect that we'll need a 60-card deck to be valid, and that these unlocked cards will be generated and added to the decks prior to each match.

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure they do not count toward your 60. However, they seem to be pretty low-impact, as both Blessings and Sprites are cantrips and thus shouldn't throw a wrench into too many plans. Each class also seems to have one (bottom-third) card added that doesn't cantrip but is generally more powerful (Divine Altar/Knowledge is Power) to add some spice to the process.

I expect that we'll need a 60-card deck to be valid, and that these unlocked cards will be generated and added to the decks prior to each match.

So what your saying is they'll be made in the deck? But they said talent cards whilst needing to be said class to earn them they can be added to decks outside your class. Like if you have a Coyotle Mage and then make a Coyotle Warrior you can add Knowledge is Power. Though I suppose you could add a Spirite but just a draw card totally useless outside mage.

Fateanomaly
01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
When did they say the cards created by talents can be used outside of it?

ossuary
01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
I think it's safe to assume that any cards that are added to your deck based on whatever talents you've selected are put there in addition to the normal 60 cards in your deck. You'll notice that all talent-based cards are cantrips for that very reason - so that they don't affect the overall % chance to draw a normal card from your deck (for the most part). You'll still build your 60 card deck in the deckbuilder, then every time you start a campaign match, that deck will have the appropriate cards added to it based on your talents. I'd be extremely surprised if it worked any other way than that.

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 07:54 PM
When did they say the cards created by talents can be used outside of it?

Their shardless so "They can be added to any deck" Any says out of class to me

Aradon
01-21-2016, 07:55 PM
That's what I was thinking, as well. Makes sense. They're all cheap cantrips, so it's pretty great.

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 08:01 PM
I think it's safe to assume that any cards that are added to your deck based on whatever talents you've selected are put there in addition to the normal 60 cards in your deck. You'll notice that all talent-based cards are cantrips for that very reason - so that they don't affect the overall % chance to draw a normal card from your deck (for the most part). You'll still build your 60 card deck in the deckbuilder, then every time you start a campaign match, that deck will have the appropriate cards added to it based on your talents. I'd be extremely surprised if it worked any other way than that.

This somehow seems to contridect the fact the cantrips are added to collection. Hmm I donno how this'll work. Maybe like you said but when we buy it we get two in our collection?

Fateanomaly
01-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Their shardless so "They can be added to any deck" Any says out of class to me

It just means that any deck will be able to make use of them because they are colorless and thus would not be stuck in the hand.

Erebus
01-21-2016, 08:13 PM
You can't use them except with the character that has the talent. The cards are created at the start of the match and added to the appropriate zone (deck or play). It's like the spirits created my ancestor's chosen. They most likely won't be in your collections.

thegreybetween
01-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Highly unlikely, Ozawa. A few points:

1) How do you determine if you get 2 or 4 added to your collection, given that you can change your deck at any time? If I unlock it while using a 60-card deck and then later run a 100-card deck, do I magically get 2 more in my collection? Therefore, it is waaay easier to just make 2 or 4 at the start of each match rather than adding them to your collection.

2) If they are added to your collection, how do you get a playset (besides always running 100-card decks)? They would award it for each alt character you run with the perk, right? But what if you delete that character? Did you also lose the cards? Probably not. That is very easy to exploit to make lots of class cards.

3) On a related note, how about the AH? They would have to make those cards account bound to prevent people from scheming. It would also be pretty silly to build a whole thematic system around classes if anybody could just go and buy the fancy class cards from the AH (for cheap, because they're easy to exploit).

So when you put all of that together, it is VERY likely that we will not get them added to our collections. We get them at the start of each match, and they disappear when the match is over.

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Haha I'm just a bit slow so I'm quite curious how these'll work.

ossuary
01-21-2016, 09:08 PM
You will not get cards from talents in your collection. I don't know why you'd think that. Otherwise you could give OP high level mage talent cards to your level 1 warrior's deck. That's ridiculous, and doesn't fit the theme at all.

No, these cards will exist outside of your collection, they will only show up when you are playing a campaign match with a character who possesses the appropriate talents, and they'll be added to your deck automatically without you having any extra steps required. Whatever your talents are set to, those cards will be in your deck automatically.

There's no need to do it any other way - doing so would just add confusion and possible abuse to the mix.

WolfCrypt
01-21-2016, 09:13 PM
I never thought about that

Do you think we'd be able to EA these cantrips somehow?

BenStoll
01-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Like many have concluded, Class Talent Class Cards both do not count towards the 60 card limit nor do they appear in your collection. They populate your deck at the start of the game. As has been noted, careful consideration has been made during the design of these cards as far as how this mechanic can throw a monkey wrench into the way you've planned the consistency of your curve in certain places as well as your resource-to-non-resource ratios (hence the relatively cheap costs, card draw, etc.).

wolzarg
01-22-2016, 09:31 PM
deleted

WolfCrypt
01-22-2016, 09:45 PM
I guess that makes sense I guess just kinda hoping to EA some of em XD

wolzarg
01-22-2016, 10:13 PM
I guess that makes sense I guess just kinda hoping to EA some of em XD
This is actually a fairly big question and not to derail the thread but I'm going to hook on another thing. Things spawned by powers and card created like this what are the current plans for EA on those is it still coming but something is holding it back or has the idea been scapped?

YourOpponent
01-23-2016, 08:30 AM
This is actually a fairly big question and not to derail the thread but I'm going to hook on another thing. Things spawned by powers and card created like this what are the current plans for EA on those is it still coming but something is holding it back or has the idea been scapped?

The logical solution if you ask me is that when that Champion/Mercenary is capped then things such as EA cantrips and so forth would be unlocked!

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 08:42 AM
The logical solution if you ask me is that when that Champion/Mercenary is capped then things such as EA cantrips and so forth would be unlocked!

Perfect

Halsey
01-23-2016, 11:19 AM

First off I really hope you guys that love to EA everything get your toys.

To toss out a second option, they could just make it toggle automatically if ALL cards in you deck are EA, any cards created by your effects or abilities also come into play as EA versions. Keeps the 'chase' you had to work for it feel, and maintains consistency once you have gone to the expense / effort of creating a complete EA deck.

That said, however it gets implemented, PLEASE make this unlock be optional, or toggle-able in some way, I actively dislike playing with the EA cards, and NEVER want an effect or ability I control to create them. Honestly if there was a toggle that said 'show all cards in game as normal with the option to zoom and view if it's been Extended', I'd love not to have my opponents cards hit the table as the EA versions. While they are great to look at, they just 'feel' wrong to me in game play.

TOOT
01-23-2016, 11:26 AM
I really dont like the EA cards either.

Try playing a Winter Moon or Wakuna deck that focuses around prophecy and having to click every Arcane Focus or whatever else comes into your hand to see if it is one with an effect added on. Then remember which Countermagic in your hand is the one that you draw a card if you play it as opposed to not.

It's enough to drive you crazy.

Halsey
01-23-2016, 11:39 AM
I really dont like the EA cards either.

Try playing a Winter Moon or Wakuna deck that focuses around prophecy and having to click every Arcane Focus or whatever else comes into your hand to see if it is one with an effect added on. Then remember which Countermagic in your hand is the one that you draw a card if you play it as opposed to not.

It's enough to drive you crazy.

Glad to see I'm not completely alone :-}

Yeah, the information, or lack there of is a big part of it, with oneshots that disappear from he card when used, and all the effects in game that can change or add card text life is much easier when you can see that, or at least tell you need to look closer without having to zoom every card to check.