PDA

View Full Version : Pushing?

MattMurdock
01-21-2016, 09:25 PM
So just a question on pushing.
Seems simple on the surface, if something that pushes moves into a characters space they get pushed out of the way. If the way is blocked by terrain they move sideways. But what about if you have characters blocking the way?

For instance, if you had all 4 busters in a line, and a spawn of cathulhu pushes straight into the one on the end, where will they go?
E.g. (E) (P) (R) (W) (SC)

Will the buster being pushed, (in this case Winston) move all the way over the other busters to the end of the line,
(W) (E) (P) (R) (SC)
or would everyone in the line get pushed one, leaving the original order? Or would they sidestep in the next available direction?
................(W)
E.g. (E) (P) (R) (SC)

The_Xavious
01-22-2016, 09:56 AM
I would say moving sideways is still appropriate here. The ghostbusters would be an obstacle blocking your way, so you move to the side.

BradBosshart
01-23-2016, 11:53 AM
I guess you would move in whatever direction is available, path of least resistance.

stevenbiggie
01-23-2016, 03:56 PM
This Happened to me with the Spawn of Cathullu. I got Pushed until I had no legal way to move when pushed. At that point I was Stuck until another ghostbuster tried to get the spawn to come after him. Just wondering what happens if you are pushed but have no legal direction to go. I just had the Ghostbuster stay in the same space and continue to get slimed in place every time he was pushed. not sure if that's how your suppose to resolve a situation when you can't move when pushed. Any answers on resolving this type of situation?

The_Xavious
01-24-2016, 12:00 AM
I think doing either that or maybe swapping places with the ghost would be appropriate. Swapping places is a little funky but it does give you a chance to no longer remain locked out completely.

stevenbiggie
01-24-2016, 06:09 AM
I Didn't even think of that! great idea Xavious! With Teamwork the Spawn of Cathullu can be taken down. (I trapped 2 of them in my 2nd game using them.) But if you get any misses it can really mess you up and send you into a slimed nosedive. taking them out 1 at a time is not bad, it's when they start to swarm your team as a group that they can really be a challenge. But hey! If it was too easy it wouldn't be any fun and would get boring after awhile. As Brad Likes to say " Your the Ghostbusters, suck in your guts." LOL!