PDA

View Full Version : New Spoilers - FR - Press Tour PVE Campaign Youtube

Maylick
01-23-2016, 05:21 AM
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktpk_ML8dFw

French + fr subtitles.

Anyway there's a lot on intresting stuff for anyone. All aboard hype train!

Metronomy
01-23-2016, 05:31 AM
also this:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/hex-shards-of-fate/hex-s-new-pve-content-is-a-safe-place-to-learn-an-alarmingly-deep-tcg

I expecet that more reviews/previews come out today. Maybe just link them all here. And the OP could then rename the thread to "press tour articles - Collection thread".

seems like mercs are NOT in...aka: I just lost 1k plat

superdax
01-23-2016, 05:54 AM
French guy says
1- 6 dungeons (here goes the 10 to 12)
2- Mercenaires are not in
3- 200 PVE cards
4- Upcoming content Set 4 - Ladder - Spectator mode.

Edit

5- Also says that 2v2 pvp will not happen

tecnophi
01-23-2016, 05:55 AM
also this:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/hex-shards-of-fate/hex-s-new-pve-content-is-a-safe-place-to-learn-an-alarmingly-deep-tcg

I expecet that more reviews/previews come out today. Maybe just link them all here. And the OP could then rename the thread to "press tour articles - Collection thread".

The screen shots from that article... the boards are so bare... doesn't show off the game at all.

Evilgm
01-23-2016, 05:56 AM
Spoilers I noticed:

Builder Bot - 3/2 Robot for 4, when it enters play create a random artifact and put it in your hand
Spectral Caller - 3/3 Spirit for 5(D), minor socket, when it enters play create two Phantoms with its gem and put them into play
Whispering Breeze - 2/2 Unique Coyotle for 2(DW), Prophecy +1/+1, when you play a prophesied card, gain life equal to cost
Wool've Baa'serker - 4/2 for 4(R), gets either Crush, Rage 2 or Speed when it enters paly

Maylick
01-23-2016, 05:58 AM
PC games interview facts:

4 new boards

"Quests vary for each race and faction, to that end, so you're given gameplay examples of your unique traits in addition to idle chit-chat. If you want to take the latter seriously though, there are mutliple responses to NPC conversations, and your choices impact further quests and nodes (those coloured dots on the campaign map) becoming unlocked. "

You can leave dungeon at any point (not unusual, yet good to have clarification)

incitfulmonk21
01-23-2016, 05:58 AM
The article itself isn't well written it confused me and I know what hex is. 1000 card deck? 60 gnomes? Bejeweled? I can figure it out but still a new player is going to be all what?

Ravenous Piranha = 53:41 spoiler

Metronomy
01-23-2016, 05:59 AM
French guy says
1- 6 dungeons (here goes the 10 to 12)
2- Mercenaires are not in
3- 200 PVE cards
4- Upcoming content Set 4 - Ladder - Spectator mode.

Does the french guy mention any dates ? My translator does but that could just be mistranslations I gues.

superdax
01-23-2016, 06:02 AM
Does the french guy mention any dates ? My translator does but that could just be mistranslations I gues.

French guy says that he was told that it would come out 7 days after the publication (which is today) so he says that it should be the 30th (take 1 or 2 days if there are problems)

But i would be very surprised if they released a product on a saturday..

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Wow check out those Champion portraits!

Estar1
01-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Also looks like at level 1 going to get 3 commons and 2 uncommons of your factions colors (Necrotic gets all 4 of their colors according to video). oddly you can do 1/1/1/1 of artifacts. - Video @ 13:18

Gregangel
01-23-2016, 07:26 AM
The video says :

- 6 dungeons (4 for all races, 1 exclusivly for Ardent race, 1 exclusivly for Underworld race) and 6 regions maps to explore
- 2 starters deck for free for your 2 first characters
- dungeon boss loots "pve booster" of 3 cards (pve card or pvp card - pvp card mostly commun or uncommun but also rare and legendary according to a loot table)
- you can hunt cards during battle to enhanced your pve card collection
- level cap 10, more with next pve updates

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Hunt Cards the Nine Hells that mean??

Gregangel
01-23-2016, 07:42 AM
During a battle you can catch opposing cards and if you win the game, the card is yours

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 07:43 AM
Also Usurper is Ardent and Fort is Underworld exclusive dungeons.

Erukk
01-23-2016, 08:09 AM
- dungeon boss loots "pve booster" of 3 cards (pve card or pvp card - pvp card mostly commun or uncommun but also rare and legendary according to a loot table)

Hmm... I wonder what rare and legendary cards drop exactly. Probably the more trashier ones, but I do hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot if they do put some of the more powerful ones in there, even if they are extremely rare. Because farmers are going to farm if given the chance.

Kilo24
01-23-2016, 08:10 AM
The video says :
- dungeon boss loots "pve booster" of 3 cards (pve card or pvp card - pvp card mostly commun or uncommun but also rare and legendary according to a loot table

PVP cards directly from PVE? If that's the case, it's a change from earlier promises made and bears noting. I'm more likely to write it off as a mistake on the part of the site than to take it as gospel, though.

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 08:11 AM
I seriously doubt we can get pvp cards in pve it kinda destroys the value of any pvp card

incitfulmonk21
01-23-2016, 08:14 AM
PVP cards directly from PVE? If that's the case, it's a change from earlier promises made and bears noting. I'm more likely to write it off as a mistake on the part of the site than to take it as gospel, though.

Yeah that would be incredibly harmful to collections and something I can't imagine HXE being okay with so it is far more likely to be a mistake

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 08:17 AM
So we get starter decks up to two. I'll make a Coyotle deck(I hope they give me PVE exculsive cards in starter deck)

wolzarg
01-23-2016, 08:22 AM
The video says :

- 6 dungeons (4 for all races, 1 exclusivly for Ardent race, 1 exclusivly for Underworld race) and 6 regions maps to explore
- 2 starters deck for free for your 2 first characters
- you can hunt cards during battle to enhanced your pve card collection
- level cap 10, more with next pve updates
Can we take their word on anything when they are confirmed wrong on the last part?

Kilo24
01-23-2016, 08:27 AM
Yeah that would be incredibly harmful to collections and something I can't imagine HXE being okay with so it is far more likely to be a mistake

Keep in mind they do have PVP cards (and not just the AA versions) available for spinning chests, and did have AA cards for gold in the store before. Those two things put a direct gold value on PVP cards without the intermediary currency of platinum (even though both are weak examples). If it wasn't for those examples I would have been more certain that it was a mistake.

fido_one
01-23-2016, 08:30 AM
I would be very surprised if rare and/or legendary PvP cards dropped as HexEnt has said multiple times they would not do that. Commons and uncommons would be 'considered' or 'used irregularly'. Of course, a lot of that lingo was over a year ago. My assumption is something was lost in the translation from HexEnt U.S. to this preview back to English, I think they were talking about rare and legendaries dropping that are PvE cards, not PvP cards. We'll see though.

fido_one
01-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Also,

Interesting that any video seems to be taken from the PC Gamer stream rather than the event, must be part of the press kit allowances or whatever.

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Well we know from the Momcards we're getting Usurper and Romor dungeons. So we're at least getting 1 exculsive dungeon per faction.

superdax
01-23-2016, 09:48 AM
They did ask if it was possible to get a vampire king and they were told no most3 cards booster that contains pvp cards are Commons and uncommon. Very few Rares and legendary. All from set 1 to 3 so I dought that they have that info incorrect with so much info

knightofeffect
01-23-2016, 11:14 AM
They did ask if it was possible to get a vampire king and they were told no most3 cards booster that contains pvp cards are Commons and uncommon. Very few Rares and legendary. All from set 1 to 3 so I dought that they have that info incorrect with so much info

Thats good to know. Sounds like it's a pre-set loot table of specific PvP cards then and not just a really low rng chance at any PvP rare of legendary. I think this is fine, Cory knows what he is doing here, there are just some PvP staples that they could offer in that way, it'd also not like cards that have a really low rng chance but are tied to the gold economy can't hold value: see slaughtergear

fido_one
01-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Thats good to know. Sounds like it's a pre-set loot table of specific PvP cards then and not just a really low rng chance at any PvP rare of legendary. I think this is fine, Cory knows what he is doing here, there are just some PvP staples that they could offer in that way, it'd also not like cards that have a really low rng chance but are tied to the gold economy can't hold value: see slaughtergear

I agree that HexEnt knows what they are doing, so if they give out PvP rares and legendaries, fine. I'd love to hear their reasoning as they were quite intent that wasn't going to happen in the past. 'love to hear their reasoning' doesn't mean I should hear their reasoning, I don't think we're owed an explanation if it is the case.

Silvanos
01-23-2016, 11:41 AM
I'd love to hear their reasoning as they were quite intent that wasn't going to happen in the past. 'love to hear their reasoning' doesn't mean I should hear their reasoning, I don't think we're owed an explanation if it is the case.

This is the internet, sir. You are doing it wrong.

Mejis
01-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Here's an Italian article :http://www.everyeye.it/articoli/provato-hex-shards-of-fate-28455.html

I used google translate which automatically came up in chrome, which does a good job.
If you can get past the severely outdated screenshots (were they not given proper screenshots/have they not played the game in the last year?), then there's a few tidbits.

Most notably the end, stating the campaign to last 10-15 hrs. One would assume that's per character?
Also there's mention of a giant bear encounter, where you have to try and tame the beats on the opponent's side (we may have heard of this before?)

Aradon
01-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Regrettable that even with the translated subtitles, I couldn't really make heads or tails of the video, but the dungeon screenshots and character portraits did look amazing. I'm hoping we get a little customization when it comes to portraits, since there seems to just be one per gender/race/class combo, but that's a lot of art assets to acquire.

brighten34
01-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Here's an Italian article :http://www.everyeye.it/articoli/provato-hex-shards-of-fate-28455.html

I used google translate which automatically came up in chrome, which does a good job.
If you can get past the severely outdated screenshots (were they not given proper screenshots/have they not played the game in the last year?), then there's a few tidbits.

Most notably the end, stating the campaign to last 10-15 hrs. One would assume that's per character?
Also there's mention of a giant bear encounter, where you have to try and tame the beats on the opponent's side (we may have heard of this before?)

Orson? :D

Mejis
01-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Orson? I don't follow sorry! :)

Fred
01-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Keep in mind they do have PVP cards (and not just the AA versions) available for spinning chests, and did have AA cards for gold in the store before. Those two things put a direct gold value on PVP cards without the intermediary currency of platinum (even though both are weak examples). If it wasn't for those examples I would have been more certain that it was a mistake.

The AA for gold were staple commons that don't have a great platinum value, so that doesn't really count.

The PvP cards that are obtained by spinning chests with gold are still tied to a platinum purchase. The existence of a chest depends on a booster pack having been opened. The low probability of getting an extra rare or legendary from spinning a chest is taken into account in the market value of a pack.

Gryffe
01-23-2016, 02:18 PM
The contention sphere allows you to capture animals troops with the "tame" tag. You can toss your pokeball for 2 ressources with a 50% success rate or 5 ressources for an instant catch. Then, you must win the battle to claim your new pet.

You get one "respec token" with each level up, and you can buy more with gold. Apparently, one token let you wholly reassigned all of your talent tree. Isn't that nice ?

They are thinking about a "Diablo mode". In other words, if your champion dies in this mode, (s)he's erased. I guess the most die-hard players will like that.

Also, according to Cory, they have already designed 7 years worth of PvE in preliminary work.

Metronomy
01-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Nah..please not hardcore in a tcg..thats too silly. So I just have to need some bad luck in just one game after investing 20 hours in my char and then he is dead....no thank you. Its fine for a Diablo...but in Diablo you dont draw random hands from a randomized deck.

BossHoss
01-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Nah..please not hardcore in a tcg..thats too silly. So I just have to need some bad luck in just one game after investing 20 hours in my char and then he is dead....no thank you. Its fine for a Diablo...but in Diablo you dont draw random hands from a randomized deck.

Then don't play it? I'm excited for a mode like that...

Aradon
01-23-2016, 02:27 PM
I wish the "7 years of content" quote wasn't repeated so much. Cory said they outlined 7 years' worth of story and location in the game. They have that much conceptually planned out, but it's not even remotely created yet. That's just their future outline, but a lot of people misunderstand the quote.

Poetic
01-23-2016, 02:29 PM
It'd be optional I imagine, not going to have success as a company forcing that on anyone these days. Sounds fun, but I wouldn't want my main character in a hardcore mode.

BossHoss
01-23-2016, 02:42 PM
I imagine it being an option as a farming challenge to turn your loot table up a level or two eliminating anything common or uncommon from your drops for example. Not to mention the sleeves that could be associated with it ;P

Metronomy
01-23-2016, 02:42 PM
i mean as a bonus i gues....as long as its not the only "difficult" mode...additional options are never bad...if such a mode would be the only alternative then im against it

brighten34
01-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Orson? I don't follow sorry! :)

Orson's Dream. There is a dungeon associated with it too - it's on one of the Hex sites. I dunno if it's still a "thing" or not. But Orson is a bear.~

Mejis
01-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Orson's Dream. There is a dungeon associated with it too - it's on one of the Hex sites. I dunno if it's still a "thing" or not. But Orson is a bear.~

A-ha gotcha. Thanks :)

Kilo24
01-23-2016, 03:04 PM
The AA for gold were staple commons that don't have a great platinum value, so that doesn't really count.

The PvP cards that are obtained by spinning chests with gold are still tied to a platinum purchase. The existence of a chest depends on a booster pack having been opened. The low probability of getting an extra rare or legendary from spinning a chest is taken into account in the market value of a pack.

I did say that they were weak examples.

Still, the gold cost for fully spinning a chest is significantly higher than the platinum value of most chests. It really is much more of a gold cost than a plat cost, and thus it does let you get a number of random PVP cards for gold (but it pays off rarely enough to not have significant impact on the price of any given PVP card).

It's slight enough of an impact that I wouldn't call it an issue of any size by itself, but I do consider it a technical violation of their promise. And, more relevantly to this discussion, a potential foot-in-the-door for further ways to get PVP cards from PVE that may not be so small in impact.

Fred
01-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Also, according to Cory, they have already designed 7 years worth of PvE in preliminary work.

This number means nothing unless it's backed by regular releases. Is that 7 years worth of content, where they release one new dungeon per year? Or 7 years with several dozens of dungeons and raids per year?

I understand that HXE has spent the past 2 years building a bucket (Cory's words) and that they can now put stuff (content) in the bucket, but that better be a darn good bucket now that will allow them to release content at an incredible pace to make up for the tremendous delays and broken promises.

Fred
01-23-2016, 03:16 PM
One interesting fact that was mentioned real quick in the French video is that the client that the press got their hands on was 4 weeks old, meaning it's a build that was made in late december (week of Dec 21st). That means the core of the campaign has been stable for a while now, and the past 4+ weeks were really spent fixing bugs and polishing things. Whatever gets released next week has had 4 more weeks of polishing than what has been reviewed in everything we read about today.

Vorsa
01-23-2016, 03:27 PM
One interesting fact that was mentioned real quick in the French video is that the client that the press got their hands on was 4 weeks old, meaning it's a build that was made in late december (week of Dec 21st). That means the core of the campaign has been stable for a while now, and the past 4+ weeks were really spent fixing bugs and polishing things. Whatever gets released next week has had 4 more weeks of polishing than what has been reviewed in everything we read about today.

Good to know. :)

It is pretty shallow, but I really hope that some of the character art in this build has been replaced for release i.e. all the Elves, who look rather cartoon-ish (in my opinion) compared to Dwarves & Vennen.

Fred
01-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Either the French guy misunderstood some basic stuff and is telling a bunch of falsehoods, or I (and a bunch of people here) have misunderstood what has been revealed so far.

When presenting the "rarity grid" for the deck limitation, he clearly says (multiple times) that a "1" in the square represents the number of cards for which you can include 4-of in a deck. He says that a level 1 vennen can include 4-of a single legendary artifact. I seriously doubt the mechanics will work anything close to that, because with a 1/1/1/1 limitation for a level 1 vennen, that would mean I could bring a full Slaughtergear deck with me, which would not make any sense. He even explicitly says that a level 5 vennen could bring 3xPhenteo.

Based on that alone, I would recommend we take whatever is said in that video with a huge grain of salt.

Xenavire
01-23-2016, 03:42 PM
I believe that there has been some misinformation shared mainly due to the language barrier - or they may have really played an old build that has undergone a slew of changes.

Either way, the 'facts' in the video are highly inconsistent with what we know of the facts shared direct from HexEnt, so I wouldn't take the information provided at face value.

frychikn
01-23-2016, 04:35 PM
man they really skimmed on a lot of things it seems. only 6 dungeons?

i dont know... it seems like they did not do much in the 2 years time they had... oh well it should still be fun for a little bit.

Xenith
01-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Six dungeons is a lot for level 0-9. They have more coming. If they have the same amount 10-19 and 20-30 that's like 20 dungeons and a 40-60 hour time to max level. That seems like a good amount to me.

RobHaven
01-23-2016, 05:21 PM
I just briefly went through the KickStarter because I couldn't remember how many dungeons they said would be in "at launch." Now I'm severely depressed. So many missing features. Guilds, keep defense, raids...this stuff feels like it's still an eternity away.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm really pumped for the dungeons we are getting and I can't wait to play the hell out of them.

mister_Rollup
01-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Hi, everyone I am the french guy of the cast who has been invited by gameforge to test pve the 19 th.

First Thanks all for the messages !

I made this video for the french players, cant guess there will be so much hype or hate :)

To answer some of the questions, i've read in this 6 page :

- Yes, we played on an 4 weeks old campaign, and the first thing they said that it was work in progress and can be modified later so dont take all i says for granted but doesnt mean it is all false infos cause i was with Ropette from momcards and he had the same info too.
It was a conference with a senior producer, a PR manager and a french CM all of them from gameforge.
Sometimes when we had a question the guy could answer but many times they go to discuss with another guy to bring the info so i assume they make lots of change often, it was a meeting about something in progress and it was amazing from gameforge and HEX to let us play to a not finished version, Big UP to them ^^

But u must understand news wasnt writed in stone, we made this to make u feel the hype we had this day, so sometimes maybe we are wrong but if i had to bet i would says 90% of the news would be correct.
For exemple fews weeks ago on hextcg whe add the pve spoiler of the containment sphere, when we played it was the taming sphere and it was used to complete a "pokemon" quest to capture animals cards that u can keep after a won battle , the containment sphere was in a official friday update but now it is not the same card anymore.

- We got news in english from PR and Producer and we could ask question in french to the french CM .
For the deck builder it was in english so maybe i am wrong and i apologize, i understood 1 mean 1 card in x4 max because if u look the lvl 1 deck builder and add all number u get 24 so it would be strange to build a deck with 24 cards and 36 shards, but it makes sens if it is 3cards max of one type.

- Yes, we had PVE pack of 3 cards with PVP cards from set 1-2-3 it is randome u can get 3 pve cards or 3 pvp or a mix but the first thing i asked to Eoghan CM of Gameforge was : can we get VK ? and he says NO ! only common and uncommon to help the new players base and maybe, i repeat maybe ^^ some rare or legendaries ( like someone says trash rare with low value to dont hit economy ) the cards u can get is on a pre set loot table. Ropette opened few and had the legendary pve saph drake but on pvp card only common and uncommon, cant certify there will be rare or leg.

- I had the same feeling on start, 6 donjons was low number but before going to donjons u must do the exterior map that is huge to enter in the instancied donjons, finaly the content is realy nice, we met a NPC that made us choose between 3 cards to keep one so if u want this 3 in x4 u must do the campaign 12 times, so grinding is in their mind.

- For the 15+ housr they said it is hard to judge if u are a begginer or experienced player u can guess someone will take double the times ^^

-For the people who didnt know on an exterior map (u can die 500+ times on ext map but only 3 times in donjons, u will understand why)
there was an encounter with a piranha "boss" on each turn he use his 1 cost power that pops 4 piranha 1/1 rage 1 that must attack, in 3 turns if u do nothing u face 12 piranha, we get melted and Eoghan says to us, that is was designed to be impossible to beat if u dont finish the campaign many times and u must use some special decks build for him ( my guess would be maybe heat waves or sorrow ?) and even with the proper deck it will be a real challenge ! so maybe straight cleaning pve is fast but doing all the quest, grinding etc... will take more than 15+ hours

Thanks everyone and sorry for my average english, if u got some questions i will try to do my best !

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Alright I can live with all that. And holy crap I know how huge the overworld maps are!

Aradon
01-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Hey, thanks for coming in and clarifying our questions! I think a lot of us are just frustrated with the language barrier, but we all appreciate your content!

So it sounds to me like the packs can have any rarity of PvE cards, but only commons and uncommons from PvP. Should have similar impact to the AAs in the store, honestly.

Vorsa
01-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Merci, mister_Rollup. :)

Regarding the "Exemples de héros" images (e.g. this one at MoMCards (https://www.momcards.fr/uploads/new_uploads/PVE%20HEX/Human%20Warrior.png)) - were these taken when people were playing, or from a press pack?

Only asking because they don't always match e.g. the mage nécrotique isn't the same in the deck builder screens as in the character creator screens. :confused:

mister_Rollup
01-23-2016, 06:07 PM
U are welcome Aradon and Vorsa ^^

@Aradon : Yes u can get PVE lengendary in PVE packs but honestly for PVE packs when i asked Eoghan about PVP rares and leg he said they are still brainstorming about what will be in the pre set loot table, co and unco are not big deal for the economy but i think they will be realy carefull for rare and leg, they cant decide to let everyone get free rare and leg without hitting economy so maybe it will be just co and unco.

@Vorsa: All the content u can see in my video and in Ropette article at momcards was in a kit press given to everyone.
There was screenshots, cards, wallpaper, artworks, portraits etc...
As u mention there are some changes, for example we were not alowed to take some pictures of different things cause it wasnt polished and got some minor glitch or bugs.

I have good relation with Eoghan, i will ask him if we can gave the content that was in the press kit, i think now it is not secret ?!

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 06:21 PM
See a press kit no offense but that means any amount of changes from that been done.

mister_Rollup
01-23-2016, 06:51 PM
I agree with u , we wish we could show some footage but we were not allowed to, i assume Vorsa asked for taking portraits or artwork to do a nice wallpaper or something like that.

I came at 2pm, and played lonely the pve campaign for 1 hour after a producer shown us some key features of the campaign and after Ropette played with my saved champion until 5.30pm and tried to go as far as he can, we saw a lot of hings, i was behind him taking some notes and asking questions to CM, PR manager and Producer to get as much info as i can.

But as i said it was a 4 weeks old campaign and when we asked questions sometimes we can feel they answered but wasnt even sure themselves.

The point was to bring as much as we can and try got propagate the PVE hype !

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 06:58 PM
I agree with u , we wish we could show some footage but we were not allowed to, i assume Vorsa asked for taking portraits or artwork to do a nice wallpaper or something like that.

I came at 2pm, and played lonely the pve campaign for 1 hour after a producer shown us some key features of the campaign and after Ropette played with my saved champion until 5.30pm and tried to go as far as he can, we saw a lot of hings, i was behind him taking some notes and asking questions to CM, PR manager and Producer to get as much info as i can.

But as i said it was a 4 weeks old campaign and when we asked questions sometimes we can feel they answered but wasnt even sure themselves.

The point was to bring as much as we can and try got propagate the PVE hype !

I love the hype Coyotles are awesome love that unique card of them.

Mejis
01-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the write up and clarification Mr Rollup.
Fantastic stuff.

frychikn
01-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Well, reading this thread I am PRETTY DAMN HYPED. there being only 6 dungeons isnt a big deal if the stuff outside the dungeons is as interesting and fun as it sounds. Plus, there will be more PVE content with set 4, no?

Xenavire
01-23-2016, 09:53 PM
Well, reading this thread I am PRETTY DAMN HYPED. there being only 6 dungeons isnt a big deal if the stuff outside the dungeons is as interesting and fun as it sounds. Plus, there will be more PVE content with set 4, no?

Launching side by side? No, it is very unlikely that we will get new areas or classes etc.

Boosted longevity due to an injection of new stuff to play with? Absolutely.

bootlace
01-24-2016, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the in-depth coverage, have some questions if you don't mind to clarify some stuff:

-You mention that "2vs2 mode is being abandoned", is this some new info you got from the event or are you (mis)interpreting what Cory said to PC Gamer? Cory said that they haven't figured out how to do it yet, but he didn't say anything about abandoning that mode completely.

-You mention that the pretty boards will be coming to PvP? Again, this is in direct contrast to the answer that Cory gave on the PC Gamer Q&A. He said the PvE boards will NOT be coming to PvP and that they're looking for a more creative implementation of that.

-You seem to be pretty confident that PvE is coming out on the 30th, which is a Saturday. Are you sure they didn't say 'latest' by 30th it will be out?

-Again I have to ask: you say ladder mode and spectator mode are the next features that are coming - is the source of this the press event or an assumption you're making based on some stuff we've heard earlier?

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 05:03 AM
Cory sounded pretty damn adamant on PVE boards never being in PVP.

Chedden
01-24-2016, 05:16 AM
You mention that the pretty boards will be coming to PvP? Again, this is in direct contrast to the answer that Cory gave on the PC Gamer Q&A. He said the PvE boards will NOT be coming to PvP and that they're looking for a more creative implementation of that.

He tell that they work on a new PvP board, not the same as in PvE.

Xenith
01-24-2016, 05:23 AM
It seems kind of silly not to implement a toggle so that everyone could use the new boards.

The only reason I can think they wouldn't do this is to have some interactive battle board in pvp where you get half a board and they get half a board and as you damage your opponent your land overtakes theirs until the entire board becomes your territory upon your victory.

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 05:32 AM
Given Cory's tone in stream he wants 'playmats' in PVP but they'll never be same as in PVE and in fact was kinda "Hell no." to the question.

Xenavire
01-24-2016, 05:35 AM
I find that to be a shame, really. The PvE game boards are so much nicer than the blank, boring PvP one. I mean, functionally, it works, but it has zero character. It's probably for tournament and spectator reasons that we won't get custom boards, but it would be so nice if we got the custom boards and they were simply a skin that wasn't shown during replays etc.

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 05:37 AM
Well he did say he they had plans for playmats for PVP just hell no to them being same as pve

mister_Rollup
01-24-2016, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the in-depth coverage, have some questions if you don't mind to clarify some stuff:

-You mention that "2vs2 mode is being abandoned", is this some new info you got from the event or are you (mis)interpreting what Cory said to PC Gamer? Cory said that they haven't figured out how to do it yet, but he didn't say anything about abandoning that mode completely.

-You mention that the pretty boards will be coming to PvP? Again, this is in direct contrast to the answer that Cory gave on the PC Gamer Q&A. He said the PvE boards will NOT be coming to PvP and that they're looking for a more creative implementation of that.

-You seem to be pretty confident that PvE is coming out on the 30th, which is a Saturday. Are you sure they didn't say 'latest' by 30th it will be out?

-Again I have to ask: you say ladder mode and spectator mode are the next features that are coming - is the source of this the press event or an assumption you're making based on some stuff we've heard earlier?

Hi , i think u didnt translated french exactly so maybe u get a bit confused with some sentences.

- for 2v2, i was talking with Jorn PR Manager about raid and he told me they are still brainstorming about how to show it, how interface will be etc... I asked if there will be other mode and he says 2v2 is way to problematic with the priority systems and would be abandoned for now cause they need to put their people on other project.

- I mentioned the opposite :) PVE board will remain PVE board u cant unlock them in pvp but now they are working on new pvp board.

-The 19th producer says : u cant anounce anything before 23th and normaly it will come outs 7 days later with 1 or 2 days delay but will go out on end of january so if we are lucky maybe before if not 2 days more, what bring us nearly to tuesday.
At no moment he gaves a date, only schedule.

-Yes, this is the road map PR manager told me, he said first PVE, after set 4 , then Spec Mode and ladder are the next one, but they are still lots of works to do on those and he didnt know wich one will come first.

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 06:12 AM
Well translations are difficult to do (dubbed anime...) hopefully we see set 4 then lots of PVE updates.

mister_Rollup
01-24-2016, 06:15 AM
I agreed, my point was not to flame him :)

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 06:17 AM
I just meant "Well not surprising there were errors." not don't snap at him XD

LNQ
01-24-2016, 07:03 AM
Thanks a lot for the info and clarifications Mr. Rollup!

Silvanos
01-24-2016, 10:05 AM
also this:

It's a bittersweet victory as well.

bootlace
01-24-2016, 10:15 AM
Hi , i think u didnt translated french exactly so maybe u get a bit confused with some sentences.

- for 2v2, i was talking with Jorn PR Manager about raid and he told me they are still brainstorming about how to show it, how interface will be etc... I asked if there will be other mode and he says 2v2 is way to problematic with the priority systems and would be abandoned for now cause they need to put their people on other project.

- I mentioned the opposite :) PVE board will remain PVE board u cant unlock them in pvp but now they are working on new pvp board.

-The 19th producer says : u cant anounce anything before 23th and normaly it will come outs 7 days later with 1 or 2 days delay but will go out on end of january so if we are lucky maybe before if not 2 days more, what bring us nearly to tuesday.
At no moment he gaves a date, only schedule.

-Yes, this is the road map PR manager told me, he said first PVE, after set 4 , then Spec Mode and ladder are the next one, but they are still lots of works to do on those and he didnt know wich one will come first.

-When you said in the video 2v2 multiplayer mode WILL be abandoned I naturally took that as meaning permanently and that made me panic as I think it's something many people are very interested in (main reason why I wanted to know from you for sure and it's good to hear you meant to say abandoned FOR NOW).

-My bad about the gameboards, although wasn't aware they were building a new PvP board so I guess that's really 'news'.

-Yea I think the Gameforge people probably emphasized the '30th date' as to be on the safe side, so not your fault here. Was just wondering maybe if they were planning some weekend launch event or something special.

-Also you used the term "heroic/hard mode" to refer to "Raids". I would have thought that there will be hard/heroic difficulty modes for both single player and raids so is this just a term you came up with or will difficulty mode be directly tied to Raids now?

-Really happy to hear spectator mode and ladder are the next confirmed features - two of the two features I look most forward to. Thank you for breaking this news!

PS: Thanks again for the great coverage and taking the time out to bring it to us. Btw I do speak French fluently but could be a bit rusty as it's been a while since I moved from Belgium & France ;)

fido_one
01-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Hi, everyone I am the french guy of the cast who has been invited by gameforge to test pve the 19 th.

First Thanks all for the messages !

I made this video for the french players, cant guess there will be so much hype or hate :)

To answer some of the questions, i've read in this 6 page :

- Yes, we played on an 4 weeks old campaign, and the first thing they said that it was work in progress and can be modified later so dont take all i says for granted but doesnt mean it is all false infos cause i was with Ropette from momcards and he had the same info too.
It was a conference with a senior producer, a PR manager and a french CM all of them from gameforge.
Sometimes when we had a question the guy could answer but many times they go to discuss with another guy to bring the info so i assume they make lots of change often, it was a meeting about something in progress and it was amazing from gameforge and HEX to let us play to a not finished version, Big UP to them ^^

But u must understand news wasnt writed in stone, we made this to make u feel the hype we had this day, so sometimes maybe we are wrong but if i had to bet i would says 90% of the news would be correct.
For exemple fews weeks ago on hextcg whe add the pve spoiler of the containment sphere, when we played it was the taming sphere and it was used to complete a "pokemon" quest to capture animals cards that u can keep after a won battle , the containment sphere was in a official friday update but now it is not the same card anymore.

- We got news in english from PR and Producer and we could ask question in french to the french CM .
For the deck builder it was in english so maybe i am wrong and i apologize, i understood 1 mean 1 card in x4 max because if u look the lvl 1 deck builder and add all number u get 24 so it would be strange to build a deck with 24 cards and 36 shards, but it makes sens if it is 3cards max of one type.

- Yes, we had PVE pack of 3 cards with PVP cards from set 1-2-3 it is randome u can get 3 pve cards or 3 pvp or a mix but the first thing i asked to Eoghan CM of Gameforge was : can we get VK ? and he says NO ! only common and uncommon to help the new players base and maybe, i repeat maybe ^^ some rare or legendaries ( like someone says trash rare with low value to dont hit economy ) the cards u can get is on a pre set loot table. Ropette opened few and had the legendary pve saph drake but on pvp card only common and uncommon, cant certify there will be rare or leg.

- I had the same feeling on start, 6 donjons was low number but before going to donjons u must do the exterior map that is huge to enter in the instancied donjons, finaly the content is realy nice, we met a NPC that made us choose between 3 cards to keep one so if u want this 3 in x4 u must do the campaign 12 times, so grinding is in their mind.

- For the 15+ housr they said it is hard to judge if u are a begginer or experienced player u can guess someone will take double the times ^^

-For the people who didnt know on an exterior map (u can die 500+ times on ext map but only 3 times in donjons, u will understand why)
there was an encounter with a piranha "boss" on each turn he use his 1 cost power that pops 4 piranha 1/1 rage 1 that must attack, in 3 turns if u do nothing u face 12 piranha, we get melted and Eoghan says to us, that is was designed to be impossible to beat if u dont finish the campaign many times and u must use some special decks build for him ( my guess would be maybe heat waves or sorrow ?) and even with the proper deck it will be a real challenge ! so maybe straight cleaning pve is fast but doing all the quest, grinding etc... will take more than 15+ hours

Thanks everyone and sorry for my average english, if u got some questions i will try to do my best !

Thanks Roll-up! Shout out to you and the other good people at MOMcards for putting up with our lack of French and helping us translate!

mister_Rollup
01-24-2016, 01:00 PM
-When you said in the video 2v2 multiplayer mode WILL be abandoned I naturally took that as meaning permanently and that made me panic as I think it's something many people are very interested in (main reason why I wanted to know from you for sure and it's good to hear you meant to say abandoned FOR NOW).

-My bad about the gameboards, although wasn't aware they were building a new PvP board so I guess that's really 'news'.

-Yea I think the Gameforge people probably emphasized the '30th date' as to be on the safe side, so not your fault here. Was just wondering maybe if they were planning some weekend launch event or something special.

-Also you used the term "heroic/hard mode" to refer to "Raids". I would have thought that there will be hard/heroic difficulty modes for both single player and raids so is this just a term you came up with or will difficulty mode be directly tied to Raids now?

-Really happy to hear spectator mode and ladder are the next confirmed features - two of the two features I look most forward to. Thank you for breaking this news!

PS: Thanks again for the great coverage and taking the time out to bring it to us. Btw I do speak French fluently but could be a bit rusty as it's been a while since I moved from Belgium & France ;)

@ Bootlace :

Sorry for the term heroic / raid i played Wow before and maybe i got still bad languague ,when i talked to Jorn the PR manager i meant Raid or Heroic for the 3 players vs IA mode, He says 3via is still in design and i got no news about difficulty level for PVE.

@Fido_one : thanks for ur support, it is very nice to have so much good comments

the_artic_one
01-24-2016, 02:47 PM
It lines up with what Cory said in the PCgamer interview,we will see 3v1 raids well before 2v2 pvp because of the pass priority hell it generates.

Phenteo
01-24-2016, 03:47 PM
It lines up with what Cory said in the PCgamer interview,we will see 3v1 raids well before 2v2 pvp because of the pass priority hell it generates.

2v2 clicking would be extreme...Though, they're working on a way at making it feel better and flow smoothly.

Mike411
01-24-2016, 04:11 PM

I think as long as people use F1/F5/F8/F10 properly it would be fine. And Hex could make it so they're punished via timers if they don't.

Personally I'd love to wait on three people instead of one in order to play 2v2 :)

Xenavire
01-24-2016, 04:15 PM
There are very few people with the patience to play anything with 3+ players passing priority. This is a fact of life, not everyone enjoys waiting. For the few of us that like those modes though, it would be great if we got a placeholder to hold us over. Hell, I am masochistic enough to want this with upwards of 10 people, even with the current priority mechanics.

Scratch my itch dammit! ;)

Mike411
01-24-2016, 04:27 PM
There are very few people with the patience to play anything with 3+ players passing priority.

I dunno. I think being able to play with a friend would be a massive draw despite the extra time required.

Right now, if I was gonna bug people to join hex, I'd have to ask them to come play by themselves, or against me -- neither of which has proven appealing enough to keep the interest of the one guy I did get to join.

SacrificialToast
01-24-2016, 06:35 PM
2v2 clicking would be extreme...Though, they're working on a way at making it feel better and flow smoothly.

Maybe something like allowing everyone to click pass/play cards at once, but if someone actually does something it resolves in player order priority, and anyone later in the order who was also trying to do something doesn't reveal what they were planning to do unless they still want to.

Just a vague idea.

Showsni
01-25-2016, 06:54 AM

Forget 2 v 2, my favourite mode is big all against all multiplayer... Which I imagine is even worse for the clicking. So easy to do in real life... (I cast this creature. Table doesn't respond. I cast this spell. Bob says hold up, Counter it. So hard in a computer game... I cast this creature. Alice clicks pass priority, Bob clicks pass priority, Charlie clicks pass priority, Derek clicks pass priority, Eve clicks pass priority, Fern clicks pass priority... It resolves.) I guess to emulate real life, instead of having each person pass priority in order you'd need some kind of window of time for people to respond... But then you have that window of time to wait for at every single action.

bootlace
01-25-2016, 07:22 AM
-Have a 'pass on everything until my turn' button.
-Have a 'pass on everything until a specific phase on specific player's turn' button.
-Have specific filters that only allows you to respond if one of these occur and you have that checked:
*My champion is directly or indirectly targeted by spells or activated abilities (as part of all champions or all opposing champions).
*My card(s) in play are targeted directly or indirectly by spells or activated abilities (as part of mass effect or something target all opposing cards)
*My champion is being attacked
*Optional (probably tougher to implement): A player takes an action that would kill a player if left unresponded (attack or spell or activated ability).
*Emergency button that when pressed in would overrule the above and give you back option to respond if it's still within your right.

The above might take some practice and education to get use to but since these are formats that largely take place among friends the burden of teaching players could be on the players themselves which is totally fine I feel.

While everyone says offline such multiplayer modes can function much faster, I believe these very tight controls done automatically could in fact speeden things up from real life to the point you could even add more players (multiplayer focused set that could be drafted and played in 8 way free-for-all format? ;D). And sure you're giving some information away when automatically passing steps and not responding to things, but this is generally more of a fun mode than anything super competitive.

DocX
01-25-2016, 07:54 AM
Those additional pass conditions would need quite a bit of testing in the client to a) make sure there weren't any unintentional interactions (aka "Bugs") and b) that they work to smooth the experience from a user perspective. I imagine there will be a good deal of work on this before it's brought forward . . . hence the pushing it off a bit from an implementation standpoint.