PDA

View Full Version : Need to know prior to patch

McCloud68
01-23-2016, 09:39 PM
I would like Phenteo or Chark to answer a question for me. After the game has been patched, soon, will a player be forced to create a character in order to continue playing Hex? I feel this is a thing we should know prior to the Patch being put in, so those of us who have an issue with being forced to do something can take appropriate measures.

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 09:43 PM
I think you'll have a choice of continuing pvp or make a char first time you log in

poizonous
01-23-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm curious what the big deal would be, i mean even if you don't plan on using PvE a character would only take a minute to create and ignore it

frychikn
01-23-2016, 09:48 PM
I'm curious what the big deal would be, i mean even if you don't plan on using PvE a character would only take a minute to create and ignore it

this.

like... i dont even see how this could be a problem with anybody.

Svenn
01-23-2016, 09:49 PM
I imagine you'll only have to create a character when you enter the campaign since that's the only place they are used. But I'm with poizonous on this... what are these "appropriate measures" you need to take?

Xenavire
01-23-2016, 09:51 PM
I imagine you'll only have to create a character when you enter the campaign since that's the only place they are used. But I'm with poizonous on this... what are these "appropriate measures" you need to take?

The only thing I could think of is potentially missing a one time chance to record something unique. And that doesn't line up with what is being said, so I gotta say, I'm intrigued.

McCloud68
01-23-2016, 09:56 PM
I am taking this from the Cory interview earlier in the week on PC Gamer. He said when a person logs into the game after the patch, a player will be taken to the create character screen. My appropriate measures if this is indeed the case is to sell off my PvP cards so I can focus on PvE only. Or just find a new game that does not force me to do things.

Svenn
01-23-2016, 10:04 PM
I am taking this from the Cory interview earlier in the week on PC Gamer. He said when a person logs into the game after the patch, a player will be taken to the create character screen. My appropriate measures if this is indeed the case is to sell off my PvP cards so I can focus on PvE only. Or just find a new game that does not force me to do things.

I am so confused. If they make you create a character (click a race and class, and then name it), you're going to be angry? And your options are sell your PvP cards and play PvE, or quit the game?

brighten34
01-23-2016, 10:05 PM
That still doesn't make any sense.

shocker455
01-23-2016, 10:06 PM
How dare a mmo force the player to make a character!

Xenavire
01-23-2016, 10:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that sort of thing would be part of the new player experience, since it doesn't make sense to force veterans to do anything like that.

Also, not a proportional response to the situation, really.

Silvanos
01-23-2016, 10:07 PM
I hope it forces you to make a character to continue playing, just because this is so bizarre.

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm going to say it'll have like a split screen with fancy Campaign button and just a continue.

Aradon
01-23-2016, 10:31 PM
Is this a satirical post? It sounds half antagonistic, and half nonsensical to me :\

ossuary
01-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Demanding direct answers from staff, entitled whining, passive aggressive threats... what is this, the Blizzard forums? :p

poizonous
01-23-2016, 10:37 PM
Ossuary for president lol

Xenavire
01-23-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm going to say it'll have like a split screen with fancy Campaign button and just a continue.

Nah, clearly we will need to clear all the PvE content to access PvP. Creating a character gives us the proving grounds, the first dungeon gives us draft, and by the time we get to the end we get constructed and sealed. And every time you want to go to any of them, you need to pay the troll under the bridge 1k gold to let you pass.

WolfCrypt
01-23-2016, 10:50 PM
Must we troll them? I mean sure their paranoia is extreme but beside the point.

poizonous
01-23-2016, 10:51 PM
Lmao this thread is so hilarious Xena, you forgot about having to hit max level before you can purchase any PvP cards

Svenn
01-23-2016, 10:52 PM
I'm still just really curious about this. I'm still confused, because he talks about selling all his PvP cards to play PvE but he's upset about needing to create a character.

strawwmann
01-23-2016, 11:00 PM
I would like Phenteo or Chark to answer a question for me. After the game has been patched, soon, will a player be forced to create a character in order to continue playing Hex? I feel this is a thing we should know prior to the Patch being put in, so those of us who have an issue with being forced to do something can take appropriate measures.

My appropriate measures if this is indeed the case is to sell off my PvP cards so I can focus on PvE only. Or just find a new game that does not force me to do things.

I think your point of view is entirely reasonable & rational, & I fully support you in it - I don't know why others are giving you so much grief.
To show how willing I am to stand in solidarity with you against all the griefers, I am willing to accept all the PvP cards you want to get rid of in this brave act of defiance.
Aluta Continua, Victoria Acerta!

wolzarg
01-23-2016, 11:28 PM
Man forced to shake hand quoted as saying "The orphanage just had to burn, i wasn't given a choice i had to shake a hand."

Laggi
01-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Characters? In my MMO!?
It's more likely than you think.

magic_gazz
01-23-2016, 11:45 PM
when you go to log in, you are forced to enter a user name and pass word, then you are forced to click buttons to do stuff

quick everyone sell their cards

McCloud68
01-24-2016, 12:18 AM
I have already begun to do so, anticipating not being happy with the PvE.

Svenn
01-24-2016, 12:49 AM

Now I'm even more confused. Are you here for the PvE or PvP (or both)? If PvE, then why are you anticipating not being happy with it? And you'd be creating a character either way... so what does it matter if it's on log in or on starting a campaign? If PvP, then why do you care what happens with the PvE?

TOOT
01-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Now I'm even more confused. Are you here for the PvE or PvP (or both)? If PvE, then why are you anticipating not being happy with it? And you'd be creating a character either way... so what does it matter if it's on log in or on starting a campaign? If PvP, then why do you care what happens with the PvE?

Every PVP should very much care what happens with PVE. Even moreso than the PVE players themselves.

PVE is the main marketing tool for Hex. The whole point of it is to bolster the PVP and paying population. If the PVE bombs, the future of everything is quite bad.

poizonous
01-24-2016, 01:34 AM
You are overly pessimistic. I've seen some pessimism before but you are far and beyond all of them. Even if PvE bombs the people will have already tasted hex and if they like it they will transfer to a PvP player. Do i think PvE bombs??? No but what i do think is that there are several people with way too high expectations from PvE that will be disappointed

TOOT
01-24-2016, 01:45 AM
lol

I am not pessimistic about it. I have no idea why you drew that conclusion or what you are going off about.

All I said was a PVP player should care how PVE is received. If you wanna continue on, try refuting that, as it was quite clearly, except to you, the only point.

saffamike
01-24-2016, 01:47 AM
There is zero chance that PVE bombs. It may not attract as many new players as we'd like, but this will pick up over time.

Saeijou
01-24-2016, 01:50 AM
i... can't... even.... wow

Salverus
01-24-2016, 03:25 AM
I just want to point out that the first two characters you make also give you a standard pve deck for that race/class thing.
so in a small degree it does matter what you pick. but lol, never seen anyone disappointed before when a super large update comes.

LNQ
01-24-2016, 07:14 AM
And disappointed because you might be forced to make a character right away. This is the weirdest complaint ever.

fido_one
01-24-2016, 07:28 AM

You have every reason to be worried. Apparently they force you to create not one, but all 8 races and then level them up to 9 before you can even go to the auction house. Don't like a battle board? They force you to replay it until you fill out an in game survey with all 5 star reviews. It's ridiculous.

I also heard that to log in chapter two, you'll have to wear one of those eye-opening head caps from Clockwork Orange and level up to 15 on their worst levels before you can even hit the menu screen. Any attempts to navigate back to your computer or go to the bathroom before you slog through the worst content ever and you get heavily penalized... I don't want to get in how you get penalized as it's a bit too graphic for these forums, but I'd recommend you watch the 'Saw' movies for a bit of prep if you're curious.

YourOpponent
01-24-2016, 07:44 AM

I understand what you mean. Some people don't like things that are a change from their routine. I can't tell you the answer to the question that you want to know, because I don't work for them...but I can tell you this...it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and take the appropriate measures to mentally prepare yourself so that things will be less upsetting for you just in case. That way if it happens...it happens and you are ready for it, but if it doesn't then you can relax and know that you were ready for it anyway...the same is also for working...does it require a lot of energy to try to plan for the "unplannable" sometimes and to think of things most people wouldn't think of? Sure, but the more you plan for changes in a routine the easier it is for some people to be able to focus in a world that doesn't seem to understand them.

The_Lannisters
01-24-2016, 02:09 PM
I should be shocked about this thread ... but I'm not. This is 2016 and the world has gone truly bonkers. I do not access the internet from my cell phone but how long can I stand my ground against all this madness surrounding me?

Tazelbain
01-24-2016, 02:35 PM
I am selling all my cards in anticipation of iris customization options for characters will not meet my needs.

Anyway liquidating cards right now would be bad, because prices are so low in the lull between content. I will wait until just after PvE hits when all this idiots will be buying cards for characters with poorly configured irises.

fido_one
01-24-2016, 02:47 PM
I should be shocked about this thread ... but I'm not. This is 2016 and the world has gone truly bonkers. I do not access the internet from my cell phone but how long can I stand my ground against all this madness surrounding me?

I took a class once which was 'Early Development of the [English] Novel' and remember specifically the work 'Humphry Clinker', which is about an old curmudgeon hiding a sweet heart. Wasn't a particularly good/great novel (though still one of the first to be written in such a form), but what stood out to me the most was the main character's (Humphry) bemoaning that the town of Bath was a portent of the world going to hell in a handbasket. Forgot his reasoning, but his complaints were about what we consider to be perfectly acceptable (lower class people sharing same space as upper class, etc.) Notable as the character was more of a reflection of a large amount of society that thought everything was going to shit.

I think it's human nature to simply not understand society as we get older. The bonus of such disenfranchisement that I never thought of until I started experiencing it (like you, I share the same thought Lannister): we gain a super-power of really not giving a shit of being so disconnected. I thank the OP for making me realize that all of the stuff I thought I was bitching and moaning about that seems ridiculous and stupid still pale in comparison to other things to get upset about.

Mike411
01-24-2016, 03:03 PM
Now that was one heck of an awesome Friday Update! Gratz to the selected Casters / Reporter, and bring on the PvE baby!

when you go to log in, you are forced to enter a user name and pass word, then you are forced to click buttons to do stuff

quick everyone sell their cardsI have already begun to do so, anticipating not being happy with the PvE.

Seems like a troll thread based off the above posts, but who knows.

Phenteo
01-24-2016, 03:41 PM
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/2/005/078/212/3c36c7f.jpg

Do not feed the trolls.