PDA

View Full Version : Hex Wishlist

Artifaction
01-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Obvious hype that PvE is coming out, set 4 is around the corner and expecting improvements to AI (The AI has been changed but not all change is improvement :P we shall see soon enough!)

What I'd like most is a casual PvP format that allows banned/pve cards. 100 card singleton constructed or 60 card constructed but with equipment. (if there's a singleton format definitely allow Jank Bots!), preferably with build restrictions disallowing cards outside of your champions charge power colors - maybe after more color combinations are available.

Multiplayer is high on my list too, even if the stack gets out of hand F8 exists and I'd be willing to play some ridiculous games 2v2 or 4 player free for all.

I'd love to see more use of the socket mechanics. Maybe a burn spell or a constant that gives actions the socket power, all of my burn spells have lifesteal or make rhinos or draw a card.

An early game free countermagic, something like 0 cost interrupt a troop deal 2 damage to you for each turn that's passed. (Would be awesome with the lifesteal constant)

A single tutor, discard my hand first, go to 1 life, cost 4+, lose the game at the end of the turn - don't care I just want to search for things!

Rendakor
01-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Agreed on singleton/EDH.

Guilds. I don't even need any of the fancy bells and whistles promised in the KS (yet); I just want a tag and an in-game channel to talk to my buddies.

3 PVP sets/year. Please.

Artifaction
01-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Agreed on singleton/EDH.

Guilds. I don't even need any of the fancy bells and whistles promised in the KS (yet); I just want a tag and an in-game channel to talk to my buddies.

3 PVP sets/year. Please.
Love the guild and sets, even 2 a year would be good :) I guess set 4 is almost ready to launch but it's already been 6 months or so since set 3?

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Set 3 was July. Also They said 2v2 was a living hell and quickly was dropped while they figure out how to build it.

Thoom
01-24-2016, 02:59 PM
One of the things I'd most like to see is the ability for one player to provide both decks in the Proving Grounds.

e.g. "I challenge you! Should you choose to accept, you will be playing my mono blood meta deck and I will be playing a shin'hare starter."

I think it'd be great for hooking new players into the game. I know when I was learning Magic, something that helped me immensely was having friends with decks that they could hand me to play against them.

Artifaction
01-24-2016, 03:01 PM
One of the things I'd most like to see is the ability for one player to provide both decks in the Proving Grounds.

e.g. "I challenge you! Should you choose to accept, you will be playing my mono blood meta deck and I will be playing a shin'hare starter."

I think it'd be great for hooking new players into the game. I know when I was learning Magic, something that helped me immensely was having friends with decks that they could hand me to play against them.

I agree completely, I always bring extra EDH decks to the card shop when we play there for people wanting to hop in a game :)

@WolfCrypt I saw that in the PCGamer interview but I'd be willing to sit through it while they sort things out.

Xavon
01-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Oh, where to begin...

Equips for all card (except basic Shards, natch).
Crafting
MPvE (which leads to)
Raids
Deck builder returns to last deck and last search/filter
Buy from deck builder/collection
Sell from deck builder/collection
Ability to turn off chest/Kismet animations.
Ability to turn off 'no rewards' message.
Ability to remove tutorial from home page.
Keep Defense
Card XP/History (a.k.a. double backs)
BYOP drafts
complete revamp of resource system with removal of mulligans.
reverse AH
Prismatic Gems
a job as card designer
Log Horizon crossover card set
performance improvements
smaller chat window
remaining 2/3 of talent trees
remaining 3 classes
unlockable classes
unlockable races
Consumables
PS4/Wii U release
non-card equips (like a generic chest item that give +2 starting health, for when none of the cards in your deck have a chest slot item)
animated card art
the ability to disable card art animation
minimum card text font size, with scroll bar when card text exceeds available space
new keyword 'Eternal' (this card cannot be voided in any zone and cannot be returned to your hand from play)

I guess that's enough for now...

Turboflex
01-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Better chat system would be important if they really want the community element to be stronger if it's going to be a MMORPG

MugenMusou
01-24-2016, 04:16 PM
My top 3 are:

1. Tablet Version so I can play anywhere anytime (as long as WIFI connection is available).
2. Keep System. Recently a game called Labyrinth CCG had a successful kickstarter, and very interesting concept, which said combines D&D and Magic. Since I'm not a D&D player, I looked up how D&D works, and guess what I discovered. I thought HEX Keep System can claim this title as well.
3. Wildwest format

Mike411
01-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Multiplayer is high on my list too, even if the stack gets out of hand F8 exists and I'd be willing to play some ridiculous games 2v2

This. If it's too slow for people even with F8/F10 etc. then they don't have to play 2v2.

I'm so looking forward to raids and 2v2. Crafting too but not as much of course.

Deathlock
01-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Almost everything mentioned earlier +
Video settings options to be able to make the game playable even on slow machines, and look just stunningly beautiful on the fastest ones.

incitfulmonk21
01-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Top 5 and the most important the rest can wait but I am really surprised these aren't in

1. Guilds (really its a shared chat the other stuff can wait)
2. Mercs (the most dissapointing news of the release is they aren't in)
3. Crafting (seems easy enough not really sure where we even stand with it though so any news at this point)
4. Keeps (It is build some decks save and have others challenge and something else never spoken of again)
5. Chat overhaul (still prefer the awful awful chat interface before the new seriously why is chat so difficult)

I am really puzzled by at least 4 of these things not being in. I can see mercs being difficult but I really really want them.

Short list of other things that need love
AH overhaul
Trading (Was suppose to be out shortly after Ah and mail was suppose to tide us over what happened?)
Kickstarter rewards (obviously some can't be given but for a game that is out of beta or close enough the rewards are taking forever)
The rest of the PvE content (I wont go into how dissapointingly little is actually in this first chapter)

Still Hex is a great game and is gorgeous the people behind it have a true passion for it and it shows. It has been such a long long road and we haven't even got to point B yet but, as long as HXE continues to pour its love into the game it will continue to be a great trip.

Svenn
01-24-2016, 05:32 PM
3+ player games. That's the one feature I'm really waiting on. It's part of why my friends don't play as much as they should be... they are used to playing big multiplayer games in physical card games. :(

Poetic
01-24-2016, 05:38 PM
My wish list is less time in between pvp sets and to NOT have double backs. I'm too ocd for that. I'm a man of simple wants and needs.

Fateanomaly
01-24-2016, 07:26 PM
I want a way to destroy or convert the untradeable cards into normal cards.
And i want a alternate trading post where people can set what they are willing to buy cards for and i can sell my cards instantly instead of putting it up for auction.

RCDv57
01-24-2016, 08:30 PM

I'd be that guy who gives the other player a deck with nothing but shards, while I also play a deck full of nothing but shards.
Then I just go in and challenge Randoms for a whole day. Or at least until I got bored.

Saeijou
01-24-2016, 10:19 PM
I'd be that guy who gives the other player a deck with nothing but shards, while I also play a deck full of nothing but shards.
Then I just go in and challenge Randoms for a whole day. Or at least until I got bored.

you sound like a friend one can have hours of fun with :P

Timlagor
01-24-2016, 11:11 PM
AH Overhaul is the thing i most want by a very long way

Artifaction
01-24-2016, 11:33 PM
I feel the generic equipment is an obvious inclusion in the base PvE expansion coming up. If they aren't there I'd be seriously confused as to why. They don't have to be 'good' they just have to be 'something' really anything better than nothing. 10% chance to start with 1 extra hp is an example of 'something' haha.

Oh to work for Hex - dream job haha. Paying gold to upgrade a bound card to an unbound card would be great. Also 100% on board with the lower graphics settings - I hear quite often "Hex is an example of how beautiful a TCG can be" but really it's "... how beautiful a TCG must and will be" Even just disabling the intro screen animations to jump back into a game after a crash would be a huge improvement for me. I dced due to crash 5 times in quick succession during the last IQ, why? it's not an unstable client entirely it's just the login screen followed by immediate loading of an animated battlefield trying to sort out everything I'd missed instantly causes instability and it's pretty but not something needed in a competitive environment.

On the topic of Hex ports, a 3DS port would be amazing. The only hesitation I have is that in some games when porting the players you interact with are console dependent and I really wouldn't want that. Even a standalone game with a limited card pool wouldn't be something I'm interested in, while it could be entertaining and has the upside of no internet requirements it should be able to additionally log into the main gain when it is ^^

Juneauz
01-25-2016, 12:29 AM
Double-Backs is definitely the feature I'm looking the most forward to. Always loved that one!

shocker455
01-25-2016, 02:21 AM
5. Chat overhaul (still prefer the awful awful chat interface before the new seriously why is chat so difficult)

This! Doesn't help that the new/worse version auto opens to become even more annoying...

Alludra
01-25-2016, 03:16 AM
Yeah the auto opening is driving me crazy, I'm constantly double checking to see if I am accidentally typing in the chatbox. :/

RCDv57
01-25-2016, 04:29 AM
you sound like a friend one can have hours of fun with :P

Add me on steam if it pleases you.
I'm not hard to find with a silly name like this.

Thoom
01-25-2016, 10:14 AM
This! Doesn't help that the new/worse version auto opens to become even more annoying...

I think the auto opening is important to happen by default. Otherwise new players would never find battle chat.

That said, I wouldn't mind a way to disable it.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 10:15 AM

Please, for the love of god, give us a simple MMO chat and not smart phone text messaging! I avoid the chat as much as possible right now.

fido_one
01-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Please, for the love of god, give us a simple MMO chat and not smart phone text messaging! I avoid the chat as much as possible right now.

I didn't know that chat hate was going on. I agree with not having it pop up every match, but I really love the icons and dialogue bubbles - I guess I'm in the minority? How about the ability to turn on and off the bubbles and icons?

Know it would probably be a major overhaul, but I'd love to be able to pop that window out and have it floating around on another monitor.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 10:31 AM
I didn't know that chat hate was going on. I agree with not having it pop up every match, but I really love the icons and dialogue bubbles - I guess I'm in the minority? How about the ability to turn on and off the bubbles and icons?

Know it would probably be a major overhaul, but I'd love to be able to pop that window out and have it floating around on another monitor.

This is pretty much what I want (with customization, let me make my own tabs and decide what goes there): http://www.aleczan.com/FFXIV/img/howto/MovingUI_04.jpg

Don't need all that extra crap. It just clutters things.

shocker455
01-25-2016, 10:34 AM
I think the auto opening is important to happen by default. Otherwise new players would never find battle chat.

That said, I wouldn't mind a way to disable it.

The problem isn't even that it pops up, its that its so huge. Its always blocking something that you need to look at. There is bunch of other things i dont like about it, but its lack of practicability in battles is whats killing me. Why do you think its so rare for people to talk battle now days. At least when we had the broken chat people talked more

Svenn
01-25-2016, 10:35 AM
The problem isn't even that it pops up, its that its so huge. Its always blocking something that you need to look at. There is bunch of other things i dont like about it, but its lack of practicability in battles is whats killing me. Why do you think its so rare for people to talk battle now days. At least when we had the broken chat people talked more

Yeap, the old chat was easier to see more text with less wasted space. I could make it a decent size and put it somewhere out of the way. Now if I want the chat open it just takes up way too much space, so I leave it closed and rarely talk to anyone.

Kaizor
01-25-2016, 10:46 AM
There are actually just two things i would like for this game.

1. The Option to use Equip when you play against friends on proving grounds (idk why this is not implented and noone mentioning it)

2. Actually more transperency, what is actually being worked on. I mean for example, tons of bugs are being requested for Months and Months now like the Brutal Commander Bug and so on, and noone knows when it gotta be fixed or even looked on. Not even the Nobles know it, when you ask them. Same to Mercenaries. Noone knows anything about them and whoever you ask, noone can give you an answer. I simply would like to have simple statements by the Develepment team to FAQ's.

Xavon
01-25-2016, 11:23 AM
There are actually just two things i would like for this game.

1. The Option to use Equip when you play against friends on proving grounds (idk why this is not implented and noone mentioning it)

Using Equipment is a part of PvE, as much as PvE cards. Just like PvE cards can be wild and overpowered because they do not break the tournament/PvP experience, equips can do the same thing to PvP cards.

Kaizor
01-25-2016, 11:25 AM
I know. But why is there no Option to use Equip in Funmatches when both players agree to it? I would like to use my PVE Deck (even without the PVE Cards) against my friends and they would like to do the same.

I see no point why this option shouldn't be in the game.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 11:33 AM
I know. But why is there no Option to use Equip in Funmatches when both players agree to it? I would like to use my PVE Deck (even without the PVE Cards) against my friends and they would like to do the same.

I see no point why this option shouldn't be in the game.

It's a feature on the list. There was mention of potentially even doing tournaments like that in the past (though that wasn't guaranteed and could change).

It seems simple, but there is a bunch that would have to go into coding it. It's not as complex as adding a new system, but it's still development time. It would be cool if they add it soon, but they've got a lot on their plate still.

Kayas42
01-25-2016, 11:42 AM
I just want sets to be released on a regular schedule. The current release schedule on sets is too slow to keep interest.

Any other features to be honest I am ambivalent about after PVE is released.

Those who want co-op gameplay, it sounded like it was going to take a while when that question was posed in the PC Gamer interview.

Seluhir
01-25-2016, 01:03 PM
The biggest ones for me:

1) AH Overhaul. The current AH is one of the most unfriendly UIs I've used in my life(and I used computers back in the early 90s before the current user friendliness movement came about). It makes me want to ram my head into a wall.

2) Boss vetoes in Arena (Add more bosses, let us veto 2)

3) Restructuring of the game's reward systems. Right now free to play players are essentially locked out of some of the game's coolest features(the wheels of fate, opening packs, etc.). Now you may say 'great, that'll entice them to pay'... except it won't. Because you only entice someone to pay if they get a real taste of it every so often that whets their desire. The existence of packs/chests available through PvE(not necessarily the same size/quality as the paid ones, of course) would go a long way towards encouraging PvE players to invest in the game.
Sadly, the devs have this twisted notion that giving ANYTHING away for free will completely destroy the value of everything... which real world companies have proven time and time again to not be the case. Samples, giveaways, etc. are huge drives for sales. But you don't drive sales by giving away something that is completely different from the product you're selling. You drive sales by giving away part of what you are selling.

4) Co-operative gameplay

Svenn
01-25-2016, 01:13 PM
3) Restructuring of the game's reward systems. Right now free to play players are essentially locked out of some of the game's coolest features(the wheels of fate, opening packs, etc.). Now you may say 'great, that'll entice them to pay'... except it won't. Because you only entice someone to pay if they get a real taste of it every so often that whets their desire. The existence of packs/chests available through PvE(not necessarily the same size/quality as the paid ones, of course) would go a long way towards encouraging PvE players to invest in the game.
Sadly, the devs have this twisted notion that giving ANYTHING away for free will completely destroy the value of everything... which real world companies have proven time and time again to not be the case. Samples, giveaways, etc. are huge drives for sales. But you don't drive sales by giving away something that is completely different from the product you're selling. You drive sales by giving away part of what you are selling.

You're in luck!

http://en.hex.gameforge.com/news.html?p=5166

REWARDS GALORE!
With over 100 new PvE Reward Cards (cards you can earn and put into your PvE decks) and nearly 200 brand new equipment, there will be plenty of loot for you to earn as you tackle the first Adventure Zone. There are any number of ways to earn rewards–you can earn cards from completing Quests, from Shroomkin Hauses, for achieving a side-objective during an encounter, or from a Dungeon Pack (five unique packs for five unique dungeons) or an Adventure Zone 1 Pack (given out throughout the Adventure Zone).

Both packs will always contain five total reward items, which will consist of some combination of equipment, PvE cards, Stardust, and a subset of PvP commons. Dungeon packs for the most part share a common loot table. Add to that six unique PvE cards and 9 unique equipment specific to each respective dungeon’s pack—including one legendary card and one legendary equipment which drop at a very low rate. That means the Fort Romor Dungeon Pack has different unique cards from the Usurper Dungeon Pack, but they also pull from the shared pool of cards. Adventure Zone packs pull from a much larger, completely shared loot table.

To speak to the common PvP cards, we wanted to be able to offer access to some basic building block commons (especially for players that are just starting out), and we don’t want to have double up on those simple designs—which would allow players to run what would functionally be 8x of a given effect (say, Kill) in their deck instead of 4. Because the vast majority of value in a PvP pack is relegated to the Rare/Legendary slot, we felt that offering a subset of the commons from our PvP sets to the campaign experience would not really affect the value of players’ collections.

One of the things I am really proud of the R&D team with is the amount of time spent on rewards in general—we spent a lot of time figuring out how much to give, how to give it, and on making fun and engaging designs that would pair well with the rest of the experience. We tried out a number of systems. Opening packs (you will get to open many throughout the campaign) is a core TCG experience and these packs created a fun little surprise. You won’t always be sure what event in the campaign is going to yield getting an Adventure Zone pack in your first time through, and that’s followed by the fun moment of busting open a pack of stuff and having a high range of possible outcomes. We’ve really tried to prioritize making rolling new characters and replaying the content a great experience. When you always knew exactly what you were going to get it felt drier and more predictable, and this goes a long way to keeping it fresh and awesome.

Seluhir
01-25-2016, 01:27 PM
I read that.

It's an EXTREMELY small step in the right direction. But it's a step nonetheless.

If those packs have chests in them... and if they have an extremely low chance of less-common cards.... then they're making a big step. But as it sounds right now... it's at least enough to get them into the store. Which is a good start.

wurtil
01-25-2016, 01:43 PM
48 character slots. Probably not wise to admit how much I'd pay for it too...

ThomasHunter
01-25-2016, 02:51 PM

Yeah, I'm an unrepentant alt-aholic. :cool:

Svenn
01-25-2016, 02:57 PM

That amount is definitely greater than $0 for me. ;)

Thoom
01-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Luckily, HXE doesn't seem inclined to nickel and dime us, unlike some other MMO companies I could mention.

funktion
01-25-2016, 03:17 PM
I have a somewhat extensive (12 points or so) and detailed list which some day point I'll post here on the forums. Nice to see what others are pining for though.

BossHoss
01-25-2016, 03:25 PM

I'd give my leftmost acorn for 48 character slots

SquallTiofae
01-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Equipment folding/crafting. I have so much useless spare equips from a ridiculous amount of Arena runs, I'd love to be able to dismantle them into dust or craft other random equips or something.

Steelio
01-25-2016, 09:22 PM
There could be different pieces of equipment for shards. Each might have, say, a small chance of producing a certain effect.

Oh, where to begin...
Equips for all card (except basic Shards, natch).

Yoss
01-25-2016, 09:40 PM
I didn't read this whole thread, but some of you may be interested to check out the Unofficial Features List thread linked in my sig. It covers pretty much everything in the OP already and I'm certainly open to adding more.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35429

icecon
01-25-2016, 10:30 PM
My top 5 quality of life desires (in order of importance):
- Faster Card Manager/AH Listing, takes forever to load every single time. No need to pull everything when we only want to get 1 item.
- Searchable Mail (related corollary: single page AH transaction history)
- Pressing enter in every field should not bring up chat window. (Honestly, keep the beta tag if this isn't getting fixed soon, it screams unpolished UI)
- More players! I am quite confident a scheduled sealed has not fired in at least 4 days, I have tried to join several. The closest was 13/16. (aka Please allow me to let you take my money!).
- Set 4

Thank you and good day. :)

Thoom
01-25-2016, 11:59 PM
- Pressing enter in every field should not bring up chat window. (Honestly, keep the beta tag if this isn't getting fixed soon, it screams unpolished UI)

I had never even noticed this one, but apparently it's fixed in the new patch.

Alludra
01-26-2016, 02:15 AM
So patch notes granted my wish! Anyone elses?

Pressing the “Enter” button while in any text box will no longer open the chat interface

Awwww yeah!! Tons of great stuff in there! :D

seashell
01-26-2016, 02:20 AM
My greatest wish in Hex- nay- in life is that Scheme be fixed as quickly as possible

Artifaction
01-26-2016, 02:30 AM
Is Scheme messed up? Some really good things in the patch today ^^ Luckily I found a group of people, Team Clockwork - next month we're doing a Highlander tourney just for fun. 100 card singleton for those unaware. Very hyped for it and hopefully it catches on and becomes a supported format at some point.

Glad to see the community spring into action on the forums while the games down haha great stuff here.

*Edit Ah I did find the issue with Scheme, makes 16x a card in your deck rather than 4 and is temp banned until it's patched.

wolzarg
01-26-2016, 02:53 AM
We did that in our guild a while back i got creamed but it was fun.