PDA

View Full Version : So I've been looking for Hex Art

Real
01-24-2016, 05:12 PM
And sneakily found a lot more than I expected, and I do mean a LOT more including a few of the earlier concept work or some things that were changed to a better fitting version.

Soooo I have like, 3 albums right here; I don't know if the art is ever going to get used or anything, I just know that if you're a bit good at using google you can find them all.

For those that have the artist written by them; I knew these and most of them are able to be traced right back. There are a few however- that don't. Mostly because I forgot where I originally found them and thus don't have the information anymore (nor does rolling it lead back to where I got it from; point in case AA Princess Victoria that leads me to the card and not the art).

The first album I'll share is what I've found of Jonathan Kirtz's work (http://imgur.com/a/X2WLh). These are styleguides from dwarves and robots (Plus a single orc) and what surprised me is that there actually is a female dwarf in there.

The second album is of a few conceptual art pieces (http://imgur.com/a/y9L4Z) (Rocket Ranger being the only one mostly complete from the start) - Interestingly enough, by finding the art of Vicious Vivisector I also discovered that this piece is in fact a Vanity art. Man I am just so jealous.

And lastly -and definitely NOT least! -, lastly I have a masterlist of all the art (http://imgur.com/a/pOVAb) I have found that isn't directly available on hextcg itself. This includes art of a LOT of different artists, including Tyler James! I must admit I've spent many a times just looking at the art pieces in fact- just by visiting his portfolio ( http://www.artofty.com/ ) I keep finding new pretties to look at.

Enjoy all the arts people! I know I have!

RCDv57
01-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Thats impressive

fido_one
01-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Awesome!

"Adrian Wilkins - Coyotle Warlock (final!)" has always been my favorite since the day I saw it; most Hex art is spectacular, that one always has me coming back and finding something new and magical about it. That sideways look, the splayed hands with the color of the eyes? Amazing.

Real
01-24-2016, 05:31 PM
Thats impressive

You mean my search ability or just all-round massive amount of art available?

Awesome!

"Adrian Wilkins - Coyotle Warlock (final!)" has always been my favorite since the day I saw it; most Hex art is spectacular, that one always has me coming back and finding something new and magical about it. That sideways look, the splayed hands with the color of the eyes? Amazing.

I've been curious about that one, considering I see relation between the Coyotle Shaman (that'd be like the L1 one) flowing into the Coyotle Warlock and then into the Final one for L3 - but that may just be in my head :P

Mejis
01-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Fantastic work putting all this together. Lovely to have some artist credits. I will enjoy going through this after work today.

fido_one
01-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Hey I forgot about it, but Real, did you get a hold of the art book Hex gave KS backers in 2013? (or was it 2014?) I'm going to dig it up after reading your post and go over it again.

EDIT: It is accessible to anyone who knows the link, but I'll let an orange post that link as I may not be allowed to publicize it on the forums.

Real
01-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Hey I forgot about it, but Real, did you get a hold of the art book Hex gave KS backers in 2013? (or was it 2014?) I'm going to dig it up after reading your post and go over it again.

EDIT: It is accessible to anyone who knows the link, but I'll let an orange post that link as I may not be allowed to publicize it on the forums.

I'm not a kickstart backer - I do not have this artbook (though I expect AA Princess Victoria to be in there considering that is Filip's)

fido_one
01-24-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm not a kickstart backer - I do not have this artbook (though I expect AA Princess Victoria to be in there considering that is Filip's)

Given your post here you're going to want to see it, like I said, the link is 'public' meaning you don't need a password/username to see it, and I see very little reason others shouldn't take a gander at it now that the KS is so far behind us, but I don't want to link it as it was associated with the KS awards. Hopefully someone from CZE can see your post here and either slap the link on this thread or PM it to you as you'll really enjoy it (even if it doesn't include set 2/3/PvE art). Goes into some of their design principles that they hand out to their artists (how they want elves drawn, etc.).

fido_one
01-24-2016, 06:17 PM
EDIT: Here is some of it that is public - let's see if CZE weighs in on if we can link the whole thing.

http://coryhudsonjones.tumblr.com/post/81619510529/the-art-of-hex-book

Real
01-24-2016, 06:21 PM
EDIT: Here is some of it that is public - let's see if CZE weighs in if we can link the whole thing.

http://coryhudsonjones.tumblr.com/post/81619510529/the-art-of-hex-book

oh I know those :) I'm still sad there isn't more on his tumblr XD - I'm pretty interested in an art book to be honest - I enjoy looking through things (as obvious with the big ass 151 arts in the masterlist :P)

fido_one
01-24-2016, 06:29 PM
oh I know those :) I'm still sad there isn't more on his tumblr XD - I'm pretty interested in an art book to be honest - I enjoy looking through things (as obvious with the big ass 151 arts in the masterlist :P)

It's good, but rather small, and you've probably seen most of the content scattered throughout the Internet in your research, still, it's nice to have in one curated package. They alluded to having more art books but that was in the days when they thought they'd have the game in a released state in 2014, and honestly if I had to choose (and CZE does have to choose), I prefer the art articles they occasionally post on the front page as they are more frequent/accessible.

Real
01-24-2016, 06:58 PM
It's good, but rather small, and you've probably seen most of the content scattered throughout the Internet in your research, still, it's nice to have in one curated package. They alluded to having more art books but that was in the days when they thought they'd have the game in a released state in 2014, and honestly if I had to choose (and CZE does have to choose), I prefer the art articles they occasionally post on the front page as they are more frequent/accessible.

You're right on that, I like digging further though- I mean the art's great, Lullaby has SO MUCH detail as well like - just the in game art is too little for mew (tiny art vs MASSIVE SCREEN FILLING BEAUTIES!) - mind you I don't know if I'm even allowed to like post 'm on here, I just did cause someone told me to do so - to share the loot so to say.

AEgishjalmur
04-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Hey, all those IMGur links you posted in the OP seem dead now, any chance you could re-host them? :(

Also, I don't suppose there's been any mention of a future physical hex art book? I played the game a little bit 2 years~ ago and just recently came back, I feel the art has evolved a toooon.